Looking for information on crossdraw holsters

This is a discussion on Looking for information on crossdraw holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wondering if anyone out there is using the crossdraw method and if so, what holsters do you recommend? I've had a lot of bone removed ...

Thread: Looking for information on crossdraw holsters

Looking for information on crossdraw holsters

Wondering if anyone out there is using the crossdraw method and if so, what holsters do you recommend?

I've had a lot of bone removed from my right hip and carrying on my strong side isn't the same anymore. I rotate my carry guns between either a 3 or 4 inch Kimber and now it seems that they just slide downward because of the difference in the way the right hip is shaped after the surgery.

Thought I would try crossdraw with the holster and gun weight on my 'normal' hip, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of those style holsters out there. The OWB holsters for right hand carry with three slots that are advertised to be used for crossdraw also just don't seem to get the cant right for me.

Any help is certainly appreciated!

2. Remove Ads

Dave,
    First off, I'm sorry you have had to undergo surgery on your hip. I hate to hear that sort of thing about anybody.

I may be able to help with your crossdraw situation for both of your Kimber's with one holster. We can build a 3" Silent Thunder for your Kimber's with an open end so your 4" will work just as well. The only difference is your 4" will extend past the barrel end of the holster about an inch. The Silent Thunder OWB cant can be adjusted 360 degrees so you can set your cant however you need it for crossdraw. We have a high/low belt slide option (standard) for ride height adjustment, as well as several other mounting options. Please feel free to call me if you have any concerns. We have a 30 day return policy for any reason, so if you order one and can't make it work, you can send it back to us.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

I carried in crossdraw position for a few weeks following some surgery I had done. The link below takes you to the FIST holster I used then and still do for driving sometimes. Good piece of equipment.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/42.htm

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I carried in crossdraw position for a few weeks following some surgery I had done. The link below takes you to the FIST holster I used then and still do for driving sometimes. Good piece of equipment.
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/42.htm
    Great pick here, I have this one for my Glock-36.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Take a look at Mitch Rosen holsters. My cross draw is a straight drop for now.

crossdraw

I have a Mernickle rig for my PM9 that is appendix or crossdraw made rough side out. It is double layered leather with a metal band reinforcing the holster to allow it to be carried either inside the waistband or inside the belt in either crossdraw or appendix. Very fast rig with great retention.

Thanks for the replies and information, everyone!

Good information to start researching, I appreciate it.

How did I miss this thread?

I'm usually annoying everyone with my tireless advocacy of crossdraw. I use a SERPA holster for it's adjustability and retention. I'd like to get a leather holster for better concealment, but I haven't yet. Maybe I'll make one...

Anyhoo, I have hip issues as well and I use crossdraw almost exclusively now.It takes some getting used to, but it works out better for driving, sitting, and even standing IMO. You telegraph less with the motion to draw than with the "elbows out" standard style of draw from strong-side.

Good hunting, and post your final decision. I'm always looking for a new idea!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

VIP Member
    Well, if you can handle the truth about cross-draws, then here’s another vote for Mitch Rosen’s not so famous ‘Transverse’. I mean; there’s no denying the cool-factor with a cross draw and I suppose if I ever run out of things I really need, I’d order one too! The quality of Mitch Rosen offerings is at the top of the holster food chain, so be prepared to pay through the nose.

* See Product Line/Holsters/On-the-Belt/TRV
    http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_li...duct_line.html

Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Here's the little Mernicle rig made rough out for my PM9 being worn appendix; I'll spare you the other photos... :^). It functions cross draw just as well. The metal reinforcement allows it to be worn either appendix or cross / inside waist or inside the belt; slight butt rear cant. The belt can be tight and not collapse the holster or inhibit reholstering. Very fast rig for a small pistol. Normally they are not rough out.

kivaari

sks trigger meister..over 3,000 happy customers

www.kivaari.com

Links