Tell me about your UBG Canute / Striker holsters!!

This is a discussion on Tell me about your UBG Canute / Striker holsters!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Folks, I've got a Kel-Tec P-11 ordered and it should be here in a couple of days. I've been looking at IWB holster options ...

Thread: Tell me about your UBG Canute / Striker holsters!!

Hi Folks,

I've got a Kel-Tec P-11 ordered and it should be here in a couple of days. I've been looking at IWB holster options and recently came across UBG holsters website and was pretty impressed with the apparent quality of Nate's work, and product line. I'm particularly interested in his Canute and Striker models.

I haven't posted much here, so just a little backgroung on myself. I'm a former LEO and have been cc'ing some kind of pistol or revolver for the past 25 yrs. or so, and as many folks, have also tried quite a few different holsters during that time. Of the IWB holsters I've used, I've found Milt Sparks VM-II to be my favorite and most comfortable to date. But there are a lot more holstermakers out there who's products I'm not familiar with, certainly not trying to take anything away from MS products, I think they're great.

That said, I'm always open to considering new makers/products etc. and was interested in hearing the opinions of some of you folks who are using Nate's Canute,or, Striker holsters.

I've tried Crossbreeds Supertuck (for a S&W 642) and they just don't work FOR ME. I'm not attempting to badmouth Mark's products by any means, they're good holsters at a very reasonable price, and the following they have speaks for their popularity. I just can't get the cant (punn intended) i need out of them, no matter how I adjust it. Plus, I just prefer leather.

One question I had for those that may own a Canute / Striker is do you have the re-enforced mouth, and do you think it is necessary on these particular holsters?

Sorry for being so long winded, but I get that way talking 'bout "gun stuff" ... just ask my wife

Appreciate any input you may have.

Thanks,

YB
    Last edited by Yankee Bill; December 22nd, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

I have the UBG (not BUG) CANUTE for my P229 and P239....great holsters. I have the re-inforced mouth for my P229, but not for my P239...just personal preference.

My next holster will be a UBG...just not sure which one yet.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Hi Sigguy,

Appreciate the reply, and you pointing out my typo. Had it right in my head, but wrong in my fingers Glad to hear you like your Canute's. Do you notice much difference in the comfort level or concealability capabilities between the re-inforced mouth version and the non re-inforced one?

I'm in a dilema between the canute and striker models as I prefer the look of the leather belt loops, but the convienience of the clips sure is a nice feature to have.

Thanks again for the input, and your service. Keep yer head down and come home safely.

YB

You know...I don't notice a difference. I will say that the Canute is the most comfortable IWB I have ever owned....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I love the UBG Canute. I picked one up in January and have carried my M&P9c in it almost everyday. It is great and super comfortable. It was nice to only have to buy one holster as opposed to having a shoe box full of them like so many people talk about. I debated getting the reinforced opening and decided not to. I have never had a problem with one handed re-holstering as the holster is very rigid and does not collapse. If you like the look or want to add sharkskin or something, go for it. Otherwise, if your only concern is the holster collapsing and one handing re-holstering, don't worry. It always stays open. Again, I love it! Nate is great to work with. I am actually looking at getting one of his belts to go along with the holster right now.
    ''What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?'' Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    I'm also very interested in UBG holsters, but don't own one

FWIW, it appears that the Striker rides a little deeper than the Canute.

Note that on the same gun, the loops on the Canute place the belt just below the trigger guard, while the Striker's clips go straight across it.

Like you, I can't get the Supertuck to sit just right for me. Also, I've decided I prefer all-leather. But I love the convenience of clips, so for my money, I'd go with the Striker.

YMMV
    Last edited by Xader; December 22nd, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Appreciate the informative replies guys.

Yeah, I need to look at some pics of each model being worn to get a little better idea of how my gun will ride. Being that it will be for a small frame auto (Kel-Tec p-11) I'm wondering if I'd have any finger clearence issues at the grip with the Striker.

I guess my best bet will be to contact Nate and ask his opinion.

YB

I've got the Striker with reinforced opening. Love the way it wears. Also like the "pre-bend" it has.

Been having to do the waxed-paper thing a lot -- my Bersa UC 45 still occasionally sticks (as in "it won't come out") in the holster.

I absolutely love my Striker. It is very comfortable and I can wear it all day with no problems. The clips are a great feature because I can take it off and on whenever I want to with ease.

I plan on ordering 3 more holsters from him after the first of the year.

Appreciate all the input folks. I guess as with any holster, each design has its fans for their own particular reasons. It's nice to see everyone's perspective.

YB

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    YB..I sent you a PM...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    YB..I sent you a PM...
    Received & replied. Thank You LL.

YB

Links