Undertech Undercover shorts for women

This is a discussion on Undertech Undercover shorts for women within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friendly heads up to the men here in this thread. Not to long ago I received a warning from one of the Mods here ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Undertech Undercover shorts for women

A friendly heads up to the men here in this thread.

Not to long ago I received a warning from one of the Mods here with 5 infraction points. It was for a comment that had no sexual innuendo in my mind when I posted it. I mention this just so you can be careful. Below is the comment I made. It was in a thread about a newcomer woman who had posted a video on youtube (gun related review) but only showed herself from the neck down.

From the Mod
    "I put up a warning in the "She Knows Her Stuff" thread and told everyone to keep it clean. Discussing her breasts is not keeping it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    "honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video."

My reply in the thread that got me an infraction
    "I thought she did a great job of presenting the material and information she wanted to get out there. It was very informative. I have no problems with people who don't show their face on videos. Some probably do it for privacy. Most of the info I want to get from a video happens below the neck anyhow. "

Again, I am just posting this so you guys don't get an infraction as I did. I still can't figure out how my comment was inappropriate.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    It's just a fact of life that men and women tend to have different types and styles of clothing. Not always, but usually.

And that means that concealment solutions for one sex won't necessarily work for the other. Our female members here have the luxury of carrying a thigh rig, whereas the men are out of luck there unless they belong to the St Andrew's Society. But usually they aren't so lucky - in most cases their clothing will be less bulky, more form-fitting, and for them concealment is a serious challenge.

So I am in awe when somebody figures out something like these shorts, because you can see that this method really works well.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    http://www.pistolwear.com/holsters.htm

This website also appeared on the forum somewhere and I bookmarked it. Another tight to the body similar kind of thing.
    The wife loves hers, and the company is great to work with.

What does this do better than a belly band?

I ask because my wife uses a belly band for her LCP, but I'd like to get her into a G26.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    What does this do better than a belly band?

I ask because my wife uses a belly band for her LCP, but I'd like to get her into a G26.
    I dunno. I don't have a belly band. I'm accustomed to drawing from my waistband though, so this is more similar to belt carry.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Here's an example of one:

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...137&CatID=1041

You can spin it around to wear the gun anywhere around the waist you want. You also don't need to worry about, uhhh...wearing a thong to keep it clean...ahem... You can also change the ride height. A possible disadvantage is that it might move around a bit.

A big advantage for my wife is that she uses the restroom a lot - she drinks lots of water. With the belly band, she does not need to worry about where the gun is while she has to use the commode - it stays around the waist independent of the pants/skirt.

So...I was wondering what these shorts did better than a belly band to justify their much higher price??
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Here's an example of one:

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...137&CatID=1041

You can spin it around to wear the gun anywhere around the waist you want. You also don't need to worry about, uhhh...wearing a thong to keep it clean...ahem... You can also change the ride height. A possible disadvantage is that it might move around a bit.

A big advantage for my wife is that she uses the restroom a lot - she drinks lots of water. With the belly band, she does not need to worry about where the gun is while she has to use the commode - it stays around the waist independent of the pants/skirt.

So...I was wondering what these shorts did better than a belly band to justify their much higher price??
    Couldn't tell ya. I've never seen the belly band modeled like that, which is why I never even considered buying one.
    I've always seen it worn higher up, more on the ribcage - which would mean me drawing from my armpit lol (not to mention the tucked in shirt complication) so I never considered it because of that.
    The shorts DO seem expensive, but really not *that* much compared to a good leather holster, so I decided to go for it.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    You guys do crack me up. It's a good thing I tend to hang with guys a lot and don't take affront to that kind of talk. :)
    If you need a demonstration Biker, you'd better just go look up the VS catalog online.....or pm me your number LOL J/K about that last part!

My sister tried on the shorts and she loved them!
    Check your PM's.

So your sister didn't love the shorts huh? Pity, I thought they were just the ticket.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Check your PM's.

So your sister didn't love the shorts huh? Pity, I thought they were just the ticket.

Biker
    no, she DID love them. Of all the holsters she's tried (both mine and hers) she said they were her favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Couldn't tell ya. I've never seen the belly band modeled like that, which is why I never even considered buying one.
    I've always seen it worn higher up, more on the ribcage - which would mean me drawing from my armpit lol (not to mention the tucked in shirt complication) so I never considered it because of that.
    The shorts DO seem expensive, but really not *that* much compared to a good leather holster, so I decided to go for it.
    Magills has a belly band, and a video demo like the one posted earlier. My wife uses a belly band, it's versatile, but it doesn't allow for a good grip for presentation, like these shorts appear to.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i always wear thongs with my summer carry options. dont get too excited folks, their just some old boxers i recycled, started out white but they are now a dashing tan color, maybe i need to use less bleach............................................ ............

on a serious note, i think something like this in a pair of biking spandex would work great for our crowd who worries about carry while working out
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links