Undertech Undercover shorts for women

This is a discussion on Undertech Undercover shorts for women within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A while back I read a thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ech-Undercover and my sister and I have debated back and forth about ordering a pair of these. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Undertech Undercover shorts for women

Undertech Undercover shorts for women

A while back I read a thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ech-Undercover and my sister and I have debated back and forth about ordering a pair of these. I thought it might work better for me than a tuckable holster because I am required to tuck my shirt in at work. She thought it might work for her because she can't wear a belt with a lot of her nicer pants. Fortunately we wear about the same size, so only one of us has to spring the bucks for a "test" pair.
    Well I sprung the bucks. Bought myself a Christmas present

I can report that they are comfortable. Sized and fitted quite well in my opinion. The stretch material is perfect. They conceal my gun well under my tucked in shirt without any extra finagling - which is important to me because we don't have a mirror in the bathroom at work so I can't get a good check on the printing issue after re-situating my wardrobe.

They stretch and move a bit as the female body does when you walk, but the gun stays nice and secure, especially when you're wearing pants over it. You need two hands for re-holstering, but I'm not practicing my speed draws at work so that's not a biggie. Of course having to un-tuck my shirt already slows my draw down a bit, but at least I still have the option to draw. When I'm wearing a jacket I can cheat, and un-tuck my shirt since you can't see it then anyway. Plus I can always un-tuck it on a delivery I feel "iffy" about someone, without my bosses seeing me.

The only downside seems to be that I drive for a living. At first it's fine, as comfortable as anything else I've worn while driving, but after a LOT of driving you do start to notice it pressing on you. Probably this wouldn't be an issue for anyone who wasn't spending a 10-hour shift in and out of the car. Such is my life.

Conclusion is that I'm definitely gonna keep a pair of these for when I need them. I will let my sister give it a spin next week so she can tell if it's gonna work for her.
    I will spare you a picture of myself wearing them you can check out the model here http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/40...%2BClothing%2F which is where I ordered them from. They arrived quickly so I was pleased with them.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

2. Remove Ads

If they work for you, great. It is difficult to argue with success.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

My that sure is a fancy pair of bloomers that nice woman is wearing over at Magill's.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well I said I would "spare" you the pix of me wearing it, but I guess I can show how it looks with my uniform on

If I pull my shirt down straight it looks best of course.

If you REALLY know what to look for, you can kinda tell my belt is curved a little funny. People don't see what they don't look for though.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Can't tell you're armed!

So far, I don't see any problems with that rig.

But no poses like the gal at Magills? What's up with that?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    OK, I give up, where exactly is the gun and what kind is it?

Is there a spare magazine pouch in the garment?

I think it looks great - no sign of anything in these photos.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    OK, I give up, where exactly is the gun and what kind is it?

Is there a spare magazine pouch in the garment?

I think it looks great - no sign of anything in these photos.
    about 5 oclock - XD9sc

the shorts have two holster pockets made of snugly tight elastic stuff. You can either carry you gun right or left handed, and I could see the opposite pocket being tight enough to hold an extra mag or two. Haven't tried that myself yet though

Interesting. Shorts with a built in holster. Nifty idea.

Distinguished Member
    Fantastic. This is a neat idea - shapewear as well as a holster.

cammo girl what is this shapewear of which you speak? Is that some sort of woman code talk?

Tala, How do you like your XD9sc? I have one too and it shoots like a dream! Excellent gun!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

VIP Member
    Nope, would have never guessed you were CC! Looks good.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Can't tell you're armed!
    Bark, if you'll look closely you can see both limbs hanging below the red short sleeve shirt. ..

Tala, GREAT JOB on concealing your weapon.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

At the risk of getting even more infraction points I thought that some may want to see the full video demo of this product. It can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4dRjnUL8oc

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    cammo girl what is this shapewear of which you speak? Is that some sort of woman code talk?

Tala, How do you like your XD9sc? I have one too and it shoots like a dream! Excellent gun!
    Shapewear is modern talk for what were known as girdles. They are tight stretchy underwear kind of things like the tops of control top pantyhose that hold you all in, i.e. flatten the tummy or other rolls of fat. It looks like Tala needs no shapewear. I have some things I wear it with, form fitting knits for example when you want no lines or no bulges where no bulge should appear. Slimming.

Anyhow, that is the answer to your question.

Merry Christmas.

ps. here I am on Christmas Eve on a gun nut forum talking about shapewear. Whoda thought. Weird.

Tala,

Good job concealing. One thing you might want to consider, especially if you're driving a lot, is Appendix Carry providing you have a short barreled handgun. Other than that, nice job and nice Bloomers.

Biker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links