9mm EAA Witness Tanfoglio

This is a discussion on 9mm EAA Witness Tanfoglio within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm still having the darnedest time finding a nice OWB holster for my Witness. I like open top holsters, I'm not a fan of snap ...

Thread: 9mm EAA Witness Tanfoglio

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Question 9mm EAA Witness Tanfoglio

I'm still having the darnedest time finding a nice OWB holster for my Witness. I like open top holsters, I'm not a fan of snap tops. My Witness is the one gun I am most proficient with, yet I can't carry it due to the lack of a proper holster.

I like the Serpas, but can not find one for this model. I heard that some holsters fitted for the CZ will also fit the Witness. Any truth to this? I'd really love to carry my Witness again, but want to have to right equipment to do so with. I prefer synthetic to leather (If it has to be leather I want black).

Right now I carry either my G36 or 1911 (in a Serpa) both of which I am comfortable with, but not as comfortable as my Witness.

Can someone help me find a nice OWB holster for my Witness... I can't find one. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I did some searching and came up with this and a report (look at the holsters section) that says these guys can make a holster for your EAA witness.

I have a witness compact 40 that fits in a desantis leather holster for a glock 17. Take it to a gun show or a shop that has a lot of holsters and see what it fits in.

VIP Member
    These days it’s a bit of a rare dog but if you’re able to call the EAA folks in Florida, they may a have a line on some boutique maker in the area. I know that Ken Null is pretty amendable to custom projects at a fair price. He did some work for me in the past and it turned out fabulous. In fact, his website specifically mentions support for the CZ style of pistols/holsters. Anyway, good luck.

http://www.klnullholsters.com/

Regards, Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Rhome at Debiens Gun Leather does several models of holster for the Witness 9mm. I know because he made my holster for mine!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

SFC
    I'm having the same problem with finding the EAA Witness 4" Brl holster. Guess I will call IHL in Phoenix and have one made
    Life Member DAV, NRA Member AZR&PA, IDPA, USPSA

blade-tech.com has some.. I'm pretty sure and cz75 holster will also fit. I have the full size in .45 and I am pretty sure the compacts fit the same as well
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I use an ITAC-TS1 holster for my witness in IDPA. I dont know if you like the kydex paddle type but it works great for me. It was made for a Taurus but works great for my steel 9mm. Also found a holster by Comp-Tac made for an HK that fits really good IWB. There are options out there, just gotta try some trial and error.

Thumbs up Ken did mine

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    These days it’s a bit of a rare dog but if you’re able to call the EAA folks in Florida, they may a have a line on some boutique maker in the area. I know that Ken Null is pretty amendable to custom projects at a fair price. He did some work for me in the past and it turned out fabulous. In fact, his website specifically mentions support for the CZ style of pistols/holsters. Anyway, good luck.

K.L. Null Holsters Home Page

Regards, Dan
    Ken did mine, he did not have one in stock (a firearm to match), so I shipped mine to him (he is an FFL) and he made me one that is perfect. open top, leather (my pref) and snug enough that I can get it right out but I could not lose it in a handstand. I love it and recommend him.

Links