Springfield XD subcompact in CB Supertuck.....need some help. - Page 2

Springfield XD subcompact in CB Supertuck.....need some help.

This is a discussion on Springfield XD subcompact in CB Supertuck.....need some help. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; maddy345 what about driving a car with that Crossbreed setup in the pics? My seats wrap around the sides a bit making it very uncomfortable ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield XD subcompact in CB Supertuck.....need some help.

maddy345 what about driving a car with that Crossbreed setup in the pics? My seats wrap around the sides a bit making it very uncomfortable no matter what the position. Taking the pinky extension off helped a bit since it jabs into the seat back. For that matter I wouldn't mind hearing how you guys dealt with driving wearing any IWB rig.

Quote Originally Posted by 9c4me View Post
    maddy345 what about driving a car with that Crossbreed setup in the pics? My seats wrap around the sides a bit making it very uncomfortable no matter what the position. Taking the pinky extension off helped a bit since it jabs into the seat back. For that matter I wouldn't mind hearing how you guys dealt with driving wearing any IWB rig.
    That's where 3:00 is your friend. It doesn't get in the way of lifting something heavy and resting, say a large box, against your gut. And it doesn't get in the way of sitting down with your back against a wooden chair... or driving.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    That's where 3:00 is your friend. It doesn't get in the way of lifting something heavy and resting, say a large box, against your gut. And it doesn't get in the way of sitting down with your back against a wooden chair... or driving.
    I can never get my IWB to stay at 3:00. . . it migrates to about 3:30 or 4:00 on it's own every time. . . I've pretty much given up on forcing it to stay at 3:00.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I have the same build as you. The only way to "hide" that kind of bulge is to put something the same size on the other side so the deformation of your silhouette is symmetrical. That's it. There is NO holster that will effectively hide something the size of that gun on a lean build with non-baggy clothing while keeping your shirt tucked in. You are correct, however, in suggesting that it's more noticeable to you and your wife because you two already know it's there. This is one instance where the chubby guys have the advantage.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I can never get my IWB to stay at 3:00. . . it migrates to about 3:30 or 4:00 on it's own every time. . . I've pretty much given up on forcing it to stay at 3:00.
    I can barely slide my holster to get it just right without lifting both clips up onto my belt partially. If they are all the way down onto the waistband and snapped around the belt, they are uber tight and my holster isn't going anywhere.

I don't even notice it while I am driving. With the cant set high enough the grip barely touches the back of the seat. It is the same way with my P229 in a Milt Sparks VMII. The cant is set on both of my IWB holsters at about 15 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I have the same build as you. The only way to "hide" that kind of bulge is to put something the same size on the other side so the deformation of your silhouette is symmetrical. That's it. There is NO holster that will effectively hide something the size of that gun on a lean build with non-baggy clothing while keeping your shirt tucked in. You are correct, however, in suggesting that it's more noticeable to you and your wife because you two already know it's there. This is one instance where the chubby guys have the advantage.
    I believe you are right. I have found that with the front clip set on the top hole and the back (rear) clip set one below (third one from the bottom), I disappears pretty well in most all of my long sleeve and short sleeve t-shirts at about the 3:30 ish position.....somewhere around in there. That's with my shirt untucked. Tucked in, I haven't played with a lot, so I can't say how that would look yet. But this is about the best setting I have found for it and hides well this way.

I don't wear "bigger" T-shirts -- just longer ones. I order Longtail-T from Duluth Trading Company. They fit like regular sizes and are 3" longer. They even let you return them if they don't fit -- even after washing.

I feel bad for you skinny guys, I really do (actually Iím jealous). I donít have that problem, with a CBST my carry piece is pretty hard to see but I still need to wear baggier shirts than I might otherwise wear.

Thereís a huge difference for me between carrying my Kimber UCII and my Glock 19. I can tuck the shirt on the Kimber and it really isnít noticeable but the 19 in a Minotaur MTAC Holster really creates a noticeable budge. Part of this is the difference in the holsters and part is due to the ease with which one can conceal a 1911.

I carry at 3 or just a little bit forward of that, but Iím not nearly as slender as you guys. I also carry my mag directly across so thereís a little budge on that side to even things out. Right now the belt I have is one of Amish Belts from Hanks clothing, itís pretty heavy and I just havenít gotten around to getting a better belt.

You might also adjust the cant and how high or low it sits. I spent about the first 3 weeks of carrying adjusting the supertuck, I wasnít at all satisfied at first but when you find the place it works it all kind of comes together.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

I bought a 5.11 tactical belt the other day when I was in a local gun shop and its made a pretty big difference in the comfort of carrying. Can't do anything for the buldge of course, but I feel like I can walk around all day without having to pull up my pants or readjust that area the gun rides in anymore. It's probably not as good of a belt as some of the others that have been mentioned on the site but for $35 I'm pretty happy....... Its not a belt you would wear with a shirt tucked in though......not exactly the right look...

Its this one actually..... http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...1-12-Wide.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links