High Noon Holsters - "Ride Height"

This is a discussion on High Noon Holsters - "Ride Height" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I've been lurking, reading and learning for a few months while i waited for all the paperwork to go through for my permit ...

Thread: High Noon Holsters - "Ride Height"

High Noon Holsters - "Ride Height"

Hello all, I've been lurking, reading and learning for a few months while i waited for all the paperwork to go through for my permit (I live in CT). I just got it last week and as a reward for finishing some key milestones at work I'm going to reward myself with a HK P2000SK for my first pistol (likely soon followed by a Ruger Mark III to practice fundamentals and teach my fiance the same in a manageable "first gun" sort of way). The HK will be the gun that I will be looking to carry after a good deal of range time to get comfortable with the ergo's, function, etc. I will likely pick up some sort of 'beater holster to mess around with determining if i prefer IWB or OWB. Once i figure that out, I really like the look of the Highnoon "Slide Guard" and "Down Under". They appear to hold the pistol nice and high, keeping a good deal of the frame above the belt line (which I think i will prefer due to how i wear my shirts currently). Can anyone who owns their holsters confirm this for me?

Again, i can't stress how invaluable this site has been to someone who has shot long guns his entire life, but is making the entrance to the handgun world for the first time. Thank you for all the dialogue and information sharing .

2. Remove Ads

Both holsters utilize good quality leather and do what they are supposed to. One area you might want to research is height of holster related to arm length and type of belt to be used. Myself being short wasted with some-what short arms, holsters that ride "high" are very awkward to draw from, as the bend in my elbow puts my arm in a outside position which means that when I draw the gun is pointed towards my ribs. Also a holster that rides low without a sweat guard will stab you in the side or the blubber bubble. I have done so much research on holsters as I have an affinity to purchase guns where a quick easy buy is not to be had. I will offer my opinion on holsters for for HK. Crossbreed or the Minotaur is an excellent choice for an IWB carry as HK are not exactly small guns, these holsters distribute and are adjustable for height and cant. For OWB Black Hawk, Kramer, Sparks, and Galco offer excellent choices. High Noon are affordable but why waste the money if you are just going to toss them in a drawer; try on holsters at the place where you buy and purchase the holster that you will carry, save the money for ammunition to train with.

Administrator
    I have a side guard that I've had almost a year now with no issues. It carries my 228 very well. Here is the thing; The guys at High Noon are very easy to deal with and talk too. Call 'em up or email them with your questions or concerns. They will spend the couple of minutes with you to ensure you choose the correct holster for you. And they take it one step further... they have a very liberal return and customer satisfaction policy. You can't go wrong with High Noon IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have a slide guard for my 5" 1911's. It has a good portion of the firearm above the beltline, and with the cant, really isn't too hard to conceal. Pretty much if my shirts on me hung down to the level of the pockets on my jeans, it concealed my pistol.

They are a pretty solid deal, I am also a High Noon fan, they are my current go-to holster company.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Daveb413 just call, we have no problem answering and spending as much time on the phone as you need. We talk to new people all the time. Its tuff with all the options out there to really find out what job you want the holster to do and whats going to work for you. As sixto said, we have a great return policy, you could pick out 2 or 3 in stocks and try them to see whats workings for you. But call first, (shipping can get expensive) we will narrow it down for you so you can make an informed decision.

Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Cool

Give them a call as Alex said. They did a custom black Public Secret for my Glolck 23 before it became a stocking item and they could not have been nicer on the phone in helping me. I use their Mr. Softy for my SP-101 and their Pocket Grabber for my Diamondback. Great quality at a resonable price..
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I have the Highnoon "Slide Guard" holster and love it!!!

I got it in black leather and lined... and have no regrets... well built, stiff and after it broke in, it holds my firearm very well and is a great everyday carry holster.

I originally had a Crossbreed Quick-Clip holster (IWB), but it hurt when I sit in my truck and and office chair... and my dress slacks were not large enough to accomodate... but the OWB Highnoon holster rides high and tight and is easily concealable for everyday wearing!!!

I chose the SlideGuard for the following reasons:

1) Due to conceal-carry, you do not need a thumb break, the slidguard will hold your firearm securly even when you drop your pants to go to the bathroom.

2) The slide guard feature is great, in that it protects the firearm from rubbing against your body (due to being high and tight and canted in the FBI cant)... and keeps any moisture away from the gun as well.

3) I went for the black since it is concealed anyways, but my firearm is black and it just blends altogther... and I wear a black belt.

4) I went for leather as it is adurable product and no need for horse hide.

5) I went for "lined" for the extra protection of being my daily wear and carry holster and it is a synththetic material that resists moisture as well.

The only downside... the wait time to get it due to their popularity... but since owning it and weairing it everyday... I have no regrets and highly recommend.

I wear mine on my strong-side, at 3:00 to 3:30 high and tight as it is designed with a leather & polymer reinforced gun belt for extra ridgedness...and the "combintation" works great.... go order yourself a "lined" Slide-Guard holster today!!!!
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

I called High Noon and told him what i needed for carry on a motorcycle in the summer months with just a t-shirt for cover. He made me a fine lined holser that fit my Para perfect. No worrys about it coming out by accident. Well pleased.
    Semper Fi

I use my Highnoon SlideGuard belt holster on my motorcycle all the time... but then again, I wear a vest over my t-shirt to ensure the shirt does not "fly up" and expose my holster and firearm.
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

Well, most here already know that I am a big Fist holster fan.

But I have been educated by another holster company, and they advertise on this site...High Noon.

Yep, it's true...I have just recently received my High Noon Slice Guard holster for a Glock-26. I've only had it for a very short time and I will be giving a full report on it in the near future...still testing it at the present time.

First and foremost, I was surprised to see such a quality holster arrive at my door recently...from a company, High Noon, that I sort of regarded as a quick order 'one holster fits several guns' company. They have greatly surprised me.
    My Slice Guard holster is very well-made, quality leather, a perfect fit for my Glock-26, lined (a feature I didn't really appreciate until it arrived), and very comfortable.
    Yes, I still like Fist holsters, but High Noon's quality holsters, specifically the Slide Guard, is top notch in my book.

I will be posting a report with some pics about that new holster and the matching leather belt...soon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wife and I both have High Noon holsters for our baby Glocks. Comfortable and functional. Ride height seems to be optimal for us both with the baby Glocks. I seldom think of ride height considering IWB holsters anyway. There are some that are adjustable however. Consider most open top IWB holsters medium for the most part depending on your belt for retention. OWB holsters is where the ride height becomes more important for me and concealment.

Links