Holster search

This is a discussion on Holster search within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I am new to concealed carry and am really having a hard time finding a holster that fits my needs. Probably not the only ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster search

Holster search

Hi,
    I am new to concealed carry and am really having a hard time finding a holster that fits my needs. Probably not the only person here with this problem. I am looking for a holster for a S & W 642. I will carry this gun in my front pocket when possible so I feel I will need a good, affordable, pocket holster. Secondly, there will be times when my pockets just will not accommodate the revolver in a holster so I need another holster for those times. Now the problems. First with my waist there is no way I can wear an in waist holster without re-buying all new pants in a larger size. Not gonna happen. Secondly, about the only time I wear a belt is with jeans and I have not found a good affordable holster that will clip to my waist band rather than a belt. May not even be such an animal.

Hope some of you have faced the same problems and have found a solution you will share.

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Methinks that first you'll need to decide to start wearing a belt and then shop around for a high quality OWB holster.

Plenty of them here. I just wanted to say welcome to concealed carry! Good luck on the highway.

los
    Barami Hip Grips...
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Accept the belt.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

The SmartCarry holster at http://smartcarry.com/ is one way to carry concealed without needing a belt and without needing to buy new pants.

Another approach is a holster undershirt such as those by 5.11 Tactical, Kramer and others.

One could also use a fanny pack, or a gun-pack such as the Safepacker from http://www.thewilderness.com/
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Our clip is super strong, the only complaint we get is that its to strong and you can wear it without a belt BUT I would not do that as a regular thing, only in a pinch where you had no other option.

These are as thin as you can get so they may work without changing pants size.
    http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...are_asset.html
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_..._mr_softy.html
    http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_..._decision.html
    http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...dden_ally.html

Here is the pocket holster<o:p></o:p>
    http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_..._holsters.html

Justin<o:p></o:p>
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

The High Noon Bare asset is the best J-frame holster I have found, and it gets to you quick and at a fair price.

But you probably should get a belt.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

sgb
    Kramer leather has everything you need. Get a Belt.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I can vouch that High Noon Holsters are top quality leather products. I looked at a lot of pocket holsters, and settled on getting their Pocket Grabber model.

It works just as good as it looks. This is actually the very first holster that High Noon ever made for the Kahr PM9 with the Crimson Trace LaserGuard attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Kramer leather has everything you need. Get a Belt.

Well you better bring a big bag of money. Nothing wrong with Kramer and I own a bunch of leather from them but for the money, there is alot of leather/kydex out there there these days that offer more for the money. A basic cowhide owb cost $118 from Kramer. I think they are pricing themself too high. If you are going to spend that kind of money, i would buy a PMK from Milt Sparks at $92 for your J frame. Leather can get very expensive but there are so many makers out there to chose from. All i reccomend is buy a good gun belt. I also never wore a belt till i started CCW and now I wear one all the time even when I dont carry. Stay away from cheap crap like Fobus junk. You could try ankle carry??? I would reccomemd Don Hume stuff as a cheap place to start. Owb and iwb ~$30. Holsters get expensive,sometimes you spend more on your holsters than the actual firearm but the way I see it why buy a fancy new car only to park it in the ghetto. I see people with $1000+ handguns in $20 holsters

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum...

There really isn’t one holster for all occasions or even a few occasions, and you will end up with some winners and losers. I had a Milt Sparks PCH-R pocket holster but it never went into service. Noteworthy: It has an internal wire bead so you can bend and form-fit the holster to your own particular pants/thigh. The quality is excellent but I decided on a different carry.

Among my favorites is the Alessi Deep Cover, which incorporates a Talon slim-clip that is designed to attach directly to the inside waistband. The fit to my snub is excellent and I can easily put it on and remove it with the greatest of ease.

Products/All Other Holsters/PCH-R: http://www.miltsparks.com/
    Belt Holsters/Deep Cover: http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Does anyone have a pic handy of a snubbie in a Bare Asset? Or being worn?
    I'm in the market, too, for my new LCR, when T shirt weather comes.

VIP Member
    You're more lazy than I am, but here ya go. No, I couldn't find a revolver pic but this should give you an idea. Personally, a holster with an off-set clip would offer a slimmer posture for a revolver.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...are_asset.html
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

If you are absolutely against wearing a belt, which severely limits your concealed carry abilities, then check out Remora's No-Clip holster
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links