Belts, Belts, Belts.... Help

This is a discussion on Belts, Belts, Belts.... Help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all I am new here and to cc. Guess you could see that since this is my first post. I just received my Super ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belts, Belts, Belts.... Help

Question Belts, Belts, Belts.... Help

Hello all I am new here and to cc. Guess you could see that since this is my first post. I just received my Super Tuck today for my XD 9sc. While I am still waiting on my permit I have been doing alot of reading/research on various forums, and have realized that a good gun belt makes it a whole lot easier to carry everyday and easier to conceal. Since I am 5' 11" 165lbs I need all the help I can get.

I have looked at the Amish belts at hanksclothing.com, and like the price very much but worried about it only being a single layer.

Also have looked at the heavy duty belts(not the gun belts) at Tennessee holster co. http://www.tennesseeholstercompany.com/belts.htm. I think they are two layer but couldn't find any info on them.

Also have looked at the Cross Breed belts. They are also very nice and are made for carrying.

I like the THC belts cause they are at a good price. But I also believe you get what you pay for too. Anyone have one of these or a similarly priced/quality belt. At the time I can't pay $100 for a great custom belt.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the long post.

2. Remove Ads

DO NOT buy one of the thick Amish belts. They have no vertical support and turn to mush. Check out A&G belts...that's their specialty.
    http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I have belts from all the top leather makers (Del Fatti, Milt Sparks,Mitch Rosen,Belt man etc) and to tell you the truth, the belt I wear most is The 5 stitch Wilderness tactcal belt $45. These belts go good with jeans/Khaki/cargo pants. Wearing a suit does require nice leather but then you are looking at buying 1.25" belt. I remeber others mentioning how good the Wildnerness original instructor belt was and thought to myself how can this stupid $45 5-stich nylon belt be better than my $100+ belts?. I said what the hell and let me try one of these that people were talking about and i have never looked back.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I recommend you take a look at belts by 5.11 Tactical. They are awesome and not too pricey.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Don't care too much for the nylon belts. Need one belt that I can wear casually and is still half way dressy.

The advantage a gun belt has over a regular belt is, a gun belt can be worn like you would wear a regular belt tightened. A regular belt has to be cinched so tight to support the weight of the gun, you can hardly breath, and won't want to wear your gun because it's so uncomfortable.

All the ones listed on the post above are really good quality and would serve you well.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    I have one of the Amish belts and have been using it for about a year. It all depends what you are carrying as to whether it is good or not. It supports my S&W 642 and Taurus PT145Pro just fine, it is marginal on my G22 and does not work well for my G21 or 5" 1911.

A purpose-built gun belt is better, but as you noted, more expensive.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

hig789;

There's alot of good information - above and there are alot of good belt makers, out there that could do a fine job, for you.

Regardless who you use, make certain you get a dual layered quality gun belt that is glued and then sewn. You want a belt that is just shy of .25" (pant loops and holster slots) and you should be good to go.

Good luck in you quest and if we can help, just let us know.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hig789 View Post
    Don't care too much for the nylon belts. Need one belt that I can wear casually and is still half way dressy.
    5.11 Tactical sells nylon and leather belts. The leather belts are available in black or brown they are top quality and very elegant for casual or formal wear. I have one in brown they are very comfortable and top notch. I highly recommend them.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Check out A&G belts...that's their specialty.
    http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/
    I second A&G. It's a great belt, even if you aren't carrying. I just ordered my second. :)

I'd also recommend A&G Gun Leather. I have a 1.25 inch version for dress slacks and just ordered a 1.5 inch version for more casual wear.

Lindsay John Ross

Hi. I can make you any belt you wish in any thickness and width you prefer. Leather lined has always worked and lasted longer than suede lined in my opinion. Only solid brass buckles are used. You can have a look at my site ( is that in the rules?.... Im not sure ) but anyway its www.rosstudio.com Good luck Regards - Lindsay

VIP Member
    The love affair with gun belts has baffled mankind for decades and I too was once sucked into the culture. When I first received these works of art I was proud as a prom queen, but once the novelty wore off, they became just another belt.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

It is very hard to go wrong with one of these:

http://www.thebeltman.net/

I bought a "Quick Ship Belt" last year (due to unforeseen weight gain) and am still wearing it everyday. Outstanding quality, fast delivery, hard-wearing, classic looks, and it still looks great. It did not facilitate any weight loss though.

I have had a custom made belt from a very top maker, and it was nice at twice the price, but alas..................

I own one of the belts from Tennesseeholstercompany that you mentioned in your post. It is not the "gun belt" that he offers for 80.00 but the regular belt that he sells for less. It is an exceptionally good product, quite thick, and good looking. His "gun belt" is better for a heavy gun, but for a while I used the regular to carry a light weapon (Kahr P9) without any problems at all. I would suggest that you call and talk to either Larry or Isabel at tennesseeholster, as I think they will be very helpful. Good luck finding the right belt as it really makes a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links