LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win!

This is a discussion on LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good idea. Maybe someone here can answer my question, too. I was thinking of going with the offset clip as it's supposed to add less ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win!

Good idea. Maybe someone here can answer my question, too.
    I was thinking of going with the offset clip as it's supposed to add less bulk. So my question is, what's the trade-off? There must be some trade-off or every single clip holster would have an offset clip, no?

2. Remove Ads

Honestly I can't think of a downside.

Yeah, that's what he said (I think). I called him and half spoke to him (sounded like he was on a bad cell phone), then went online to order a holster with the offset clip. At least I think I ordered it. There wasn't a place enter my cc#... But I entered everything else.

+1 on the Mika pocket holsters. I have two, for an SP101 and an LCP. They conceal nicely, and also are easy for re-holstering safely. He is also very responsive and quick on deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLC View Post
    Send him an email, he'll get back to you fairly quickly that way too. I carry a P-11 in a minimal clip at 12:30-1:00, I work a desk job and don't have any discomfort at all. I also had him lower it until the grip barely touches the belt line. Great holster at a great price.
    What is fairly quickly? Relative to what?

Gottabkiddin, have you ordered yours yet?

I filled out the online form Friday night and it said something about getting back to me with a quote. No idea what that meant, since the price was on the website. I heard nothing, so sent an email early yesterday morning. Still waiting on that reply, too. Can someone here who has a Sideguard holster tell me how long the ordering process takes? Does the company send a confirmation?

I also originally contacted him on a Friday night, I received a reply on the following Monday (I wasn't expecting a reply during the weekend), after that it took about a day for each email, we had a pretty long e-conversation because I wanted some custom changes. The ordering process does take a couple of days, he'll email you to let you know what it's going to cost including shipping and to verify he's making exactly what you want. AFAIK it's a one man operation.

Thanks for the info, Richard. I've never ordered anything that has gone into five days without a reply.
    Maybe it will count towards the 6-8 week wait, lol.

I understand your concern. I will say I feel mine was worth the wait. I would suggest calling him.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    What is fairly quickly? Relative to what?

Gottabkiddin, have you ordered yours yet?

I filled out the online form Friday night and it said something about getting back to me with a quote. No idea what that meant, since the price was on the website. I heard nothing, so sent an email early yesterday morning. Still waiting on that reply, too. Can someone here who has a Sideguard holster tell me how long the ordering process takes? Does the company send a confirmation?
    No not yet. I'll probably get around to it in the next week or so though.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

hey guys,

i've ordered twice with side guard holsters and used the website form both times. after a day or possibly a few days, he responded with a paypal invoice and i logged in and paid for the holster. i also specified a few custom features (low riding in the belt and a 15 degree cant). it took about 7 weeks to arrive but it well worth the wait (and i hate waiting)! erik is a stand up guy and does great work. i've noticed that it usually does take a day or two for him to respond.

also, yes, those are the boot grips. i got the model with boot grips and XS big dot sight. i love both the grips and big dot sight!

It's all good. Family emergency I was told. He answered my second email today and my holster is ordered!
    Gonna be a long wait... darn near Spring...

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    It's all good. Family emergency I was told. He answered my second email today and my holster is ordered!
    Gonna be a long wait... darn near Spring...

"SPRING" Way to long for me... I'll keep shopping for a similar holster with a shorter lead time..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I hear ya. 6 weeks is a long time, but I figure I've had the snub this long before I even decided to look, so some of that is my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    "SPRING" Way to long for me... I'll keep shopping for a similar holster with a shorter lead time..
    I do have 150+ holsters already made in stock if your looking for something less custom I might have something for you.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I've used a Mika round cut for my 642 since early 2008. It splits time with a Nemesis holster (based on the pocket-shape of whatever pants I'm wearing that day. The Mika is fantastic.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links