LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win!

This is a discussion on LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just wanted to take a second and rave on the two best holsters i have for my LCR. both are incredibly well-crafted and somehow no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win!

LCR Holsters: Mika + Sideguard = Win-Win!

just wanted to take a second and rave on the two best holsters i have for my LCR. both are incredibly well-crafted and somehow no more than $35 each. i received my sideguard rig on christmas eve and it was a great present. here is the Sideguard Minimal Snap and the Rough Grab speed strip pouch:

i can't imagine a better IWB option for the LCR. so comfy and it completely disappears under a t-shirt (for real). the rough grab is excellent too.

and here's the mika pocket holster. i pocket carry most of the time when i have pants/shorts with big enough pockets. this holster just works the best and somehow hides the gun better than other pocket holsters i've tried. the mika holster also works great in my bag and in a coat pocket. love it.

erik and robert are pros. thanks for the great holsters, guys!

kb

2. Remove Ads

I would love to find something like that sideguard with an offset clip. For not $170...
    Good looking rig.

hey pacanis,

erik at sideguard is really easy to work with and he appears willing to customize the holsters for your needs. here's the quick clip with the steel clip instead of the snap. i went with the snap because it works well on the thick beltman belts. here's one of his holsters with the offset clip:

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckClip.htm

Certainly check out his minimal snap and clip. I just received a clip yesterday. I am wearing it today. Its too early to tell. So far so good. I am well pleased. It has an offset clip to help reduce the bulk. Far less than $170.00

Hey, thanks guys. That minimal clip is just what I've been wanting to try for my LCR. I don't know why I haven't run into this holster before. I like the way it's cut longer against the body, a lot I've seen aren't. That will work well in T shirt weather when it is against my skin. And some of the pics show the offset clip. I'll give him a buzz tomorrow.
    Much obliged.

Thanks for the info.... I just checked out the Side Guard site and I'm going to pick up one for my LCR. For $35, it looks hard to beat for a quality holster.

Thanks again.....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Gottab, any idea where you're going to carry yet? I meant to play around with my LCR today and haven't had a chance yet. I'm not sure if I want to go no cant so it works better appendix or get one with a cant and wear at my usual 3:00. I'll probably give them a call just to hash things around.

hey PAcanic,are those "boot grips" on your lcr? i haven't seen those grips on any of the lcr's i've looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    hey PAcanic,are those "boot grips" on your lcr? i haven't seen those grips on any of the lcr's i've looked at?
    looks like it. http://ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html the bottom one shows it as a factory option or however you want to say it. I don't recall having seen them on any of the LCRs when I bought mine either, but then again I went for the .357 flavor so that could be why

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    No. I had the gun shop owner swap out the boot grip for the tamer so I could have the XS sight, but the grip I liked better. I have a thread around here somewhere. I have no idea why Ruger only offers the XS sight with the boot grip.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Gottab, any idea where you're going to carry yet? I meant to play around with my LCR today and haven't had a chance yet. I'm not sure if I want to go no cant so it works better appendix or get one with a cant and wear at my usual 3:00. I'll probably give them a call just to hash things around.
    I always carry my LCR at about the 3:30 position. Sometimes I carry it in a shoulder rig, but only every once and awhile. IMO, the LCR at the 3 to 4 O'clock position is the most comfortable way for me, but I have carried it appendix carry in a belly band for short periods. Love the weight of this revolver! IMO, it's worth its weight in gold...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I always carry my LCR at about the 3:30 position. Sometimes I carry it in a shoulder rig, but only every once and awhile. IMO, the LCR at the 3 to 4 O'clock position is the most comfortable way for me, but I have carried it appendix carry in a belly band for short periods. Love the weight of this revolver! IMO, it's worth its weight in gold...
    The LCR is worth MORE than its weight in gold, lol.
    Thanks for the input. I was thinking about making this my summer gun and like I have mentioned before, I have to do a lot of bending at work where crouching is just too awkward. I was thinking of giving appendix carry a try. Maybe I'll get the zero cant since that will be more versatile. Hopefully I can give Sideguard a call tonight. Their hours and mine don't mesh very well.

I have one for my j frame that I carry in the appendix posistion. I like it because I had them lower it down untill the grip just barely touches my belt line. I find with it riding lower it doesnt bother me when I bend.

Good tip camsdaddy.
    I think I'll get my snub out now while I'm thinking about it and see where I might like to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    The LCR is worth MORE than its weight in gold, lol.
    Hopefully I can give Sideguard a call tonight. Their hours and mine don't mesh very well.
    Send him an email, he'll get back to you fairly quickly that way too. I carry a P-11 in a minimal clip at 12:30-1:00, I work a desk job and don't have any discomfort at all. I also had him lower it until the grip barely touches the belt line. Great holster at a great price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links