Does your gun "Snap" into your Comp-tac Mtac?

This is a discussion on Does your gun "Snap" into your Comp-tac Mtac? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got both the Crossbreed Supertuck and the Comp-tac MTAC. I prefer the MTAC better for comfort, but I don't like how I simply am ...

Thread: Does your gun "Snap" into your Comp-tac Mtac?

I've got both the Crossbreed Supertuck and the Comp-tac MTAC. I prefer the MTAC better for comfort, but I don't like how I simply am not getting that satisfying Kydex retention "Snap" when I insert or draw the gun. I've tried adjusting everything.

When I insert my Glock 30sf into the supertuck, it snaps into place with a nice retention. In the MTAC I feel like the retention comes more from the leather's friction than from the kydex holding the trigger guard.

Anyone else experience this? Is there anything I can do to make the draw feel more supertuck-like?

I'm not particularly familiar with the MTAC, but if it's got kydex similar to the Supertuck you can follow the same procedure that Crossbreed suggests. They suggest that if the retention is too much or not enough, you take a blow dryer on a medium heat and blow it on the kydex until it softens. Once that happens you can push it into the trigger guard just a bit more to make a tighter fit.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Is there anything I can do to make the draw feel more supertuck-like?
    Use a supertuck. Dose the MTAC hold the pistol tight? Why do you need a snap sound to feel secure? My MTAC holds my pistol very tight and it doesn't make a snap sound.

Mine never snapped into place in my MTAC, in fact I couldn't deploy my gun from holster because that little nub grabbed inside the trigger guard. I sanded it down, but that kydex is tearing the crap out of my parked finish, I'm going with all leather from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Use a supertuck. Dose the MTAC hold the pistol tight? Why do you need a snap sound to feel secure? My MTAC holds my pistol very tight and it doesn't make a snap sound.
    The M-Tac does hold the gun tight, but when re-holstering (something Ohioans have to do all the time due to CPZ) I like the tactile/auditory feedback of the snap. Lets me know the gun is parked in position and ready to go. Hard to describe, just a preference.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    The M-Tac does hold the gun tight, but when re-holstering (something Ohioans have to do all the time due to CPZ) I like the tactile/auditory feedback of the snap. Lets me know the gun is parked in position and ready to go. Hard to describe, just a preference.
    Sorry I can't help with the MTAC holster... I do have a CTAC and can say I know what you mean... it does "snap" into place. The CTAC is all kydex though.

Honestly I don't buy kydex anymore. I like leather holsters as they secure the pistol without relying on retention adjustments. One thing I like in particular is a good pancake style leather holster.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    ...that kydex is tearing the crap out of my parked finish, I'm going with all leather from now on.
    That's was my determination, too, after using the CBST.

My M-Tac does not "snap" but there is a noticable feel when it has hit home. I would describe it as a "click" feeling. It is not as noticable as the all kydex C-Tac. Try adjusting the retention a little. Mine is very secure. I've jogged, jumped, climbed, rolled around, etc in the yard and at parks with my 4 year old, and my pistol doesn't budge.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

My King-Tuks don't have that snap of a CB either. I know what you're talking about. It seems that holsters other than CB rely more on friction, which can make reholstering more difficult.

Nope the Mtac doesnt snap in. I didnt like the mtac model and sold mine right after I rec'd it. I much prefer the CTAC model which does snap in.

My MTAC doesn't "snap in" either but like others have said, it holds my gun tight and I haven't ever had any issues with it moving around on me. It's actually my favortie holster for one of my favorite guns(Glock 19). :)
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by wht06rado View Post
    My MTAC doesn't "snap in" either but like others have said, it holds my gun tight and I haven't ever had any issues with it moving around on me. It's actually my favortie holster for one of my favorite guns(Glock 19). :)
    Ditto, XD45Tact
    Keep your powder dry

yes-my XD
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

If you look closely at the different hybrid holsters, one of the makers doesn't fill in the ejection port on his form gun for molding the Kydex half shell. You will notice an ejection port indentation on the outside portion of the Kydex. Your gun clicks into place when the indentation meets the ejection port. Kydex can be tough on a pistols finish, especially if it's too tight.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

Mine doesn't "snap" in either but I definitely feel the front of the trigger guard go over the indention in the the kydex covering the trigger.

Links