Glock 23 users

This is a discussion on Glock 23 users within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my Glock 23 in Lobo Leather, about 2:30......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 23 users

I carry my Glock 23 in Lobo Leather, about 2:30...

VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

2. Remove Ads

MTAC, OS/Pro from HBE, or Canute from UBG would be my top three choices.

I've owed all three for different guns and loved each of them! (The MTAC was probably the most comfortable and tucking a shirt was an option but, it was the least refined.)

Jay

As others said:
    Crossbreed Supertuck
    CompTac MTAC

For me, I like Bianchi Carrylok for comfort

Pure Kustom will cover both your IWB and OWB needs wonderfully in one holster, actually saving you money over other top line leathercrafters. Check out the Black Ops Pro.
    http://www.purekustomholsters.com/
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I carry my G23 in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe and love it this is the most comfortable system I have found but it is a personal thing, I was lucky by getting the supertuck as my second holster or I would have spent alot of money looking for a perfect holster. Good luck in your search
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

Thanks for the help. I'll check them out.
    Skip

Crossbreed Supertuck (and my wife uses one too for her Glock 19, same frame as the 23)

Quote Originally Posted by rykers View Post
    Hi, I just got a new Glock 23 and need advice on which holster to get.
    What works for you? I want it to be as concealable as possible and also as comfortable at the same time. Tkanks Skip
    First off, welcome aboard! Second off, a holster search for that "just right one" is relitive at best. You'll end up with a drawer full after a bit of time.
    I carry a G23 daily.....here's a few that work for me:
    COMP-Tac : I have both the CTAC and MTAC models. Their tuckable IWB holsters. Great concealable holsters. The MTAC has the edge in confort due to the leather back.......especially in warmer weather. (CrossBreed's SuperTuck is another POPULAR choice) I also own their paddle holster....a wonderful holster for quick on/off situations. This is the one that gets the most use right now due to my going so many places that sidearms are 'forbidden'. I even own two of their gun belts, ABSOLUTLY a must (any quality gun belt) for carrying.....it'll make a world of diffrence.
    Comp-Tac is a great company with excellent customer service and fast turn-around time.

I alo have a 'custom' leather (OWB) pancake from K&D holsters (an eagle defender). Kevin does outstanding work and when I called him to discuss 'modifying it a bit to suit me, he made it to fit, perfectly. I LOVE this holster and it gets plenty of carry time all year.

In my drawer there's also a sholder rig for use during specific times....mainly when traveling/driving any 'real' distances. I won't bore you with looking that up.....
    I also have a grip of other holsters that don't see much any use anymore.......casulities of my finding a better/more comfortable holster for'whatever'.

Now, these are just a reference starting point. What works for one may not be 'right' for someone else. A search of this sites discussions on holsters for the G23/G19 will turn up enough material to keep you busy til June.

Good Luck and let us know what you get and your review of it/them. Info is always encouraged for others 'searching' for the next holster.
    Last edited by goldshellback; January 17th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    @ Orangevol. Those Don Hume's look nice.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I use a Galco Summer Comfort IWB and it is OK, but I might invest in a crossbreed soon!

I carry a Glock 22 (slightly larger) in OWB all leather Gould & Goodrich B29 G17 holster W thumb break. comfortable and to date has never been detected. Very tight and secure in 3 o clock good strong belt and a single button down shirt for cover. I work in an office and very close to lots of people every day meetings etc... no one knows at all.... If I need to tuck my shirt in and still carry I normally go with a 25 dollar belly band but it is not my pefered carry method at all.

For OWB I use a Don Hume H721, it's comfortable and carries the gun high and tight to the body. I recently bought a Crossbreed Supertuck and without reservation it's the most comfortable and concealable IWB I've ever used.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I have two Taqua holsters. One in tan and one in black. They are fairly inevpensive $50 but they have held up very well.
    Congrats on your G23. You'll love it even more if you trade out the serrated trigger for a smooth trigger.
    Last edited by ErnieNWillis; January 17th, 2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: misspelling

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    @ Orangevol. Those Don Hume's look nice.
    atctimmy...it's one of the most comfortable holsters that's available without special ordering. I bought mine for $35 from Jamie @ Rogue Elite, one of the DC sponsors here.
    Proud NRA member

OWB: Glock sport Holster (cheap and actually works well) or Bianchi 82 Carrylock (found used)

IWB: Kholster (like the crossbreed but cheaper and more adjustable... just doesnt look as nice. lol)

Buy the belt first!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links