Need new IWB revolver carry holster,, suggestions?

This is a discussion on Need new IWB revolver carry holster,, suggestions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently using Uncle Mikes IWB holster with my Taurus 650. Now having a problem with the plastic clip riding up the belt. Need something more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need new IWB revolver carry holster,, suggestions?

Need new IWB revolver carry holster,, suggestions?

Currently using Uncle Mikes IWB holster with my Taurus 650. Now having a problem with the plastic clip riding up the belt. Need something more solid. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum Blaze. I noticed that you didnt specify if you were looking for Kydex or leather and if you wanted a mass market holster maker ( not sure if thats the correct term) like DeSantis, Galco, Crossbreed etc or a Customer Holster. I think where you start looking would depend on your budget, how much are you willing to spend and also how long you are willing to wait ? Some of the custome holster makers can have a long waiting list. If you are looking for a custom holster and this is only my opinion, HBE Leatherworks ( www.hbeleatherworks.com ) makes a great holster, I dont believe his wait time is that long, Monica Kuehn Leather (www.monicakuehnleather.blogspot.com ), she does beautiful work, I'm not sure but I dont think she has an unreasonably long wait time either, Milt Sparks makes excellent holsters but they can get expensive and last I knew there was a 6 month wait. There are others but I have not dealt with them. Hope this helps.

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 57 View Post
    Currently using Uncle Mikes IWB holster with my Taurus 650. Now having a problem with the plastic clip riding up the belt. Need something more solid. Thanks
    Take a look at Don Hume or FIST holsters.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Ken Null's Undercover Special. The most comfortable,most concealable IWB I have used and I have several other makes in the holster drawer. Pricey, but darn well worth it. http://www.klnullholsters.com

Maybe a Galco Summer Special. I use one for my M&P 340. It is plenty sufficient and wont break the bank.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Tucker IWB leather holsters for revolvers ("heritage") are fantastic. I have one for my Ruger SP101-- looking forward to WI passing its CCW bill.

This will work, I have many them for both my revolvers and my semi's...
    http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1A.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I second the Fist holsters, had them for years, comfotable, solid and a good value for your dollar. I use the #2 with the iwb package this way you can carry iwb or owb

Thanks for the welcome and replies!!.. I'l start looking at these various holsters listed. Like I said its the plastic clip I'm having problems with I noticed the clip rode about halfway up my belt. I think this clip should either button over the belt or be made of spring steel to prevent. It never did this the first 4-5 months of carrying, only recently. It does this leaning over and loading/unloading heavy cumbersome items in my truck. One more question... does the Ruger Sp 101 use the same holster as the Taurus CIA 650? Its the 2" hammerless model.

No matter the brand name, look for features which contribute to concealment, security, and comfort.

Avoid clip attachments. They are usually placed over the cylinder which adds bulk and takes some away from concealment. Also most clips have no talon so the holsters will come out with the gun often enough that we banned them. So go with snap straps placed in front and behind the cylinder for both concealment and security.

Leather will be more comfortable than Kydex for IWB.

Reinforcement around the mouth will allow one hand re-holstering. And yes that does matter.

A thumb snap retainer is also important IMHO. While no one plans on falling or wrestling around on the ground, expect the unexpected. If it is there at least you have the option to use it.

Several good holster makers have already been recommended to you. So look over their offerings and prices. If you are looking for something between custom and mass produced, FIST offers a lot of bang for the buck and has a good selection of features.

I have several revolver IWB holsters that I like. The FIST #20 gets the most use.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

take a look at rick waltner holsters. I use his the most. Nice thing about this forum. We all have our favorites. Good luck on the search!
    Obama used "hope" and "change" to win the presidency.... Benjamin Franklin wrote in Poor Richard's Almanac, "He that lives upon Hope will die fasting." On change, John Adams wrote, "A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

VIP Member
    I bought a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster from a member here for my SP101. I think it's a great holster, even though it's all kydex. I also have a MTAC, Crossbreed and a K&D Laredo Defender and I can say the 2 o'clock is a close second to these custom holsters. Comp-Tac's turnaround is fairly quick, so this maybe a quick fix while you shop for custom leather.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

High Noon Mr. Softy for AIWB, bare asset for hip carry. I have vids of me working one with my 651 and LCR. It works GREAT and is lightweight, rugged, inexpensive and simple.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...are_asset.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._mr_softy.html

I have one of these on order.

http://www.alabamaholster.com/index.php?p=2_4

If that doesn't work, I'll probably try a Fist #1KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links