Just bought M&P40c....Now need a holster!

This is a discussion on Just bought M&P40c....Now need a holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally pulled the trigger on a M&P40c, and absolutely love it. Now I need to find a good holster to carry IWB. I've heard ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought M&P40c....Now need a holster!

I finally pulled the trigger on a M&P40c, and absolutely love it. Now I need to find a good holster to carry IWB. I've heard good things about the Crossbreed Supertucks and the Milt Sparks Holsters, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to wait 7-8 months for the Milt Sparks.

What are your recommendations fellow M&P owners?

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I have a Crossbreed ST for a Glock 23. The ST sure is comfortable. It just seems that shortly after I got my CBST that my pants started shrinking at a really fast rate. Later I went to a Fist OWB holster for a S&W M19 4" and really like the OWB carry.
    SCGunLover1

I use a Gould and Goodrich 810 for the Glock 27 (none available AFAIK for the .40c). It's an IWB and fits like a glove, looks great, and works well through the heat of an SC summer. Here's a link if you're interested. I found it by accident while holster shopping at my local gun shop and haven't regretted it since. Congratulations on your purchase; I love my .40c!

(P.S. What part of Cleveland? I'm a Lakewood native and a '77 graduate of LHS)
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    (P.S. What part of Cleveland? I'm a Lakewood native and a '77 graduate of LHS)
    I'm in the independence/brecksville area. I think I'm leaning toward the supertuck...based on the reviews I've read so far.

Congrats on the weapon, On the holster I've got a OWB Tagua, it's the middle of the road until my LGS gets their Galco shipments in for the new year. The holster hunt can take a while you almost need to find a LGS that you can take the weapon with you and try them out. Good luck with the IWB hunt The M&P'c
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

I carry a S&W M&P 9c every single day in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and will NEVER even contemplate changing holsters. Every gun I carry has a CB holster, it's simply the best holster IMO. It only took me 2 weeks to get my Supertuck for the M&P, and it fits my full size M&P as well as my buddy's M&P 45 in both compact and full size.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

I use a Galco King-Tuk for my M&P 9c and like it a lot. Less $ than a CB and no long wait. I have one for my P9, also.

Since you specifically asked only about IWB, I use and am happy with a Comptac MTAC.

I carry my M&P40c in two different Side Guard holster

The Slide OWB holster 75% of the time. http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TheSlide.htm

Double Clip IWB holster the other 25% of the time. http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/DblClip.htm

Here is a pic of my original prototype that I still use for my M&P40c. New ones are much better.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I use a Nick Matthews #1 IWB for my G26. I absolutely love it. It is very comfy for all day wear. The best part is it's custom leather and only takes about two weeks. I had mine in 12 days. It disapears under just about anything I wear and I do dot dress around my gun.
    http://www.nm-holsters.com/products
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    Since you specifically asked only about IWB, I use and am happy with a Comptac MTAC.
    +1 on the MTAC. I also have a TT Gunleather IWB Mikes Special, but you will have to wait 6 months for that one also. My M&P 9C rides well in both of these.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

Well i dont have an M&P yet but hope to soon. I carry my ruger p95 in a Super tuck. i would recommend it to anyone. the p95 is a pretty big weapon and most of the time i forget its there

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. It is the ugliest most comfortable holster EVER!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    +2 on the MTAC, carry my 40c at work in it daily, very comfortable.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links