Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action

Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action

This is a discussion on Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have gotten a few questions about this holster I posted a while back People have asked how comfortable it is and how easy it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action

  1. #1
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490

    Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action

    I have gotten a few questions about this holster I posted a while back




    People have asked how comfortable it is and how easy it is to tuck. It is one of my favorite ways to carry a sub-compact. I can't image it would be very comfortable with a full size gun though.

    It conceals better with a black belt and I do have one clip that I painted brown to match my brown belt but was too lazy to change it this morning. Plus I wore a jacket over this.

    Here are the pics of it tucked.




  2. #2
    Member Array whit42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Gilbert, Az.
    Posts
    30
    As long as you are satisfied with it, is all that matters. I guess because of my build, I just can't carry between 9:00 and 3:00 position. I have to go with 4:00 to 5:00
    Thanks for the pics, appears to do the job.

  3. #3
    Member Array Biggie313's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    125
    I tried that before with my SAXDSC. didnt work out too well. All my shirts trap close to my body and looks like a brick on my belt

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    How long does it take to deploy your weapon with one hand?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array TedBeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bay City
    Posts
    2,302
    I guess it must be my body type, (I'm not out of shape, round is a shape) but I can't apendix carry. It great as long as I don't have to sit down! When I try to sit the gun digs into my belly and into my groin. This is with a 2" barrel snub nose. I have to admit I haven't tried it with the Glock 27, but with a 3-1/2 barrel I don't see it working any better. I guess I could try it tonight with the glock, just to see.

  6. #6
    Member Array chivvalry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    454
    Get you a j-hook or some velcro and you can make that tell tale clip almost vanish.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,129
    Thanks for the pics.
    Just a thought, but if you were to thread your belt through your pants the opposite way, the excess would cover most of the clip.

  8. #8
    Member Array GotCBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    74
    The clip, to me, makes it super obvious. I have to tuck my shirt in for work so what I do is use a gerber tool carrier to cover the clip.

  9. #9
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490
    Guantes - One handed? Probably no longer that it would strong side carry with a cover garment. Tuckable holsters require a two hand draw to be fast and efficient. One to rip up the shirt and the other to draw.

    PAcanis - Great idea about threadign the belt the other way. I will definately do that next time. Today I wore a fleece vest as a cover garment so it didn't show but will definately reverse my belt threading.

    chivvlary - Many years ago I tried J hooks with velcro lined belts and they were a pain because the velcro would wear out after just a few weeks. This holster actually came with a J clip and I swapped it out for a spare Crossbreed clip. Just not a fan of the J clips.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,568
    Sorry, even with the patterned shirt, pic 3 looks like you've got an ostomy bag, if not a concealed weapon.

    I too, use tuckable concealment... it too, is obvious to the trained eye. Smartcarry or perhaps the cel pal are amongst the best "deep concealment" options I've seen that are accessible from normal positions (As opposed to an ankle holster). Pocket carry in a pocket holster designed to break up the outline of the weapon is also nearly perfect, except that it requires a "mouse gun."

    Drawing from beneath a cover garment is much faster than any deep concealment method, which is why I "untuck" and use my holster as a simple IWB when I am not "forced" to "deep conceal."

    Just to clarify, the average person is not going to notice, but many of us who carry, and have tried different methods of "deep concealment" where it CAN NOT show... have spent lots of time, money, and mirror time to see if something works. And we're so used to seeing bulges where they don't belong, that it's second nature to spot someone else making the same mistakes we do.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

  11. #11
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Sorry, even with the patterned shirt, pic 3 looks like you've got an ostomy bag, if not a concealed weapon.

    I too, use tuckable concealment... it too, is obvious to the trained eye. Smartcarry or perhaps the cel pal are amongst the best "deep concealment" options I've seen that are accessible from normal positions (As opposed to an ankle holster). Pocket carry in a pocket holster designed to break up the outline of the weapon is also nearly perfect, except that it requires a "mouse gun."

    Drawing from beneath a cover garment is much faster than any deep concealment method, which is why I "untuck" and use my holster as a simple IWB when I am not "forced" to "deep conceal."

    Just to clarify, the average person is not going to notice, but many of us who carry, and have tried different methods of "deep concealment" where it CAN NOT show... have spent lots of time, money, and mirror time to see if something works. And we're so used to seeing bulges where they don't belong, that it's second nature to spot someone else making the same mistakes we do.
    Sorry to dissapoint but in the pictures you are not seeing a bulge but the natural blousing of the shirt. Look at the clip on the holster and see how low it rides on the belt. It makes for a difficult draw but it certainly doesn't print.

    I was an LEO for 10 years and everything I learned about bulges in places where therte shouldn't be bulges was thrown out the window with the invention on the pager and then the cell phone.

    No one is going to tell me they can tell if a bulge is a weapon or not unless you can without a shadow of a doubt see the outline of the weapon.

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    Maddy,
    Just curious, do your circumstances necessitate tucked or do you just prefer it over iwb/owb with an over garment?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

  13. #13
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490
    Guantes - I actually rarely tuck this holster. As I said in the begining some people has PMed me asking about the holster so I posted some pictures of it in action. 95% of the time I carry a P229 in a Milt Sparks VMII. When I do use this holster I usually AIWB carry it but don't tuck it.

    Here is a pic showing how low this holster rides.


  14. #14
    GM
    GM is offline
    VIP Member Array GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,866
    Glad that you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Sorry to dissapoint but in the pictures you are not seeing a bulge but the natural blousing of the shirt. Look at the clip on the holster and see how low it rides on the belt. It makes for a difficult draw but it certainly doesn't print.
    In the third picture of the hidden gun, the angularity of the cloth immediately covering the weapon's magazine is where it is "visible"... I'll certainly agree it is subtle...but it's there.

    Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    I was an LEO for 10 years and everything I learned about bulges in places where therte shouldn't be bulges was thrown out the window with the invention on the pager and then the cell phone.
    Cell phones, PDA's usually aren't tucked under a shirt. But, under a cover garment of any kind, I agree 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    No one is going to tell me they can tell if a bulge is a weapon or not unless you can without a shadow of a doubt see the outline of the weapon.
    True enough.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Appendix carry 27 rounds in compact, tuckable package
    By maddy345 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
  2. Tuckable IWB appendix for a Glock 26
    By camsdaddy in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 27th, 2010, 11:30 PM
  3. Tuckable Appendix IWB for XD9 Sub-compact
    By maddy345 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 28th, 2009, 05:53 PM
  4. HBE Pro TL Tuckable - A very special holster! Lots of Pics!
    By TwinCarry in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
  5. D.M. Bullard Tuckable IWB Pics
    By Backlash in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 30th, 2009, 03:21 AM

Search tags for this page

aiwb carry
,
appendix carry tuckable holster
,

appendix holster

,
appendix holsters
,
appendix tuckable holster
,
best tuckable appendix carry holster
,
in-the-pants j-hook tuckable concealment holster
,
reverse cant holster
,
tuckable aiwb holster
,

tuckable appendix carry holster

,
tuckable appendix carry holsters
,

tuckable appendix holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.