Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action

This is a discussion on Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have gotten a few questions about this holster I posted a while back People have asked how comfortable it is and how easy it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my tuckable appendix holster in action

I have gotten a few questions about this holster I posted a while back

People have asked how comfortable it is and how easy it is to tuck. It is one of my favorite ways to carry a sub-compact. I can't image it would be very comfortable with a full size gun though.

It conceals better with a black belt and I do have one clip that I painted brown to match my brown belt but was too lazy to change it this morning. Plus I wore a jacket over this.

Here are the pics of it tucked.

As long as you are satisfied with it, is all that matters. I guess because of my build, I just can't carry between 9:00 and 3:00 position. I have to go with 4:00 to 5:00
    Thanks for the pics, appears to do the job.

I tried that before with my SAXDSC. didnt work out too well. All my shirts trap close to my body and looks like a brick on my belt

How long does it take to deploy your weapon with one hand?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I guess it must be my body type, (I'm not out of shape, round is a shape) but I can't apendix carry. It great as long as I don't have to sit down! When I try to sit the gun digs into my belly and into my groin. This is with a 2" barrel snub nose. I have to admit I haven't tried it with the Glock 27, but with a 3-1/2 barrel I don't see it working any better. I guess I could try it tonight with the glock, just to see.

Get you a j-hook or some velcro and you can make that tell tale clip almost vanish.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Thanks for the pics.
    Just a thought, but if you were to thread your belt through your pants the opposite way, the excess would cover most of the clip.

The clip, to me, makes it super obvious. I have to tuck my shirt in for work so what I do is use a gerber tool carrier to cover the clip.

Guantes - One handed? Probably no longer that it would strong side carry with a cover garment. Tuckable holsters require a two hand draw to be fast and efficient. One to rip up the shirt and the other to draw.

PAcanis - Great idea about threadign the belt the other way. I will definately do that next time. Today I wore a fleece vest as a cover garment so it didn't show but will definately reverse my belt threading.

chivvlary - Many years ago I tried J hooks with velcro lined belts and they were a pain because the velcro would wear out after just a few weeks. This holster actually came with a J clip and I swapped it out for a spare Crossbreed clip. Just not a fan of the J clips.

Sorry, even with the patterned shirt, pic 3 looks like you've got an ostomy bag, if not a concealed weapon.

I too, use tuckable concealment... it too, is obvious to the trained eye. Smartcarry or perhaps the cel pal are amongst the best "deep concealment" options I've seen that are accessible from normal positions (As opposed to an ankle holster). Pocket carry in a pocket holster designed to break up the outline of the weapon is also nearly perfect, except that it requires a "mouse gun."

Drawing from beneath a cover garment is much faster than any deep concealment method, which is why I "untuck" and use my holster as a simple IWB when I am not "forced" to "deep conceal."

Just to clarify, the average person is not going to notice, but many of us who carry, and have tried different methods of "deep concealment" where it CAN NOT show... have spent lots of time, money, and mirror time to see if something works. And we're so used to seeing bulges where they don't belong, that it's second nature to spot someone else making the same mistakes we do.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Sorry, even with the patterned shirt, pic 3 looks like you've got an ostomy bag, if not a concealed weapon.

I too, use tuckable concealment... it too, is obvious to the trained eye. Smartcarry or perhaps the cel pal are amongst the best "deep concealment" options I've seen that are accessible from normal positions (As opposed to an ankle holster). Pocket carry in a pocket holster designed to break up the outline of the weapon is also nearly perfect, except that it requires a "mouse gun."

Drawing from beneath a cover garment is much faster than any deep concealment method, which is why I "untuck" and use my holster as a simple IWB when I am not "forced" to "deep conceal."

Just to clarify, the average person is not going to notice, but many of us who carry, and have tried different methods of "deep concealment" where it CAN NOT show... have spent lots of time, money, and mirror time to see if something works. And we're so used to seeing bulges where they don't belong, that it's second nature to spot someone else making the same mistakes we do.
    Sorry to dissapoint but in the pictures you are not seeing a bulge but the natural blousing of the shirt. Look at the clip on the holster and see how low it rides on the belt. It makes for a difficult draw but it certainly doesn't print.

I was an LEO for 10 years and everything I learned about bulges in places where therte shouldn't be bulges was thrown out the window with the invention on the pager and then the cell phone.

No one is going to tell me they can tell if a bulge is a weapon or not unless you can without a shadow of a doubt see the outline of the weapon.

Maddy,
    Just curious, do your circumstances necessitate tucked or do you just prefer it over iwb/owb with an over garment?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Guantes - I actually rarely tuck this holster. As I said in the begining some people has PMed me asking about the holster so I posted some pictures of it in action. 95% of the time I carry a P229 in a Milt Sparks VMII. When I do use this holster I usually AIWB carry it but don't tuck it.

Here is a pic showing how low this holster rides.

GM
    Glad that you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Sorry to dissapoint but in the pictures you are not seeing a bulge but the natural blousing of the shirt. Look at the clip on the holster and see how low it rides on the belt. It makes for a difficult draw but it certainly doesn't print.
    In the third picture of the hidden gun, the angularity of the cloth immediately covering the weapon's magazine is where it is "visible"... I'll certainly agree it is subtle...but it's there.

I was an LEO for 10 years and everything I learned about bulges in places where therte shouldn't be bulges was thrown out the window with the invention on the pager and then the cell phone.
    Cell phones, PDA's usually aren't tucked under a shirt. But, under a cover garment of any kind, I agree 100%

No one is going to tell me they can tell if a bulge is a weapon or not unless you can without a shadow of a doubt see the outline of the weapon.
    True enough.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links