5.11 holster shirt ???

5.11 holster shirt ???

This is a discussion on 5.11 holster shirt ??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone using the 5.11 compression holster shirt? What is your opion of it? I'm not comfortable with an IWB and I use an OWB ...

Thread: 5.11 holster shirt ???

5.11 holster shirt ???

Is anyone using the 5.11 compression holster shirt? What is your opion of it? I'm not comfortable with an IWB and I use an OWB with a Kahr P9 when I wear a loose cover shirt. I'm looking for something to carry a LCP under a tucked dress shirt.
    Thanks
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    With light guns it's not to much of a problem. I did have some issues with comfort and printing with a G27, I think the printing problem was I was wearing a shirt that was a little to small for concealment. Carrying my LCP or LCR in it, I don't have any problems as they are much lighter then my G27. All and all its a viable way to carry concealed with a dress shirt, the shirt itself is comfortable but then again I wear compression shirts all the time at work and in the gym.

I use one. It would work real well for a small pistol like an LCP.

I usually stick my G23 in mine. I wouldn't bat an eye to stick the Kahr in it, either.

My only complaint is that it doesn't breathe well, it can get hot. I only use mine during the winter months.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sponsor
    I'll add a plus 1 for the first two comments.
    I don't wear mine often but it works extremely well for my P32 or 709. I actually use a couple safety pins to make the holster pocket smaller for the P32. An officer sized 1911 fits it nicely also. It was a bit scratchy until it had been washed 3 or 4 times.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I've used one while carrying my MK9 or P239.....definitely not going to beat anyone to the draw....but better than no gun at all..
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

(1) I almost always wear a tucked in polo shirt and khakis with no coat or vest, etc.

(2) I've found that the 5.11 holster undershirt and the SmartCarry groin-pouch holsters give me the best concealment.

(3) My Kahr CW9 (same size/shape as your Khar P9) fits very well and is secure in the holster shirt. My Springfield XD .45 ACP 4" service pistol barely fits and when I bend forward wants to slide out. So that gives you an idea of the size range that works well.

(4) Being a compression shirt it squeezes your torso, which might or not be uncomfortable for you. For me, particularly when sweaty, it can be a bear to get off because of how it clings.

(5) I find the seams scratchy; although after reading luvmy40's comment I'm going to wash it a few times and see if that goes away. Currently I have to wear an undershirt under it, which gets hot.

(6) Since the opening you draw through is around nipple level on the chest, you have to wear a shirt that's easy to raise high with your off hand (such as a stretchy polo shirt or a loose aloha shirt) or one that has snaps at chest level instead of buttons (such as the 5.11 tactical covert casual or Woolrich elite shirts (and don't western-wear/cowboy shirts often have snaps up the front?).
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I had a similar Kramer t-shirt holster. Hate that thing. It's more of a way to carry a gun than a holster. The draw is very very slow. I also got made by an unexpected hug.

Do yourself a favor, and get the Smartcarry and just carry your P9.

I use a Smartcarry every day in dress attire, with a G26 and a spare mag. I also carry a LCP as my secondary in my weak side pocket in a pocket holster from www.hiddenholsters.net - the #6 with the addition of a thumb push-off.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Usual carry - Ruger SP101 .357 DAO snub + LCR .38

Does it work as a gut-b-gone for us chubby guys?

Lol. "Spanx for CCW"

I've worn one quite a bit myself, and suggested one to my fiance for when she goes running. Once she actually gets her license of course. My biggest problem was how deep the pockets were. My M&P .40c sunk down pretty low, but that can be fixed with some stitching. Mine didn't bounce around too much the few times I actually ran in it, and with a lighter gun like my fiance's Kahr CW9 I can't imagine it'd be much of a problem at all. She's going to run with just the holster shirt and a light jacket over it, partly unzipped. With practice the draw really isn't that slow, especially in attire like she'll be wearing. I think it all depends on the application you're using it for.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I've used a similar "Concealment T" brand shirt with my P9 and been extremely happy with concealability. Also very comfortable, I forget I have gun on. Haven't had that pleasure with my IWB's.

Thanks everybody for the response. I'm going to order one to try out.
    NRA Endowment Member

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links