Carry Method

This is a discussion on Carry Method within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I prefer OWB carry when ever possible. But I would like to hear about your preference, IWB or OWB? Thanks...

View Poll Results: Carry Method Preference

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWB

120 67.42%
  • OWB

54 30.34%
  • Shoulder carry

4 2.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry Method

Carry Method

Hello

I prefer OWB carry when ever possible.
    But I would like to hear about your preference, IWB or OWB?
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Honestly....I carry OWB strong side pancake by a local custom maker...the vast majority of the time. I am quite confortable carrying there as I carried there for over 22 years as a cop. Occaisionally I carry IWB in the same spot (4 O'Clock) in a holster from the same guy. I am a big believer in your primary gun being in the same spot every time.

It will boil down to preference for you. If you choose to carry IWB, you have to purchase trousers a size larger than normal. Trust me on this...it will increase your comfort factor tremendously. Buying britches a little large will also assist in keeping concealed as they don't choke your waist and have a more natural fit around the front.

Once you get used to carrying IWB, you won't feel uncomfortable...I got used to it after a couple of hours when I first tried IWB carry. I "felt" the gun the whole first couple of hours. Now, I can put on an IWB shuck and not even notice it. I have carried a gun so long, I never notice I am carrying....I notice if I am NOT carrying for some stupid reason.

Not much to add. OWB three o'clock, pretty much always carried there. I don't care for IWB as I don't like sizing my pants to weapon carry.
    I also notice when I am not carrying, its like not wearing pants.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    OWB for me too. I tried IWB & liked it fine in my CBST but my pants started to shrink for one reason or another. I accused the wife of shrinking them in the washer / dryer. She took credit for feeding me too many good meals.
    SCGunLover1

I carry, 90% of the time, IWB.

It's mostly due to the fact that I'm short; therefore it's hard to find a shirt long enough to cover.

I'm quite comfortable carrying IWB, but I have started experimenting with OWB in cooler weather. But for my stature, IWB works best. YMMV
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I carry in a ST Deluxe almost 100% of the time.

"Golf", "t" , "beach" shirts and shorts are the common look around here; AND it's typically too HOT & Humid in SC to wear a jacket or vest. However, if we can get OC passed this year in SC, I'll most likely go to a OWB type holster.

Insidie the pants or in my pocket....when off duty.....
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I prefer OWB, to answer what the poll asked. I sometimes use IWB, to accommodate a specific cover garment. On rare occasions, I will use a shoulder rig, for comfort or better access in a specific environment. OWB or IWB also depends on the weapon itself. Slimmer and longer works better for me IWB than shorter and fatter. A 5" 1911 works better for me IWB than a SIG P229, and even a Colt Commander will jab me a bit in a certain spot, whereas a Government Model bridges over that spot and lays comfortably flat. Within reason, a longer-barreled revolver is more comfortable than a snubby built on the same frame.

OWB always.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

IWB @ 9:00, today I'll also have a BUG at right ankle.

CMR
    IWB for me, mainly a Don Hume Clip On. Easier to take on and off when entering PFZ buildings, like I do for work.

But today, I'm doing the OWB thing. Glock 22 in a DeSantis Mini Slide w/thumb break.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

OWB. Don't want to buy pants too big just to accommodate a holster. Don't like holsters inside the pants where they can pinch when I sit down. Don't like the gap in the belt line they create. I prefer OWB because my pants fit the way they were intended. My holster doesn't pinch me.
    I buy t-shirts on the large side so they cover pretty good.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

OWB 99% of the time. I carried IWB initially, but OWB to me is so much more comfortable. I just wear my shirts untucked.

IWB 75% of the time, and OWB 25% of the time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I voted IWB but I will from time to time use my Deep Concealment shoulder rig, mainly when I don't want to deal with trying to tuck my shirt in around the Crossbreed. It is very possible, but a hassle at times.

One day I want to travel somewhere I can OC, just to do it and say I've done it and I don't TX is going to have it any time soon.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links