New Glock 30 help with Concealed carry

This is a discussion on New Glock 30 help with Concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The single clip holster and that holster does not have much structure so you would feel every bump and lump. A structured pancake style holster ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Glock 30 help with Concealed carry

The single clip holster and that holster does not have much structure so you would feel every bump and lump. A structured pancake style holster would reduce the bulk of the gun and make it smoother against your body.

I do have one of my Double Clips RH in Bk 15 deg in stock if you want. Here is a pic of one that has a reinforced mouth the one I have in stock is not reinforced. The clip you see below is my new standard clip.

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/DblClip.htm

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdmd View Post
    Thanks for all the quick responses. It is the first time I've carried on my belt. Usually pocket carry LCP. I was using an N82 tactical holster on left hip, at about 8 o'clock. I bought LL bean jeans with adjustable waistband to carry which works well. The belt is just run of the mill black old navy belt. Jumpwing you are correct that it is an ache in my lower back. I also wear a suit and tie to work everyday. Do you guys think a shoulder holster would be a good idea?
    A shoulder holster could give you some neck/shoulder discomfort for a while until you adjust to it. No matter which way you go, there's going to be some adjusting to it. A shoulder holster is certainly a viable option, but you either have to keep the jacket on all the time or you have to work in a place where people won't freak if you take your jacket off and reveal a holstered gun.

I've been using a Crossbreed Supertuck all day every day for 2.5 years. Very comfortable holster, excellent customer service. No complaints.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Single clip IWB holsters can be painful. I've recently had to stop using IWB altogether, but when I still could, I always found myself coming back to the High Noon Split Decision. Ridiculously easy to put on/take off with a surpising amount of staying power wherever you put it. And the price was very right.

You might try a wide-body (two clip) IWB holster and discover the joy of the saying, "I forget I'm carrying"...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I can relate to the sore back, I get this sometimes too, I think it's the extra weight all offset to one side that causes it. One trick I use to lessen the effect is to carry spare mags and everything else I'm toting around with me in the weak side pockets, and that tends to balance out the weight.
    A good belt and holster, as mentioned many times all ready, will make a night and day difference.

I love the Wilderness Tactical belts, I even wear them when I'm not holster carrying as they've replaced my "normal" belts completely. It's the "infinite" adjust-ability that does it for me, and so far they seem to be quite durable.

Ericdmd, there's no need to be in pain. Carry the LCP until you can slowly figure out what gear and clothing combination works for you and the G30.

There's about a 22 ounce difference in these two pistols...that's quite a jump.

Take your time and work the different combo's for short periods until it all clicks.

Welcome to DC and God Bless.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Top notch gun belts
    www.thebeltman.net for dress or casual.

IWB 2 clip holsters

Crosbreed Supertuck www.crossbreedholsters.com
    MTAC Holster www.comp-tac.com
    Tucker Gunleather "The Answer+"Leather lined Kydex. www.tuckergunleather.com

Shoulder Holster (I recommend)
    Galco Miami Classic II (great for long trips or when in a suit.)
    www.usgalco.com

Alessi and Aker Leather make nice ones too.

YMMV my .02

High Noon Public Secret holster and Crossbreed 1 1/2" gunbelt with Glock-23. Quality leather on holster and belt. Heavy duty single clip on holster but it can be had with double belt loops.

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Going from a LCP to a G30 and its 10 rds of .45 is definitely noticeable. My back aches with or without a handgun; the gun makes little difference. The G30 does seem to get heavier as the day wears on, but so does anything else.

A shoulder holster is a great way to carry . . . as long as you don't remove your coat/jacket. Supertuck, Mtac, Kholster all make similar style IWBs that distribute the weight better than a narrow, single clip holster will. Position also will have an effect.

A good belt designed to support the weight of a handgun is important.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have the Fist # 7 for my G30. Feels real good. Only problem was a missed spot of dye which doesn't amount to a hill of beans as far as function goes.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ericdmd View Post
    Thanks for all the quick responses. It is the first time I've carried on my belt. Usually pocket carry LCP. I was using an N82 tactical holster on left hip, at about 8 o'clock. I bought LL bean jeans with adjustable waistband to carry which works well. The belt is just run of the mill black old navy belt. Jumpwing you are correct that it is an ache in my lower back. I also wear a suit and tie to work everyday. Do you guys think a shoulder holster would be a good idea?
    I kinda like the N82 ???? I carry a Glock 22 1:00 position with it (only when I must tuck other wise I go OWB at 3:30 with a cover shirt... I will say if your n82 is like mine it forms to you the longer your use it, not sure if they make mutiple styles or not mine is thin with a big soft body guard and only one clip the clip seperates to allow you to tuck in your shirt...

I carry my G30 in a Pro OP's Plus from Rocky at Pure Kustom's, very comfortable. Also check out Adam at Overland Gunleather great holster maker, great prices.

Crossbreed Supertuck, I've comfortably carried the G27, G20, even the big G24 in the same holster.

los
    I carry mine in a MIC .

Best position for quick deployment is in the appendix (strong or weak side). The MIC is not for everyone, but for me, it's the optimum set-up for my G30.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I started carrying mine in a crossbreed supertuck with a crossbreed gun belt which I thought was great. That is until I went to a milt sparks VM-2 and the difference is night and day. It conceals much better and is much more comfortable compared to the crossbreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links