Glock 26 IWB

This is a discussion on Glock 26 IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New to the forum. Bought a Glock 26 Sat. and looking for tuckable IWB with adjustible angle, any advice? Also, looking for opinion on small ...

Thread: Glock 26 IWB

Glock 26 IWB

New to the forum. Bought a Glock 26 Sat. and looking for tuckable IWB with adjustible angle, any advice? Also, looking for opinion on small of the back vs. 4 o'clock. Any advice would help.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Retention gets a little tricky with SOB. My G26 rides in a FIST #1A (slight cant) at about 4 o'clock.

Cool

Retention and comfort eliminate SOB for me. I carry a G-23 or G-19 in a High Noon Public Secret in appendix posistion for ease of access and concealability.
    photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I sit most of the day at work and worried about it digging into my leg. i have not tried so maybe it wont be a issue.

Welcome to the forum. I just don't find IWB comfortable, especially for sitting. OWB 3:00 Oclock is most comfortable when sitting.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    New to the forum. Bought a Glock 26 Sat. and looking for tuckable IWB with adjustible angle, any advice? Also, looking for opinion on small of the back vs. 4 o'clock. Any advice would help.
    Hey there,
    Congratulations on your new purchase! I am also the proud owner of a G26 and I prefer the 4 o'clock position as well. After a fair bit of research I decided on the crossbreed supertuck. My reasons were:
    a) lowest profile due to thin molded kydex and thin metal clips
    b) reported to be most comfortable IWB holster by many reviewers
    c) very easy to adjust cant position
    d) lots of clip options to experiment with (eg, v-clips for ultra concealment)

In my opinion the only downside to this holster, other than the inherent limitation of needing to wear a belt, is that it is not as pretty looking as some of the custom leather works holsters. However, if you want a really high quality pretty custom holster, it's going to be more expensive, have a longer wait time, not have quite as slim a profile, and nobodys going to see it IWB anyway. So I say get something very adjustable first, figure out what your actual preferences are...and if you decide you want a pretty looking custom OWB holster later you will already know what your preference on cant angle etc is (since you can't adjust it).

I suggest going onto youtube and looking for reviews of any holster before you buy it!

I also just ordered an alternative belly band to use as an IWB holster when I don't want to wear a belt. They are cheap, more versatile and ship instantly.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

I know how stupid this sounds.... SOB= Small of back??? or does it mean something else?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I know how stupid this sounds.... SOB= Small of back??? or does it mean something else?
    Yes, and the other term is what you say after you've worn it there for a while.

I am very happy with this:

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...y2_of_17-22-31

and it seems to meet your criteria. Ordered for my G26, and it fits: but, oddly, fits my G19 better even though Desantis offers a different item number for the G19. It is quite comfy as well.

CTAC is great for a Glock 26. Tuckable and cant is adjustable.

Welcome to the forum. My Galco Summer Comfort IWB works great for me year round. No angle adjustment though. However the angle it resides at my 4 oclock fits my body just right. Lots of options out there. You will find the best for you.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I suggest you look into the Crossbreed Supertuck or the Minotaur MTAC.

I wear my holsters IWB at 4 o'clock.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    Welcome to the forum. My Galco Summer Comfort IWB works great for me year round. No angle adjustment though. However the angle it resides at my 4 oclock fits my body just right. Lots of options out there. You will find the best for you.
    I use the same holster for my HK USP Compact and it is perfect for me as well. For my Walther P99 I use a Don Hume IWB Clip-on (open top).
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I am a fan of the MTAC. I have one fitted for the 9/40/357 slide. I can use it for my G26, G19, and even my G34.

Links