Do any tuckable holsters actually work?

This is a discussion on Do any tuckable holsters actually work? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pretty self explanatory per the title of the thread. Who has suggestions for a tuckable holster that works. It seems like the ones I have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pretty self explanatory per the title of the thread. Who has suggestions for a tuckable holster that works. It seems like the ones I have seen/tried before tend to have issues keeping the shirt tucked when doing anything besides just standing still.

Or, if they don't work the way they came, does anyone have an easy fixes that they have done to them, or tips and tricks that they know.

Pistol would be a Glock 36.

Thanks.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

High Noon's Split Decision and BladeTech's Ultimate IWB both worked great for me.

Absolutely worked as advertised.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I've had great experiences with my CTAC. I only use it when I'm tucking though. Usually I wear a MS VMII.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

CTAC for me has always been fine tucked in.

I have tucked successfully with a Crossbreed, MTAC and a Tucker The Answer.

A big part of this is blousing your short so there is a bit of loose clothing around your middle. It doesn't take much. I do this by reaching over my head after tucking. carry a G29 and a full size 1911. No issues.

My MTAC has always stayed tucked whenever I've tucked it in (the only time I really tested this was when I was in Florida where even a brief flash gun of your gets you in serious trouble).
    But it passed that test with flying colors, it's just the MTAC beats my 1911's parkerized finish to hell, but other than that I love it.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I have both Crossbreed and IWB #3 from Rhome--as long as the shirt tails are adequate--no problems--I have even done my chores (pitchforking hay to the cow and horses), bending over, pulling eggs out of the coop, etc, and have not had problems......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Sounds like you may have a long torso...The Silent Thunder IWB will actually slightly pinch your shirt between the holster and the clip when you tighten your belt, but if your shirts are too short, even that wont help much.
    Last edited by gimike; January 25th, 2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: correction
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

I can attest that the supertuck with a single-stack sig works great. I have to blouse the shirt or wear a relatively baggy shirt tucked to make it work, though. Ends up a pretty big lump if you wear it 3:00 tucked in -- much better for me at 4:30-ish.

I have one tuckable that works (out of three) it is called a c82 tatical, I got it at a gun show and it does work... the only other option I have found for tuck in carry is the 25 dollar belly band... for the most part I try not to tuck... there is no beating the comfort of a good OWB holster. my other tuckables I have do work but they either bunch up, stick out or come untucked if active, and therefore are in the drawer...

Crossbreed supertuck works great.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    My MTAC has always stayed tucked whenever I've tucked it in (the only time I really tested this was when I was in Florida where even a brief flash gun of your gets you in serious trouble).
    But it passed that test with flying colors, it's just the MTAC beats my 1911's parkerized finish to hell, but other than that I love it.
    Care to expound? I haven't found that to be true.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The problem might be shirts. If you have a long torso try a "Tall" shirt. I don't like to carry tucked. When I do I use a DeSantis Intruder. Shirt stays tucked. Gun stays hidden. I blouse the shirt enough to cover the kydex clips.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I carry tucked alot in the High Noon Split Decision. I can do a lot of sitting walking and bending without a problem. To the person that posted the idea of raising your hands above your head, thanks, that's a good idea. I ususually just pull up on the shirt waste line a little, but if you pull to much it doesn't look nice. The arm raise makes a lot of sense. To the OP, the point of the blousing of the shirt is only to conceal the gun grip better, but it sounds like your issue is the shirt not staying tucked. I really haven't run into this. I do tend to make sure my belt is cinched pretty tight to begin with though. If your lucky enough to have a build that allows you to wear jeans without a belt without your belly pushing the jeans down, or have nice wide hip bones then maybe you will need to buy longer shirts.

My Bladetech UCH works fine tucked in.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links