Sideguard Holsters

This is a discussion on Sideguard Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a High Slide from Side Guard for my Kahr P9. With my Side Guard Slide (OWB) I have a tendancy to show ...

Thread: Sideguard Holsters

Sideguard Holsters

I just ordered a High Slide from Side Guard for my Kahr P9. With my Side Guard Slide (OWB) I have a tendancy to show I am carrying if I reach for something more than shoulder high. Easy to do for me as I am around 5'5". Anyone have any experiance with the "High Slide" from Side Guard?

2. Remove Ads

I don't, but that holster caught my eye. I've been kicking around an OWB for my M&Ps. I'd love to hear how it works.

I have 2 of the High Slide Holsters from Side Gaurd Holsters.I really love these holsters,they are my favorite OWB holsters by far of all the ones I own.I have holsters from many custom makers,and ive never found one that fits,and holds the gun so high ,and tight before.Erik made one for my Glock 27,40 cal. and a mag pouch for it in Brown,a couple of years ago,for my EDC to work in.I have a small Lawn Care Service,and work outside all day in the South,where its really humid in the Summer time.I really sweat alot,and this holster has allways kept the sweat off my gun,and mags. Its important to me that my coustomers, dont see that Im carrying,because we all know that, all people dont see our right to carry,the same as we do.Im bending and streching all day,and ive never had anyone tell me I was carrying,I dont woory about it,because I know its too well hidden,up high under my t- shirt..About 6 months ago I bought a Springfeild EMP to add to my 1911 collestion,my first 3 inch. I called Erik at Side Gaurd, and he said he could make one for my EMP,no problem,and I should get it around Christmas time.I bought a Milt Sparks VMII and a Axiom om gun-holsters.com a ebay auction thing.I payed alot of money for these holsters because normanally, you have to wait atleast 6 months to have them made,but on ebay,if some sells or trades their gun before their holster is made and shipped to them.They can sell it new on there and get their money back,and then some :) lol ouch..You pay alot to skip the wait time.
    After I got the Milt Sparks Holsters shipped to me,I really didnt like the way the 3 inch fit the gun.I wish I had called Erik at sideguard,like I should have to start with,I just didnt want to wait, to have a good Custom Holster made.I knew how much I liked the one he made for my glock,and how after 2 years hardly showed any wear after wearing it daily,only the scuffs I had caused it to have.I decided to use a holster I had made for a Commander size 1911,till I could get my new one from Erik at Side Gaurd.It worked ok,but it really fit alitle loose.I didnt carry the EMP much after that,and kind of forgot about it.One day right before Christmas,Santa paid me a vist,dressed like the postman.Just like Erik said, here was my shiny new holster,I got it in black this time.Just like when I got my first one ,the gun really fit tight,I wrapped alitle wax paper around my gun,sluffed it into the holster,waited till the next morning, and it fit perfect.It was still tight,but not too tight,just right.I learned I hane more money,than patince,its better tio wait, to get the right thing to start with.Its perect for CCW because the bottom of the holster is right where the bottom of your belt is.A T-shirt works great in the summer,and the winter is no problem at all...
    It stays close to your body,holds its shape,and rides as high as your belt.Right after Christmas,I bought me a new (Talo Limited Addition) Colt Night Deffender 45 acp.1911,3 inch barrel,so now I can use my new holster,with this gun too.The next time I need a new holster,ill call Erik,because im sold on his, High Slide Holsters...

Heres a pic of my brown one for the Glock..

Heres the New one for the EMP,and my New Colt.Night Deffender.

Last edited by Tn Mitch; January 26th, 2011 at 11:50 PM.

Dont have the high slide but I do have a quick snap for my 442 and couldn't be happier!

Nice writeup, Mitch. And thanks for the pics. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by matdicdad View Post
    I just ordered a High Slide from Side Guard for my Kahr P9. With my Side Guard Slide (OWB) I have a tendancy to show I am carrying if I reach for something more than shoulder high. Easy to do for me as I am around 5'5". Anyone have any experiance with the "High Slide" from Side Guard?
    i just ordered a Slide holster from Erik for my Glock 30... i am sick of my pants being too tight with my CBST. i often wear long polo shirts or sweatshirts, so i am hoping not too much printing. I think people generally worry too much about printing anyways... the public in general is so preoccupied with their texting/cell phones, you could walk down the street naked and nobody would notice. good luck with your next holster. bunker

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    i just ordered a Slide holster from Erik for my Glock 30... i am sick of my pants being too tight with my CBST. i often wear long polo shirts or sweatshirts, so i am hoping not too much printing. I think people generally worry too much about printing anyways... the public in general is so preoccupied with their texting/cell phones, you could walk down the street naked and nobody would notice. good luck with your next holster. bunker
    LOL you right about people being caught up in texting and all that stuff.If you are trying to conceal anything smaller than a bazzooka under your shirt,people wont notice it..:) I added another pic above of me wearing the holster.I wear it at 4:00 right behind my hip.If you were standing right in front of me,and I had my t-shirt tucked in ,You wouldnt be able to see it until you got more to my left side..Thats without a cover shirt.with one you dont have that printing,because the but of the gun is on your back,riht around the corner from your hip and the holster is high and right up against you.Its the perfect spot for me..

Quote Originally Posted by BigJerm80 View Post
    Dont have the high slide but I do have a quick snap for my 442 and couldn't be happier!
    I have one of those too from Erik.IWB,I bought this one used on Ebay,its still got alot of miles left in it,iv had it for almost 3 years.I like to wear it to work in sometimes.just for a change up.

Thanks Tn Mitch your review makes me think I made a good choice.

I sometimes carry my M&P40c in the High Slide. I like it because it rides high under a short coat. A stiff gun belt is a must due to the top heavy configuration of the holster.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Thanks JAT40 I have a Beltman Belt that I guess I'll be wearing more often.

Administrator
    Free hint from Heloise... (General FYI) It's extra important to wear a good stiff gun belt for all holsters that position the firearm up high.

Thanks Heloise. Free hints always accepted.

drw
    I like mine, its my favorite holster.

I own 12-13 Sideguard slides - I'm ordered 2 more this evening for the Glock 27 that I just picked up -- they are all fantastic holsters.
    b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

Links