desantis park row...opinions?

This is a discussion on desantis park row...opinions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a black leather G26 OWB holster, to be worn in the 3-4 o'clock range. My priorities are #1 comfort, #2 concealment, #3 ...

Thread: desantis park row...opinions?

desantis park row...opinions?

I'm looking for a black leather G26 OWB holster, to be worn in the 3-4 o'clock range. My priorities are #1 comfort, #2 concealment, #3 looks (since its to be worn OWB).

Everyone seems to be selling high-rise holsters, I presume because it doesn't protrude under t-shirt? but then I suspect it may print more, so I'm not sure which would be better. I have a relatively small frame.

I would prefer some level of retention beyond just a tight fit, but don't want it to add to the bulkiness.

It seems that the DeSantis Park Row meets all my specifications perfectly. It appears to be made of a high quality leather, looks nice, looks like it has a nice cant angle, and is astonishingly cheap. The only potential downside I can think of is that it fits 1-3/4 belt but I would wear it in a 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 belt and I'm not sure if that would be too much 'play'.

Other than that, it seems pretty much perfect...However I'm a bit worried by the fact that I can't find a SINGLE review or even pics of this holster other than the manufacturers pic. It's odd because I feel like I've seen this in real life being worn by cops which would make me think its a pretty well used item. Am I wrong? Is there something I'm missing, some reason why nobody else uses this holster?
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

2. Remove Ads

DeSantis makes good stuff, and you'd be hard pressed to do better for the money. I use a Viper paddle rig for my Sig 220 and it keeps the gun snug to my hip... the Park Row looks even more compact. The Viper's thumb break is in the ideal location so I suspect the same wisdom was applied to the Park Row., and it really adds no bulk to the holster, just a bit of height. However, since the belt slots are 1-3/4" I wouldn't use a 1-1/4" belt - that's inviting trouble. Hopefully you already have a good, stiff purpose-made gun belt that will work. If not, check out the Beltman offerings - I think he's a sponsor for this site.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Hey, thanks for your input!
    I did some more thinking and ended up going for the DeSantis mini slide instead.
    It's basically the same except uses an adjustable tension screw instead of thumb break. I wasn't sure if the thumb break would potentially be difficult to deploy under stress and without being able to feel it by hand I just figured this was the safer option. Probably has more resale value if it doesn't work out of me since it seems nobody likes thumb breaks.
    As for a gun belt, I have ordered the Galco SB3. I hope it looks as classy as it does in the pictures :)
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Helps if you post a link and or a photo. Keeps people from having to go hunt a website and go looking for specific items.

A lot of people do not like a thumb break on their concealment holsters. So that is a factor to consider.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links