Defensive Carry banner

Black Ops Pro review - one year plus a couple of months …..

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  fastk9dad 
#1 ·
Original Review

Originally, I planned to write this review to coincide with the first anniversary of receiving my Black Ops Pro holster but having just gone back to work after being out for twenty-two months I decided to postpone it until I had a little more time.

The holster arrived on October 30, 2009 and would ultimately replace my then current edc holster, not that anything was wrong with my current holster just that the Black Ops Pro concealed better and was much more comfortable.

I never leave home without it and outside of a couple of scratches, I managed to add, the leather is still stiff, retention is excellent and still comfortable as hell.

In addition to purchasing a Black Ops Pro for my wife, I picked up set of the snap loops and a double mag pouch. The loops work as well as the regular loops with the added advantage of being able to disarm without the worry of loosing my pants and scaring some one to death plus the mag pouch is just as comfortable as the holster.

Besides the artisanship the other thing that keeps me going back is Rocky’s customer service, before, during and after the sale is top notch if every one conducted business in the manner Rocky does the world would be a better place.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had mine about a year, and still wear it everyday, still as good as the day I got it. Rocky, thanks for your dedication and for making a very, very good holster.

#3 ·
I've had mine for a little over 9 months now and have been remiss in writing my own review, but I agree with all you've written. I only wear mine on weekends usually, it still looks perfect, is still hard and holding it's shape and has positive retention. I also got a pair of the Black Ops Pro Plus snaps with I like very much. They do ad a little bulk around the waste line so if I'm going to be wearing a t-shirt as cover I'll usually switch back to the original loops. The Black Ops Plus snap loops would eliminate the bulk but you loose some of the adjustability of the Pro loops, although I may try these on my next holster. I also turned my screws around backwards that allows me to get them on and off a little quicker.

My only issue, and it's a self created one, is the way I have my loops adjusted on the holster I unfortunately can't really utilize the tuckability of them since there isn't much depth to fit a shirt in (I'm short so I usually have a lot of shirt to tuck).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.