Comp-Tac C-clips

Comp-Tac C-clips

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac C-clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just volunteering some information that may benefit somebody searching Comp-Tac Holsters. Order the holster with C-clips. I had issues with the standard clips dis-engaging from ...

Thread: Comp-Tac C-clips

Comp-Tac C-clips

Just volunteering some information that may benefit somebody searching Comp-Tac Holsters. Order the holster with C-clips.

I had issues with the standard clips dis-engaging from my belt and the holster riding up my side. A firearm instructor mentioned he had the same issue and recommended the C-clips. That was spot on good advice, the C-clips have more of a pronounced lip and grasp the belt very tightly. I couldn't be happier with the holster

+1 on the C-clips. I had problems when sitting down on the john the regular clips would pop off my belt since switching to the c-clip no problems
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Now that's kinda funny.....I have the exact oppisite issue. I can't keep those c-clips in place but the standards have always worked perfectly.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Now that's kinda funny.....I have the exact opposite issue. I can't keep those c-clips in place but the standards have always worked perfectly.
    I actually replaced the standard clips on my CrossBreed with the standard Comp-Tac clips for the same reason, I find they grasp my belt better, more adjustable and are less noticeable.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Attached is a picture comparing the two

For me, and I'm just one person with an opinion, the more defined bottom lip on the C-clip works very well. The standard kept dis-engaging from my belt. To those researching Comp-Tac holsters, hopefully the picture will be helpful.

I've been happy with the standards so far. Hopefully the clips won't get much weaker and loosen over time..

With the C clips, do you have to route the belt through the "C"? One thing i like about the standard clip is i can just push it and it "snaps" in place. I also got a carry belt from Comp Tac. For those who had problems, was it with a carry belt?

Well, I have the older C-clips that don't have that lil' lip on the top to hold the belt in place. THAT might have somthing to do with it.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I was thinking that either the j clip or the c clips would work better, because then the belt is getting cinched against both the clip and the holster, versus just the holster with the clip outside of the force of the belt tightening, thus providing even more support.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Sponsored Links