"Breakin in", Brommeland

This is a discussion on "Breakin in", Brommeland within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We gun people surely know how to turn it up a notch (with Volume), when it comes to feeding our fine investments, wouldn't you agree ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Breakin in", Brommeland

"Breakin in", Brommeland

We gun people surely know how to turn it up a notch (with Volume), when it comes to feeding our fine investments, wouldn't you agree Mr. Brommeland? Here's a pic or two of my New additions in the "Breaking In" process. Thanks Gary and Remy for the fine craftsmanship!!
    Attached Images
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Thumbs up Beautiful Leather !

Don't use the Waxed Paper that you had your bologna sandwich wrapped in!
    Tear off a fresh sheet.

Think Gary B. knows what he's doing when it comes to making Deluxe Leather Gun Diapers?

Beautiful Holster & Accessory Leather!
    Congratulations on your Finest Gunleather Purchase ~ wear it in good health.

Great looking holster Gary does Fine work

JD
    Administrator
    Does the wax paper really work well for protecting finishes?

I've gotta stop reading these threads! They only make me start pining for the day in the distant future when MY Max Con V gets here!

Great lookin' rig!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0
    Does the wax paper really work well for protecting finishes?
    It seems just fine, but you would have to ask Gary Brommeland about that. In my own view a little holster wear on your weapon just adds personality.
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Howdy!
    The wax paper does nothing to protect the finish of your firearm - it is intended to speed up the breaking in process of the holster.
    An old guy told me something long ago about carry guns - his advice was to take whatever gun you're gonna carry and throw it across a gravel parking lot a couple of times. (The idea being that you should not worry about a carry gun's finish, because whatever you do to protect it, it will still show wear over time.)
    While I think that his advice was a bit extreme, the truth is that you carry a gun to protect you - not the gun. If you want to protect the gun, then keep it in the safe. Carry weapons will get dinged up, and that is a simple fact of life.
    We do have the flesh side of our leather pasted in order to minimize "holster wear" as much as possible, but you are going to get wear on anything that you carry, in any type of holster. This is one of those things that ya just gotta come to terms with.
    I don't know if I've helped you or not. Please give us a call if you have any further questions. Good luck!

JD
    Administrator

Holster wear

Quote Originally Posted by gunsavey
    It seems just fine, but you would have to ask Gary Brommeland about that. In my own view a little holster wear on your weapon just adds personality.

On older weapons I agree, my first colt(see my photos) has a LOT of character, it was someones EDC for about 30 years before I found it.

It's not that I'm "Affraid" to ding up my carry gun, I know perfectly well that carry wear happens, one of my former Paras was thourghly beaten up after only 1 year. Wear happens. I was just wondering what the purpose of the wax paper was.

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0
    On older weapons I agree, my first colt(see my photos) has a LOT of character, it was someones EDC for about 30 years before I found it.

It's not that I'm "Affraid" to ding up my carry gun, I know perfectly well that carry wear happens, one of my former Paras was thourghly beaten up after only 1 year. Wear happens. I was just wondering what the purpose of the wax paper was.

The wax paper expands the external dimensions of the firearm slightly without changing the gun's profile. This serves to ever so slightly stretch the holster out to the point in which a perfect fit to your particular firearm is achieved. A secondary benefit is that it also deposits a little bit of wax inside the holster, which slicks up the draw.
    Here's a link to my "care and feeding" page, which explains the process in more detail:

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/care.htm

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    The wax paper expands the external dimensions of the firearm slightly without changing the gun's profile. This serves to ever so slightly stretch the holster out to the point in which a perfect fit to your particular firearm is achieved. A secondary benefit is that it also deposits a little bit of wax inside the holster, which slicks up the draw.
    Here's a link to my "care and feeding" page, which explains the process in more detail:

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/care.htm

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle, thanks for the excellent insight.

Assistant Administrator
    More holster eye candy - does the torture never stop !!

Lovely work
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Don't use the Waxed Paper that you had your bologna sandwich wrapped in!
    Tear off a fresh sheet.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

My MaxConV just keeps getting better. I've had it for about a month now and it is conforming to my shape very nicely. You just can't get this kind of comfort from kydex.
    I am also amazed that such thin leather is able to hold its shape perfectly and give a super fast draw. It even gives a similar "locked in" feeling that kydex holsters give when the pistol is fully seated while re-holstering.
    All this and a price that just can't be beat. If you haven't already, get yourself one of these holsters!!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13
    I've gotta stop reading these threads! They only make me start pining for the day in the distant future when MY Max Con V gets here!

Great looking' rig!
    I am right there with you buddy, I have two in the works one for a XD9 and one for Glock 27, the more post I read the harder waiting gets. I am like a kid a few days before Christmas.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by country85
    I am right there with you buddy, I have two in the works one for a XD9 and one for Glock 27, the more post I read the harder waiting gets. I am like a kid a few days before Christmas.
    Jingle bells, I like Cristmas anytime of the year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links