Pocket Holster

This is a discussion on Pocket Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any recommendations on a pocket holster for a J-frame, 5 shot, 2 inch, .357? I recently purchased a WRB front pocket nylon with rubber exterior ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Holster

Pocket Holster

Any recommendations on a pocket holster for a J-frame, 5 shot, 2 inch, .357?

I recently purchased a WRB front pocket nylon with rubber exterior holster at a gun show ($20.00). The rubber exterior keeps the holster in the pocket when drawing your handgun. I like it except for the fact that when it’s in my pocket it looks like a gun!

Thanks for your input…
    Last edited by YloMagna94; July 16th, 2006 at 01:45 PM.

2. Remove Ads

sure... DeSantis Nemesis
    I bought mine on ebay for $13 plus shipping.
    The inside of the holster is tincloth for ease of gun removal.
    The outside of the holster is a crossweave material and it stays hidden in my pocket and doesn't let the gun print. It also won't slip easily of place from your pocket to reveal itself.

JD
    Administrator
    I also prefer the Nemeis, I carried my Kahr PM40 in it and it worked flawlessly.

VIP Member
    I can give you two great sources. The first one I use for my Hi Standard derringer. These ship very quickly because the maker only makes pocket holsters.

http://www.pocketholsters.com/index.html

The second source made the holster I carry my Kel-Tec P32 in 7 days a week. You will likely wait 12 weeks or so for the holster and when you get it you will decide it was worth the wait.

http://www.kdholsters.com/

During the time I was waiting for my K&D I carried my Kel-Tec in a DeSantis Nemesis like Art mentioned. It worked very well for what it was - a temporary. The K&D is a permanent solution.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

For me...the nemesis is a front pocket holster. It is a permanent solution.
    I have a holster like Georges' except its for my mustang.
    Like Georges', it is made by K&D.
    Like he said...its a permanent solution. This holster is designed for the back pocket.

Pocket Holster

I use a Mika's pocket holster with a j-frame Taurus .357, mdl 605 CH, SS and it is great and does not print in my pockets. cost of under 20.00 last year plus shipping email at or call (608) 627-1152.http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
    Last edited by junkman6970; July 16th, 2006 at 08:05 PM.

Pocket holster

I favor the DeSantis Nemesis:

http://www.desantisholster.com/n38.html

I use it from my "J" Frame 357, Kahr CW-9, and KEL-TEC P3-AT when I carry them. Works well with all of them. The 357 carries with "HARDLY NO" print in my front right pocket of my cargo shorts. Lots of times in the winter I just drop the 357 in my coat pocket. I don't think it prints there at all.

Love to say this: Good bang for the buck.
    Mark
    SC CWP Instructor
    NC CCH Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor

Another vote here for the Mika's pocket holster, which I have for a S&W 642. At $16 it's a great value; plus he fills his orders within a couple of days, so the service is great!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artz
    For me...the nemesis is a front pocket holster. It is a permanent solution.
    I have a holster like Georges' except its for my mustang.
    Like Georges', it is made by K&D.
    Like he said...its a permanent solution. This holster is designed for the back pocket.
    Art, I occasionally carry my K&D in the back pocket, but 49 out of 50 times it is in the front pocket of my Dockers or jeans. I bought the 2in1 so that I could remove the print panel. Without the panel it is very comfortable in the front pocket and because of the shape does not print.

I have worn the holster with the print panel in the front pocket as well. I carried it that way this morning. I usually carry it this way with dress pants which are of a thinner material than Dockers or jeans. With the panel on the pistol and holster are kept from printing and what shows in the pocket is a square shape that looks like I have my wallet in my front pocket.

I cannot complain about the Nemesis. It is definitely the best pocket holster out there in its price range.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

thanx George....
    Well YloMagna94... in the area of $55 (includes shipping), you can have a custom made leather holster, which is a 2 in 1 design for the front and rear pocket of your fav jeans, coat, etc. Best of all...its made by Kevin of K&D holsters, who is a member of this forum and his customer satisfaction is nothing less than stellar. Heres the link...
    http://www.kdholsters.com/

Arthur

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    I had DeSantis Nemesis, and it was great.

You might also try Milt Sparks. I have one that I use for both my Kahr P45 and Kahr PM9 and it is the best pocket holster I've ever had.

And I've had a LOT...........

I use a Mika holster for my Taurus 85 and a K&D for my P3-AT. Both work great for each gun. The K7D really is a great looking holster, but the Mika just just as good a job for less money and time. It does not print like a gun at all.

+1 for the Mika. It has a soft, comfortable exterior though holds it's opening for easy reholstering. It stays put on drawing, doesn't shift around and no gun print. The leather material doesn't let moisture get to the gun. Best of all, the service and turnaround are excellent.

Pocket Holster

The Nemesis did not work for me. My J frame kept slipping out of the holster. The nemesis would stay in my pocket, but gun on the floor many times. I called Lighting Arms and bought a PCS pocket Holster with the French Cut. Hold the J Frame and stays put. I threw the nemesis in the junk drawer and have never looked back.

Irighti
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength. Industry and determination can do anything that genius and advantage can do, and many things that they cannot" TR

Thanks for the input, all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links