Defensive Carry banner

New Milt Sparks VMII with Kimber CDP II !

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  AZ Husker 
#1 ·
Here it is! Had to wait a few days for my new VMII to come in (horrible wait right? haha!) I found this one on topgunsupply.com and managed to snag it before anyone else did. Sure beats a 9 month waiting period!

See less See more
#2 ·
Amazing gun and fantastic holster...congratulations!!!!! Please update us after a few weeks of carrying them to know how it feels.

#3 ·
So far I absolutely love it. Hides so much better than my XD40 subcompact did even with a crossbreed supertuck. The "negative" so far is the holster (with a galco belt) pulls it in so close that the rough grips on the CDP are a little uncomfortable. Have some smooth black alumagrips on the way which should solve that (have also dropped 20lbs so far this year...and more to go, which will also help...haha). I was also thinking of replacing the ambi safety with a one sided, but after wearing the VMII, the detail in the holster is so awesome, the ambi safety cannot be disengaged while I'm wearing it. There is a little groove molded into the holster that lines up with the safety perfectly and doesn't allow it to budge if I were to bump into something and hit the right side of the safety (or even attempt to click off the safety with my hand for that matter).

#4 ·
Just wanted to give an update now that I have my new grips from Alumagrips. First off I want to say that Chris offers the best customer service I've ever seen when dealing with a company. There was a little mixup at first with my order but he straightened it out with no problems whatsoever. I went with the regular width (have large hands), smooth, black grips they offer with the tangless ambi safety feature. I love them. They don't rub at all when I'm carrying like the original wood checkered grips did. These grips combined with the new VMII make carrying so much more comfortable. I'm wearing a polo golf shirt today and have no printing whatsoever. I think the smooth black grips really set off the CDP as well :)

#9 ·
In the words of Hmer Simpson "Must....buy...1911.....mmmmmmmmmmmm 1911"

I have been bitten by the 1911 bug-beautiful rig.

#11 ·
Well, I called Sparks after I posted and asked why the design change. They are doing it only on the very short barreled guns for additional stability. The extra flap of leather below the muzzle does what a longer muzzle already accomplishes...keeping the grip from flopping over the belt and keeps it tight to the side. Brommeland has been making a large flap for years, and it is one of the most comfortable holsters in existence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.