How Do you conceal carry your G23?

This is a discussion on How Do you conceal carry your G23? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I switch back and forth from G27 to G23. G27 conceals and carries like you forget it's there w Don Hume 715 IWB. The G23, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I switch back and forth from G27 to G23. G27 conceals and carries like you forget it's there w Don Hume 715 IWB.
    The G23, I have to adjust it alot trying to find the no print spot. Any suggestions? It conceals in my Stoner IWB w/bodyshield and clip but grip prints w/T shirt when bending and moving etc. Have to carry appendix or wear loose button down over T. I love to carry both. G23 usually stays in truck all day and goes w/me whenver I go into the store etc. Need to hide it alittle better.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Cool

Appedix carry in a High Noon Public Secret holster.
    photo.jpgphoto.jpgP04100419.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Cool

Nice pics and thanks old school,I'm 55 so I qualify for old school also, lol!
    I have a stoner IWB leather holster w/sweatshield and looks like yours without retention adj.
    I'll ck high noon out, thanks again. My son and i both have G23,his is 3rd mine is 2nd gen. I am carrying my G27 as I type. Just love glocks!!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Cool

P01094610.jpgI got ya by 10 years biker so I can understand the need for comfort along with concealability. I wear alot of dark colors as I find they help with not printing like a white t-shirt does. Tommy Bahama island prints also conceal well.

P26100833.jpg

G-23 G-36 G-19

All carried in same style holster in appendix posistion. I do carry the Hi-Power on occassion in the same manner but in a Bianchi Professional holster.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I have found that simply having some good upper body build, along with a relatively reduced waistline, goes a long way towards concealing a handgun. This scenario allows for better draping of the garment and a lot less clinging of the garment to the handgun. It also helps you to better dominate your personal space and prevent a lot of "bumping" that could reveal that you are armed.

My G23 rides on me between my 3:30 to 4:30 position.....in either an IWB or OWB holster. Obviously a quality, comfortable IWB holster will 'hide' it better, but a good OWB holster that your G23 sits a little 'higher' in and holdes it tight to your body will work just as well. I don't like appendix carry so I can't really help ya there. I have both CTAC and MTAC holsters that I love and hides my G23 extreemly well.

As for printing, even with the best 'concelment' holster, sometimes you'll print a little. Most people never notice.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

When I'm out I sometimes wonder if people notice but probably not.
    My build is good for CC, 5'9' 170,no fat around middle thanks to my job of
    moving all day with plenty of exercise cleaning swimming pools. Get a great tan too!
    I carry my G27 in a Done Hume OWB 721ot and I may get one for the 23, like you said
    some OWB holsters pull gun in tight with good belt and darker colored T's and loose button down
    shirts like I wear alot with tank or T underneath. A lot of times I prefer to carry my G23,just feels great in the hand.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

I use a SuperTuck, no problem

I'm a small guy, 5-6, the SuperTuck does the job nicely

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

A good belt is so important. I have a Cross Breed and a Beltman belt. Both are double layer and both do an excellent job.

I agree I have 3 good thick western style belts although i would like to try a web belt for shorts weather.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

My Glock 23 is my "The possibility of a threat is higher so I want to carry more fire power gun". I normally carry a SP-101 which conceals in my Crossbreed supertuck like a dream wearing just about anything but my birthday suit which is one reason I love it so much. When carrying the 23 I I resign myself to having to dress around the gun. I still user a CBST but if I don't want any printing I have to wear a larger shirt. This annoys me as I look sloppy in a large in stead of a medium however if I am carrying the Glock instead of my regular SP101 there's a good reason for it so fashion isn't a top priority.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Old skool, Just how good is the Crossbreed, been dying to try one? Your a floridian, how's it carry in summer heat?
    Rollo, that SP101 sounds like a plan for CCW in place of my G27 just cause of the grip!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

I carry my G23 in a Lobo Leather Belt Slide style holster on an A&G Leather belt at about 2:30 or 3:00...

XXL shirts (I'm 6"4" about 240) seems to conceal everything nicely...I have a nice collection for all seasons...

My wife would say something if I was "showing"...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

My G23. most of the time, is in a Josh Bulman shoulder rig in the winter months and a Pure Kustom OWB in the summer months.

But always an A&G Custom Leather gun belt.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Biker my belt is a Crossbreed my holsters are High Noon. I have not used Crossbreed holsters. High Noon makes a holster I really like in the Public Secret.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links