High Noon vs Alessi - Page 2

High Noon vs Alessi

This is a discussion on High Noon vs Alessi within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alessi holsters are great & made just like the ones that Lou made for years Tom is the Manager at Alessi & the Bodyguard rig ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Noon vs Alessi

Alessi holsters are great & made just like the ones that Lou made for years Tom is the Manager at Alessi & the Bodyguard rig that I bought is top of the line, so don't swayed that they are not like the ones made while Lou Alessi was alive, I assure you that they are just as well made.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I'm sure even while Lou was alive , in his later years, most of his rigs were done by his staff....everyone would love a rig made by the man himself, and most did not know if he made it or one of his underlings did...I think a lot of the "they're not as good now" is just the mind telling you "Lou didn't make it."

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I'm sure even while Lou was alive , in his later years, most of his rigs were done by his staff....everyone would love a rig made by the man himself, and most did not know if he made it or one of his underlings did...I think a lot of the "they're not as good now" is just the mind telling you "Lou didn't make it."
    I have several Alessi holsters and 2 belts from back when Lou was alive and they are top notch. I don't have anything from his shop since he passed away so I can't comment on the differences. I was told that Lou did the boning on EVERY piece that left his shop. Others did the cutting and stitching. I would think that changed near the end when he was very sick. He was not a high volume operation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    If you want Alessi design AND quality..buy a Ritchie Leather holster. My friend just got a Stakeout for his M&P 45 and it is the quality of the old Alessi. Very nice work. Ritchie was a protege of Lou's for years and started his own company after Lou passed. His wife bought it for him for a Valentines present. She ordered it on Thursday and had it on Tuesday.
    I second this, I've bought two holsters from Skip and they are every bit as nice or nicer than the older Alessi holsters I have from back in the 80's.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links