High Noon vs Alessi

High Noon vs Alessi

This is a discussion on High Noon vs Alessi within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I thought the hunt was over then I found the Alessi. Anyone use either or both. I was just about to place the order ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High Noon vs Alessi

Well,
    I thought the hunt was over then I found the Alessi. Anyone use either or both. I was just about to place the order for the HN. But the Alessi really looks nice. Looks like HN is about 4 months out. Not sure for the AL. Anyone wlling to take a shot at both. They both look nice. The HN is lined and adjustable. I been searching this out for weeks now. Narrowed it down to one, then two.

What models are you talking about ?
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I was really pleased with Overland. You should check them out if you have not.

Administrator
    Alessi makes a nice holster, but they are not what they used to be after the old man died. I'd go High Noon.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Serious Sixto...have they slipped that much? Not long ago I would have thought the topic here was a joke!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Serious Sixto...have they slipped that much? Not long ago I would have thought the topic here was a joke!
    I live near the Alessi company and have 3 - 2 made before the death of Lou Alessi - and one after. I cannot tell any difference.

The Colt 1911 holster of Alessi's - the one made after Lou's death - has got to be the best 1911 IWB anyone could find:

PCH Auto.JPG

It's very common when the man dies whose name is the company's, to have rumors about loss of quality. I see none.

I have an OWB Highnoon Slideguard model holster which I love (not sure which kind of holster your looking for as you do not state).

I have the black, cow-hide, lined version and it is well built and works great once broken in.

Highnoon's OWB Slide-Guard model covers the entire barrel and front site (which I wanted) - some brands don't.

The lining Highnoon uses is synthetic and does not trap moisture and protects your firearm from wear and rubbing.

They have a no questions, lifetime warrenty on their holsters - see their website for details.

Call and speak to Alex at Highnoon if you have any questions and/or check out their FAQ section on their website (great information on a range of topics).

Personally, I hated the wait time for my holster, but once I received it and got it broken in (took probably 2 weeks)... I am very pleased I purchased from Highnoon and waited as long as I did.

Good luck on whatever you decide on... it is never easy... and you will probably have between 2 - 3 holsters (if not more) like everyone else at some point as it is!!!!!
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

We did keep that rush service from Christmas, available at check out for those who can not wait. Just pick the option at check out.

http://highnoonholsters.com/Rush_Ser...h_service.html

Justin

Administrator
    IMO, its not just rumors. Don't get me wrong, Alessi still makes a great product, I'd be happy to wear anything from their current production. But its like buying a print vs. original artwork, yet still paying the price for the original. Lou Alessi was a master at his craft and people paid the premium to have something he made. As for the new stuff... I'll just say its all about detail.

What High Noon does and does right is offer the right balance of quality, price and timing. They make a great product at an every mans price and make no bones about it. That is what they do. I'm just not so sure that the Alessi should be commanding the price they do.
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 8th, 2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
    "Just blame Sixto"

I really appreciate everyones input. I have studied the HN and the Alessi sites. I have searched this site for every piece of information I could get. I am going to stick to what I was going to order last week before finding the other holster. I'll be placing my order for the Topless Highnoon with liner when I get back home. But I will be keeping an eye on the Alessi, or whoever is making their holsters. Highnoon has one of the most informative sites I have ever seen. It helped me so much in choosing a good quality holster. I suggest anyone to read it even if they do not purchase the HN holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie40 View Post
    I really appreciate everyones input. I have studied the HN and the Alessi sites. I have searched this site for every piece of information I could get. I am going to stick to what I was going to order last week before finding the other holster. I'll be placing my order for the Topless Highnoon with liner when I get back home. But I will be keeping an eye on the Alessi, or whoever is making their holsters. Highnoon has one of the most informative sites I have ever seen. It helped me so much in choosing a good quality holster. I suggest anyone to read it even if they do not purchase the HN holster.
    Since you have narrowed it down to the "Topless" model at Highnoon, you may want to consider the "Slideguard" model (both OWB holsters). The difference is the extra leather that prevents the gun slide from rubbing against your body.

I have the "Slideguard" and I like it for the following reasons:

1) Prevents the gun from rubbing against by body as I wear it all day and while sitting and driving (the later is the real benefit).

2) The "Slideguard" prevents your body moisture and sweat from getting directly on your gun in the summer time as you will be wearing it concealed under a t-shirt at a minimum if not under some sort of other shirt or "cover".

3) The "Slideguard" will keep any bit of extra/residual gun oils on the firearm from getting on your clothing as well (seems that no matter how careful I am after I clean my firearm, there is always some extra on the slide rails).

4) The "Slideguard" area of the leather holster does not slow down or impede the draw of your firearm, as your hand will naturally go to the grip and your trigger finger to the side of the holster/trigger guard area.

Good luck and either holster will work great, but if you "Google search" the name "Highnoon Slideguard holster", there are many write-ups about this holster... and it is the holster Highnoon uses on their Home page.... so they must like it too!!!!!!
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

I agree with hamlet, I just bought an Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig for my 1911 & its a work of art, Tom Kulwicki & the Alessi staff makes their holsters just like Lou did, Great workmanship.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I just bought an Alessi OWB holster for my CW9. I've had it about three weeks and I have to say that even my Galco holsters are nicer. It's OK and there are no defects but it's just not what I was expecting from the name Alessi. I would put the molding on par with Don Hume or some other mass produced item.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Administrator
    The molding, stitching etc are not what they used to be. You are paying for the name at this point.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you want Alessi design AND quality..buy a Ritchie Leather holster. My friend just got a Stakeout for his M&P 45 and it is the quality of the old Alessi. Very nice work. Ritchie was a protege of Lou's for years and started his own company after Lou passed. His wife bought it for him for a Valentines present. She ordered it on Thursday and had it on Tuesday.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links