Wearing OWB

Wearing OWB

This is a discussion on Wearing OWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a question regarding OWB and properly threading the belt. The spot I carry has a pants loop directly behind the holster. Should I ...

Thread: Wearing OWB

Wearing OWB

I have a question regarding OWB and properly threading the belt. The spot I carry has a pants loop directly behind the holster. Should I thread my belt through this loop as well as the slots on the holster or is threading only through the holster just fine? I have an A&G belt so I'm not concerned with sagging. Threading only through the holster seems to pull it tighter and help the holster lay flatter. Hope this makes sense.

It doesn't sound like it would make a difference, either way. I like to use ALL my loops, and personally, I would probably thread through the first slot, then the pants loop, then through the second slot...but that's just me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It doesn't sound like it would make a difference, either way. I like to use ALL my loops, and personally, I would probably thread through the first slot, then the pants loop, then through the second slot...but that's just me.
    I agree. That is what I do and recommend to customers.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I think another factor is how long the holster is, ie. from slot to slot along your belt. This depends on how much cant the holster has. Some are longer than others, that's just physics. A double mag pouch, for example, could easily and feasibly be worn that way.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

The holster I believe has 15 degree cant...Galco Concealable. The slots are maybe 5-6" apart. If it makes any difference, I have a 32" waist, so the belt is very stiff once it is on.

What Retsupt and MNBurl said.

bosco

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    what retsupt said
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

i agree with RETSUPT, I do the same thing and find that it keeps the holster within certain areas of the belt. Although I find it works best to do this with a pancake style holster with loops that are pretty spaced out. Hope this helps.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will try without using the pants loop and practice drawing and moving and see how it feels. Then I'll use the loop and test that too and see which I like better. I can't imagine the holster is going to move much not using the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It doesn't sound like it would make a difference, either way. I like to use ALL my loops, and personally, I would probably thread through the first slot, then the pants loop, then through the second slot...but that's just me.:wave:
    That's how I use my Bianchi CarryLok.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I agree with using the belt loop. I must admit though I have ripped quite a few pairs of jeans.

Sponsored Links