Gun Purse

This is a discussion on Gun Purse within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a decent gun purse for my wife . Has anyone bought any for there wife's or know of a good brand ...

Thread: Gun Purse

Gun Purse

I am looking for a decent gun purse for my wife . Has anyone bought any for there wife's or know of a good brand to start with ? She will carry a Glock 26
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Yeah, Gun Tote'n Mamas is where the wife is ordering one. Check it out here:

http://www.guntotenmamas.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=GTM090
    Yeah, My old CCW 9 MM is nicknamed "Barkey"
    New CCW LCP is "Elsie"
    and my 12 Ga S x S Coach gun is "Boomer"
    Wife's weapon is "Miss Pearl" (SP101 .357 w/mother of pearl inserts)
    We're old so we can get away with that.

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    My wife has several of their purses. She refuses to carry on her person so this is a compromise. Excellent quality with lots of styles to choose from.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I bought the Gun toting Moma Hobo purse for my wife. The quality is really great,but the main problem withthe hobo bag is that the compartment where you carry your gun is too small. it does have a zipper on each side for left or right hand access.Even though my wife has very small hands and carries a Taurus PT709 slim. its somewhat difficult to remove if you needed it in a hurry. The zippers are just to short, when you reach in to remove the gun as you grip the gun then try and slide it out there's just not enough room. IMO the smallest of hands couldnt remove a gun easily.
    Otherwise they are well made purses and worth the money.

Administrator
    Galco International.
    Click this link and then scroll down to the bottom of the page to the thumbnail pics of the purses. http://www.usgalco.com/Women.asp They have quite a few different styles.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My wife and I were on this topic tonite, she had just changed purses and commented about how well her gun fit inside (not a gun purse by design). She carries a full size pistol and when she shops for a purse she tries them out with her gun in the store. You should of seen the clerks' face at the Coach outlet! She believes the gun purses ar both too small and pretty ugly. I tell her she is right of course.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

IMO: I'm not sure if I would suggest one. If one gets mugged and the purse is snatched away... you're defenseless. Not to mention, slow response to hold the purse, unzip the compartment and draw the weapon.
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Rays Holsters (Shado Leather)
    www. RAYHOLSTERS.com
    CTIBBENS@tampabay.rr.com
    727-393-2078

I purchased a beautiful purse for my step-daughter from Ray. His high-end stuff is nicer than any purses I've seen in the best department stores.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    I bought the Gun toting Moma Hobo purse for my wife. The quality is really great,but the main problem withthe hobo bag is that the compartment where you carry your gun is too small. it does have a zipper on each side for left or right hand access.Even though my wife has very small hands and carries a Taurus PT709 slim. its somewhat difficult to remove if you needed it in a hurry. The zippers are just to short, when you reach in to remove the gun as you grip the gun then try and slide it out there's just not enough room. IMO the smallest of hands couldnt remove a gun easily.
    Otherwise they are well made purses and worth the money.
    i second that. its a good purse, i bought one for my wife, but the pocket is too small. my wife is small and she can use a 642 or a p3at but anything bigger [baby glock] and it would be a problem. thats a shame cause its well made.

First- I can NEVER suggest that a lady carry in her purse. there are just SOOO many things that can go wrong with that.
    Having said that, purse carry is better than no carry. if the only way that she is going to carry is in a purse, than you are doing the right thing to get her an actual gun purse.
    If this is an acceptable method for her, i highly recommend it- the wilderness safepacker
    http://www.thewilderness.com/storepi...356&parent=171
    It keeps it CONNECTED to your hip, as a gun should be, yet allows you to wear anything as long as you have a belt.
    I wear mine all the time. The only comment I have gotten so far was from another girl who said 'wow, that purse is a great idea!'
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

make one!

All gun purses out there are ugly! Functional, but too ugly to look at!

I made my own purse for a holiday party. I usually have an IWB on, but on one occasion I really needed a purse. It was a one pocket purse, with a 'secret' compartment on the side, just for the gun. It was black suede with Beaded handles and very cute!

Be careful looking for one in a normal store...there should be a special pocket just for the gun, easy to grab, yet out of the way of keys/lipstick/pens/etc.

Links