OWB for M&P9c

OWB for M&P9c

This is a discussion on OWB for M&P9c within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone recommend a good OWB for this guns? I just picked up a FIST #1 for it and am very impressed. Thinking about trying ...

Thread: OWB for M&P9c

OWB for M&P9c

Can anyone recommend a good OWB for this guns? I just picked up a FIST #1 for it and am very impressed. Thinking about trying one of their belt holsters. Also, maybe a high noon.

My hope is to have something I can wear backpacking. If I get the leather slide gaurd is that enough to keep sweat at bay or am I better off going with Kydex?

I just received one of these a few weeks ago: http://www.lobogunleather.com/14_enh...e_new_for_2010
    Ray is great to work with, his price is more than competetive for leather, and his turn around time is not bad (and slightly ahead of what was quoted).
    I got it for my M&Pc, and have been very pleased. I am primarily an IWB kydex and/or hybrid type (C-Tac/M-Tac type), so I wanted a really close fitting holster. I can wear this under a normal sized button up shirt with no issues. It's not as good under a polo or T-shirt, as an IWB, but probably much better than most OWBs.
    Here are few pics of mine. I got it with the slideguard. I wear it under my shirt, against the skin and it's comfortable for me. It is however still cold here, so I'm not sure how that will work in the summer when it gets hot.
    http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMAG0215.jpg
    http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMAG0216.jpg
    http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMAG0217.jpg
    http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=IMAG0218.jpg
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

MSteve -
    Ray builds the "enhanced" pancake style. I think it is really a cool design with the belt tunnels. Nice looking holster there.
    NRA Life Member

Crossbreed Snapslide, best OWB I've found yet........it's frikkin' fantastic.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

I'd like to hear more about the snapslide from crossbreed. I've got supertucks, so I know they are great holsters, and I'm needing a new gun belt and OWB for my new m&p 9C, so the snapslide has had my eye the past few days.

Do you have any concealment issues with the snap slide and a good belt, outside of the obvious stuff like making sure your cover garment is long enough?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good OWB for this guns? I just picked up a FIST #1 for it and am very impressed. Thinking about trying one of their belt holsters. Also, maybe a high noon.

My hope is to have something I can wear backpacking. If I get the leather slide gaurd is that enough to keep sweat at bay or am I better off going with Kydex?
    Did you get the Fist #1 or the #1A...the #1A has the cant.
    For an OWB, I would suggest the Fist #12 Basic...I have several of them. It will hold the firearm as tightly against the body as the IWB.

In the first pic, the holster with the Glock is what I have for my Glock-36. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Did you get the Fist #1 or the #1A...the #1A has the cant.
    For an OWB, I would suggest the Fist #12 Basic...I have several of them. It will hold the firearm as tightly against the body as the IWB.

In the first pic, the holster with the Glock is what I have for my Glock-36. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/12.htm
    Its the fist #1. It really is a nice holster. I was actually looking at the #12. May have to try it out. You think the body protector option will keep a decent sweat away?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Its the fist #1. It really is a nice holster. I was actually looking at the #12. May have to try it out. You think the body protector option will keep a decent sweat away?
    I always get the body protector on the IWB holsters, but not the OWB's. I never wear the OWB's without a shirt, so the body guard was of no concern...no regrets not having in on the #12's.OMO
    If you look in the pick, there is no body protector their either. I have about 5-6 of the #12 Basic holsters...great holsters.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I didn't get it for my #1. Just went with the basic model. Kind of wish I got it. Even if it was just to make the gun jab me a little less when sitting.

Links