Best cc Kydex Paddle For G27??

This is a discussion on Best cc Kydex Paddle For G27?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been breaking in a OWB leather holster for 2 wks,still too tight, just not happy rather have Kydex for better draw and reholster. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best cc Kydex Paddle For G27??

I have been breaking in a OWB leather holster for 2 wks,still too tight, just not happy rather have Kydex for better draw and reholster. I know Fobus is not the best choice but looking for a concealable one for under loose button down shirts. Any suggestions??????????????????? I have'nt much knowledge of Kydex products for CC. It may sound strange but owb leather is just not doing it for me because of long breakin periods. I need a holster that will give me what I need asap! I carry nearly all the time. I carry inside pants now which is great but like outside pants also.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

I sometimes carry my G27 in a Comp-tac paddle. I prefer the FBI cant, others may not. The holster holds the weapon close to your body and the retention is adjustable.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Silent Thunder has two retention screws that will allow you to fine tune your retention and keep your draw exactly the same for years and years. The leather lining will help to forestall the normal wear you get with regular Kydex holsters. We first added the leather lining to eliminate the noise Kydex holsters make from drawing and re-holstering. We found from our customers comments, that the leather actually helped to preserve the finish on their firearms.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

One of the best made is from Comp-Tac. Holds the gun tighter to the body than any other paddle I have tried. Plenty of retention(2 screws to adjust as much as you want). Very comfortable. Get the Slide version of the paddle for your 27 so that you can use it with bigger models of Glocks. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

Here is one of mine with a Kahr P40

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Thanks on the Comptac holster, looks like what I may want. My son has a silent thunder for his 23 but just not for me,he loves it and has a IWB by same maker.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I too prefer kydex to leather. My favorites for my G21 and G27 are the Comp-tac Set-cant for OWB and the C-tac for IWB.

Fobus is not Kydex. Don't be fooled by some of the cheaper holsters.

CompTac does good work.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Nice pics of conptac thanks, a LEO friend of my son uses comptac holsters off duty and swears by them as opposed to Fobus,Blackhawk,Uncle Mike's etc.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

kpw
    I like Com-Tac paddles. I prefer the settable cant model as it rides a bit higher. My G19 rides in one just about every day.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I prefer the fbi cant also but on the settable cant why would It ride higher than the fixed fbi cant fixed or slide model?
    Too high of a holster can have problems drawing weapon unless you bend over some.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    One of the best made is from Comp-Tac. Holds the gun tighter to the body than any other paddle I have tried. Plenty of retention(2 screws to adjust as much as you want). Very comfortable. Get the Slide version of the paddle for your 27 so that you can use it with bigger models of Glocks. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

Here is one of mine with a Kahr P40

The slide would be a good choice since I also have a G23, old one but still runs great. Just got it LEO trade in.
    Is thar the slide version in your photo?
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

No it isn't the slide version. I think I ordered that holster before they started offering the slide versions. If you look at the bottom of the holster, you can see that the bottom edge of the holster is turned in just slightly. The slide version will not have that so that longer slides can go through the holster. The other key feature to Comp-Tac's holster is that the paddle part is a continuation of the Kydex from the holster. In other words, it is made out of one piece of Kydex and not made of several different pieces that are riveted together. It is very strong.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Buy a crossbreed, the side of it is kydex
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
    I prefer the fbi cant also but on the settable cant why would It ride higher than the fixed fbi cant fixed or slide model?
    Too high of a holster can have problems drawing weapon unless you bend over some.
    It's the design of the holster. It can be had with a belt attachment as well. The standard Comp-Tac paddles ride fairly low. The settable cant rides like a hi-ride belt holster. It's higher but not extreme at all.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by dam294 View Post
    I sometimes carry my G27 in a Comp-tac paddle. I prefer the FBI cant, others may not. The holster holds the weapon close to your body and the retention is adjustable.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53
    +1...or the Blade-tech model, but the Blade-tech switched their paddle attachement, I dont like the new version as well.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links