High Noon holster.... - Page 2

High Noon holster....

This is a discussion on High Noon holster.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a recently procured "Split Decision" holster from High Noon. I was very impressed with the quality of it. The construction and stitching were ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: High Noon holster....

I have a recently procured "Split Decision" holster from High Noon. I was very impressed with the quality of it. The construction and stitching were fantastic.
    I love my Split Decision. High Noon is to be credited for being one of the few makers that is supporting the Ruger SR9c. Mine fit the gun perfectly right out of the box - no adjustment required. It's my favorite IWB option.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkiefd4 View Post
    I recently recieved my new High Noon holster, I bought the Mr. Softy for my Glock 23. Im really really thin and didnt want anything hard. Its gonna take a lil time to break it in but thats to be exspected. Im still waiting for my permit to get here so im only carrying around the house to get use to it. The holster and shipping was only 36 bucks to get it and I recieved it in 3 days. So a big thanks to High Noon!
    They are good folks to do business with. They know how to treat their customers right, whether on the phone, or via email.

I really found it a pleasure buying from them.

Quote Originally Posted by bunkiefd4 View Post
    I recently recieved my new High Noon holster, I bought the Mr. Softy for my Glock 23. Im really really thin and didnt want anything hard. Its gonna take a lil time to break it in but thats to be exspected. Im still waiting for my permit to get here so im only carrying around the house to get use to it. The holster and shipping was only 36 bucks to get it and I recieved it in 3 days. So a big thanks to High Noon!
    I have the Same holster for my Gen 4 Glock 23...after you get it broken in you hardly know its there!!

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    It did not have to be the hard way, there was an easy way. If you did not like it you should have sent it back, we have a no questions asked policy so we do not want to add your your junk drawer. http://highnoonholsters.com/Guarantee/guarantee.html

This policy kinda makes it hard for a customer to complain. We know everyone has reasons why they do not send things back, or why they do not like a product, but the fact remains it could have been sent back. Why not get your money back and be happy? We are not here to waste your money, there are options on the table for 30 days. We want to make you a happy High Noon customer, or a happy non High Noon customer, but you have to execute your end of the agreement. We know not every holster we make is a match for our customers needs.

Please answer three questions to help us out here and get to the bottom of this, so its not one of those, as we call it "Drive by posts". Maybe we did something wrong.
    1. What did you not like about the bare skin?
    2. Why did you not send it back if you did not like it?
    3. Did you call us up about your situation, maybe we could have helped over the phone.
    What we have found out is sometimes the holster is misunderstood because its a non molded holster which needs a specific break in procedure.
    We do include instructions, but at this point we do not know if that was a problem. All we have is a post with no details as to why.

Hope this helps
    Justin
    I could not get a proper break in, the glock was very hard to get in and even worse to get out of the holster. I still have not been able to get it to fit properly, the bottom of the trigger guard has a difficult time clearing the tensioning screw. I have the screw backed almost all the way out to try to clear and give me room to place and remove the gun but it has not worked. When I purchased it I did not realize that it was not molded in any way, the description doesn't indicate it is but it does not indicate it is not either. A clarifying statement in the description may help others avoid the same issue.
    I did not try to return it and did not even think of it as an option. I had the holster delivered to work and the paperwork was left there. It was also right at Thanksgiving and then the holidays came and went before I could give the break in an honest try.
    I also did not try to call, I just chalked it up to experience.
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Joeface View Post
    I could not get a proper break in, the glock was very hard to get in and even worse to get out of the holster. I still have not been able to get it to fit properly, the bottom of the trigger guard has a difficult time clearing the tensioning screw. I have the screw backed almost all the way out to try to clear and give me room to place and remove the gun but it has not worked. When I purchased it I did not realize that it was not molded in any way, the description doesn't indicate it is but it does not indicate it is not either. A clarifying statement in the description may help others avoid the same issue.
    I did not try to return it and did not even think of it as an option. I had the holster delivered to work and the paperwork was left there. It was also right at Thanksgiving and then the holidays came and went before I could give the break in an honest try.
    I also did not try to call, I just chalked it up to experience.

High Noon Bare Asset 2 (2).jpgHigh Noon Bare Asset 2 (1).jpgHigh Noon Bare Asset 3 (2).jpg

We like to dissect posts where customers are not happy ( "Yes I found out the hard way. Bought the Bare Skin and was sent right to the junk drawer." ) to see where the problem lies because it very well may be us and that's the last thing we want. Or it may be the customers fault, which we try and make it very hard so that does not happen. In other words "we got you covered, before, during and after the sale and if not we want to know why".
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    But next time, please try to give all the information so other forum members can understand what happened. In this case you did not follow the break-in instructions nor did you call us for help and you did not use the 30 day return policy. So, of course, you are not going to like the holster and throw it in your junk draw. Drive by posts or posts without all the information make the holster and the company look bad and we know that was not your intention.
    <o:p></o:p>
    OK, so, with the information you have now given we can help you. Let's get to the holster, it's a great holster, many people on this forum have them, tuff as nails and you will not get a better fit for a non molded holster, after the break-in period.
    As I said before, it's a misunderstood holster, we do include break-in directions and are only a call or email away, but you have to make that move for help. It's a simple break in problem you describe, which every holster goes thru. You bought a non molded holster, which means its designed around a gun and not wet molded to the gun's shape. Holsters are friction fit so these non molded holsters tolerances are tight for very good reasons. We want the tension screw hitting against the trigger guard for now, at the break in. Look at picture #1. The gun will move over to the opposite side making room for your trigger guard. Look at picture #2, it's like this because its non molded, the pocket is not pre formed, you are forming it as you insert the gun the first few times. Wear it and break it in and all your problems will disappear. Look at picture #3.
    You said "the bottom of the trigger guard has a difficult time clearing the tensioning screw."<o:p></o:p>
    This could be from you drawing at an angle and not pulling the gun all the way out of the holster. The trigger guard and the tension screw run parallel to each other, they cannot hang each other up, it impossible. <o:p></o:p>
    As for the web not stating if it is a non molded holster or not, yes this could be cleared up at the web site by stating it's a non molded holster. But we just figured a picture tells the story and it was easy for a customer to tell what they are getting. The pictures are clear. no gun detail at all.

Opening page is here http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...bare_skin.html

and close up here http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...bare_skin.html

This suggestion we thank you for, if it happens to one customer being confused that's one too many. We will get that changed.

I hope this helps and you give the holster a try, its a great holster for $45.00 and gets the job done in a big way. Quick note to all who read this, a simple email or phone call could have taken care of this in a few minutes. We are here and answer the phone and emails.

Justin

Administrator
    Just to add to be clear, High Noon means it when they say they are only a phone call or email away. They really do answer the phone and reply to emails unlike a lot of places. And yes, the people who answer the phone are red blooded Americans who speak english, know their product and are located on Florida's gulf coast. Whats not to like?
    ironmike86 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have the Highnoon "Slide Guard" holster (leather and lined) and I can relate about the "hard draw" when you first receive it.

I called Highnoon and they told me to use either the plastic bag that the holster came in (put gun in bag and insert into holster... or use wax paper.

I did this for a few days and used double layer wax paper and made sure the tension screw was tight to ensure the leather stretched out to the max.

After wearing the holster around my home and leaving the gun in the wax paper (in the holster)... it broke in just perfect!!!

After 2 weeks of wearing the holstere and drawing my weapon, this holster became my everyday holster and favorite.

I know it is frustrating and Highnoon makes different holsters, but leather must stretch and form to your actual gun (which is different than the "plastic mold guns" holster manufactures use.

Good luck,
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

i have a mr softy for my glock 26, and i love it, it broke in fine and its pretty much molded to the gun, i love it

Another satisfied customer here. I recently ordered a "split decision" for my S & W Bodyguard 38. And as advertised it fit the bill. I was a bit aprehensive considering it is a new model and vey few manufactures have it in thier "fit list". But it worked like achamp, I just ordered another holster from them for another gun. Thanks Guys, and got it QUICK.
    Be nice to people--they outnumber you 6.5 billion to 1

I have purchased two different High Noon holsters - a stock and a non stock item for different pistols. Both fit well and I am completely satisfied. Going to get another one this summer for an anticipated purchase.

Right after I bought my CZ 2075 Rami BD, I purchased a High Noon Down Under with the python embossed trim for it. It took about a week or so for it to come in (a stocking item). I am thoroughly happy with the holster. I followed the break-in instructions and by the end of the first day, I was comfortable with the way my pistol fit it. At first, I was not thrilled about how high the holster rode on my belt, however, after about an hour to get used to the feeling of holster, I have to say that now, it's one of the more comfortable holsters I own. The quality of construction is excellent and I anticipate quite a few years of good service from this holster.

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    High Noon Bare Asset 2 (2).jpgHigh Noon Bare Asset 2 (1).jpgHigh Noon Bare Asset 3 (2).jpg

As for the web not stating if it is a non molded holster or not, yes this could be cleared up at the web site by stating it's a non molded holster. But we just figured a picture tells the story and it was easy for a customer to tell what they are getting. The pictures are clear. no gun detail at all.

...snip...

This suggestion we thank you for, if it happens to one customer being confused that's one too many. We will get that changed.
    Justin:

I'm another customer to whom the website did not communicate clearly. I bought a Skin Deep holster. After studying the website I *thought* it would be a lightly-molded holster fitted precisely to my gun, just not with a lot of detailed boning. I was surprised when the holster arrived to find that it was completely flat, that it was made to fit a variety of guns, and that I had to stretch it to fit. I suggest it might be beneficial to add these clarifications to the website.

All:

The holster was beautifully made and finished. When I couldn't get it stretched to fit I called High Noon and Justin offered to stretch it out for me, so I sent it back. He returned it with a picture showing his aluminum dummy gun fitting in the holster, which I thought was a nice touch. I still did not like the fit (for example the trigger guard was not fully covered no matter how hard I jammed it in), so I emailed High Noon, got authorization to send it back for a refund, then received a confirmation email once the refund had been credited to my account.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    Justin:

I'm another customer to whom the website did not communicate clearly. I bought a Skin Deep holster. After studying the website I *thought* it would be a lightly-molded holster fitted precisely to my gun, just not with a lot of detailed boning. I was surprised when the holster arrived to find that it was completely flat, that it was made to fit a variety of guns, and that I had to stretch it to fit. I suggest it might be beneficial to add these clarifications to the website.

All:

The holster was beautifully made and finished. When I couldn't get it stretched to fit I called High Noon and Justin offered to stretch it out for me, so I sent it back. He returned it with a picture showing his aluminum dummy gun fitting in the holster, which I thought was a nice touch. I still did not like the fit (for example the trigger guard was not fully covered no matter how hard I jammed it in), so I emailed High Noon, got authorization to send it back for a refund, then received a confirmation email once the refund had been credited to my account.
    Thats a story we like to hear!!! Good job. A happy ending and a good experience.
    As for the web its been fixed,sorry to anyone else who we may have confused.
    Question 124,125 Molded Holster & Non Molded Holster

Justin

Hey Justin, im still loving the Mr. Softy. Its really broken in well. Very pleased with it. Yesterday I went down to our local gun shop who has a indoor range to do some shooting, had my shirt tucked in with my Glock in the Mr. Softy at the 4ish position, well the gun shop has several different brands off IWB holsters and I had a few guys ask me some questions about my holster and where they can get one. There was actually alot of people in the store at the time and they were starting to gather around me to listen. At this point some of the guys are grabbing ink pins and papper to rite down High Noon so they can take a look at the web page. Well at the corner of my eyes I can see the employees just staring at me like, " We sell holsters to! ". The last thing I was trying to do was hurt there buisness, but these guys really wanted info on High Noon so I gave it to them. The employees didnt give me a hard time are anything but I could tell they were starting to get fustrated. Anyway, I love my holster and will continue to use it for a long time.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

Welcome aboard!!!! Enjoy the holster, its like wearing nothing.

Justin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links