High Noon holster.... - Page 3

High Noon holster....

This is a discussion on High Noon holster.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After more than a year of almost daily use the only thing I have noticed is a very slight laminate separation on the edge of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: High Noon holster....

After more than a year of almost daily use the only thing I have noticed is a very slight laminate separation on the edge of one of the belt holes. I use a very thick full sized gun belt that is a tight fit so this is not abnormal wear in my opinion, considering it goes on and off the belt at least once each day. If this thing ever wears out (doubt it) I will not hesitate ordering another. It holds my Walther P99 now as securely as it did after a short break-in period (overnight in the plastic bag) when I got it. The finish looks brand new.

It's an OWB bare skin and it adds almost nothing to the weight or width of my pistol

bosco

The double stiching will hold it forever. If any problems just let us know. That face is tough as nails, LOL , LOL no matter what we did to it in testing, it always came out looking like new.

Alex

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I have two Mr. Softy's...one for my SP101, which fit fine out of the package and one for my P2000, that needed a slight mod...seems my trigger guard kept the gun from fitting all the way in...a little slit of one thread in the guard area and it fits perfect now...:)

Here's my SP...don't have a pic of the P2000....

Well when I was looking for a holster I wanted something soft because im 5'8" and 125 pounds. I already new that something tough, hard and bulky would not work well for me. So I started looking on High Noons web page and I found the Mr. Softy. I dont regret buying it not one bit. On top of that, the price was perfect! Over the last couple of weeks ive tried some different holsters and the Mr. Softy is the holster that I keep going back to.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

I recently received my High Noon Split Decision for my LCP w/CT. The quality is impressive but the way it wears is amazing! I love the fact it tucks a shirt. I am 5'11" and 230lbs and I can wear a T shirt tucked with it and the LCP disappears. My wife couldn't tell I had it on! I didn't like pocket holsters and prefer wearing "on my hip" I always carried my FNX in a super tuck until now. This holster is great. Im going to spend some time with it this weekend drawing it while watching TV to smooth it out but Im sold on it.

Great comfy holster a great price!

Thanks,
    David

P.S. I went looking for your Facebook page to like it, but it doesn't look like you have one. You should get that going. Its good for business!

Another new High Noon lover

Just got two Split Decisions, 1 for my LCP & 1 for my new LC9.

I have never wore a IWB but these are nice and easy to use.
    Very fast and good service.....

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Howdy from a DC nooob!
    My second post. The first was a thumbs up to Old School and the pics of his High Noon public secret.
    I've got a Kahr PM9094N ordered with a CT laser. So, I've been shopping every holster maker on the planet to carry my new gun. I'm pretty new to this stuff and am not sure if I want to pocket carry or IWB.

What I came away with in my search and to cut to the chase. I had narrowed down my holster list to six or seven. The first two that I'm going to buy are the High Noon Public Secret and the Pocket Grabber. I'm looking at a Rosen #18, CB Microclip, Comp-Tac Minotaur, and I'll buy a DeSantis Superfly because it's so inexpensive and folks seem to like them.

To me, the High Noon holster designs and features just seem to make sense. The only thing that doesn't make sense? If the horse hide is more trouble to work with and more expensive. Why is the Public Secret in natural horse $130 and the cow hide in black $185?

Regards

I have a Hight Noon Mr. Softy for every carry gun in addition to Summer Comfort Holsters. I find the High Noon holsters to be much thinner and lighter and make carrying my guns more comfortable. The tension screw works great and I am able to hold a holstered gun upside down and shake it without it falling out. Do not need molded holsters for good retention. As one poster said, one size does not fit all but these are not universal holsters. They are made according to the gun and know that for a fact because I have 4 of them and they are all sized and cut differently. Sure you can get a few different guns into a larger sized one and still get good retention but without the right model for your gun you give up a good combat grip. By that I mean that you cannot grasp your gun as you would to fire it. I have one holster that will hold three of my guns but the space between the grip and top of holster does not allow me to grab the gun fully as it is small. So you need to order the right holster for your gun. I do not carry much since I work from home and only go out for a few hours each weekend so I do not need expensive leather to last although I do own a thousand dollars worth of top holsters. The High Noon are a great value, as are Don Hume holsters, that work. The ONE thing I do not like about them is that even though they make an attempt of having a re-inforced opening, in practice, the holster collapses after you draw it and you have to be careful when re-holstering. That does not bother me too much because once holstered it stays that way all day and secondly, my main carry, a Kahr PM9 has a manual safety which I flip on when holstering and take off safe after holstered.

Quote Originally Posted by 72guy View Post
    Howdy from a DC nooob!
    To me, the High Noon holster designs and features just seem to make sense. The only thing that doesn't make sense? If the horse hide is more trouble to work with and more expensive. Why is the Public Secret in natural horse $130 and the cow hide in black $185?

Regards
    The dye makes the manufacturing process more labor intensive.Heres a link for more info Questions

Justin<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Quote Originally Posted by GunByte View Post
    The ONE thing I do not like about them is that even though they make an attempt of having a re-inforced opening, in practice, the holster collapses after you draw it and you have to be careful when re-holstering. That does not bother me too much because once holstered it stays that way all day and secondly, my main carry, a Kahr PM9 has a manual safety which I flip on when holstering and take off safe after holstered.
    Good job!!!! You got the size thing down correct. We have so many sizes for that holster and each gun that is on that label was fitted and approved by us, if it did not fit good it would not be on that label.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    That piece of leather was not meant to help with one handed reholstering. Its job was just to beef up the mouth of the holster, so if your muzzle of the gun hit the opening of the holster when putting the gun in, the leather would not bend over. You will never get one handed reholstering from that type of leather, its just to thin, the design intention behind it was just to have a stable platform to hold your gun when needed while being as thin and comfortable as possible. <o:p></o:p>

Justin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links