IWB or other holster for my S&W J Frame

This is a discussion on IWB or other holster for my S&W J Frame within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be getting my hammerless Cenntennial J Frame soon and I'm looking for gun leather. I currently carry my Glock in a Crossbreed IWB ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB or other holster for my S&W J Frame

IWB or other holster for my S&W J Frame

I will be getting my hammerless Cenntennial J Frame soon and I'm looking for gun leather. I currently carry my Glock in a Crossbreed IWB Super Tuck, however the Smith is a different thing all togeather. So...reccomendations?

The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

2. Remove Ads

CMR
    Do pocket carry with a good leather pocket holster.
    Also, I like the Don Hume JIT belt holster for my j frame.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

I prefer aiwb. I carry my 642 in a sideguard quicksnap that I had him lower. I like for the grip to ride just above the belt. I couldn't be happier and its economical. If you need something quick I find the highnoon holsters hard to beat. The highnoon I have is a little high for appendix but great for iwb in say the 3-4 posistion.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I prefer aiwb. I carry my 642 in a sideguard quicksnap that I had him lower. I like for the grip to ride just above the belt. I couldn't be happier and its economical. If you need something quick I find the highnoon holsters hard to beat. The highnoon I have is a little high for appendix but great for iwb in say the 3-4 posistion.
    For IWB, I like carrying my J-Frame in a Sidguard Minimal Clip or High Noon Mr. Softy. In the pocket it rides in a Looper pocket holster.

Crossbreed for IWB or Mika for in the pocket.
    ...T. Ray

tommys

I have ordered a Side Guard Tuck Clip for my ordered but as yet not received 632 centennial.

I like the High Noon Bare Asset or Mr Softy, I think theey are excellent for the j-frame.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

+1 on the Mika holster for pocket carry. Excellent, comfortable, well-made holster at a very reasonable price. That said, I'm also considering getting an AIWB for my 640, so I'm glad you posted this thread. I may put up another question thread on the advantages/disadvantages of clip vs. snaps for an IWB holster.

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro for IWB/OWB in leather or Kholster for IWB only in a leather/Kydex rig
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Simple, effective, quality, reasonably priced, fairly quick delivery, easy on/off, easy one-handed reholstering... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1A.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

FIST #20 adjustable is what I use most of the time. It is not tuckable. I have three other J frame IWB holsters. The FIST #20 is my favorite. Carry about 3:30.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have really enjoyed my RKBA pocket holster. $38

IWB features

The FIST #20 has the best features for IWB carry. Note it uses snap straps fore and aft the gun. More secure than spring clips, adds no bulk. Spring clip holsters do come out with the gun occasionally - often enough we banned them. (Remember Murphy's Law) Either a spring clip or a snap strap placed over the cylinder adds bulk which is counter to the purpose of IWB carry.

What ever brand you choose these features plus a reinforced mouth - available at FIST as an option - are what to look for.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I have a OWB holster for it although I have never carried it in it (outside my house). If i'm packing my J-frame, its in the pocket. My theory is that if I can hip carry my j-frame, I can do the same with my M&P.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I use either a Mika pocket holster, or a Remora No-Clip holster.

The Mika works well in all of my pants, except for my slacks. A bit loose, there.

The Remora works well as a pocket holster, too. But beware the Remora website shows a size 8C for the j-frames, but it's not accurate. You need the 8UC, I believe.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links