G27 IWB No Holster?!

This is a discussion on G27 IWB No Holster?! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This weekend my LEO son came home with a new G27 that will be his duty back-up, and off-duty carry gun. He plans ankle carry ...

Thread: G27 IWB No Holster?!

G27 IWB No Holster?!

This weekend my LEO son came home with a new G27 that will be his duty back-up, and off-duty carry gun. He plans ankle carry in uniform, which sounds OK. But for off-duty he's going to use only a grip-clip. He wants to carry in sweat pants this way. Glock with one in the pipe in his waistband, no holster! No belt!! It makes me cringe! He is a stubborn kid. Anyone have ideas for getting him to reconsider?
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

2. Remove Ads

Show him the zack from Dale Fricke... http://www.onesourcetactical.com/zac...ntholster.aspx

Tell him to at least install a heavier trigger if he plans on doing that. That is what I did when I carried my G27 with a Jentra clip
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Several people have made the comment that the Remora holster works well in sweatpants or elastic waistband shorts. There is a running thread on the Remora holsters here.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...d.php?t=113350

tell him not to carry it in front; if you would like grand kids

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Show him the zack from Dale Fricke... http://www.onesourcetactical.com/zac...ntholster.aspx
    That's pretty cool. Not that I would get one, but if you're going to carry without a holster, that's what I'd use.

Senior Moderator
    I'd suggest the Remora - I've carried by M&P 9c in one, and will be carrying by Glock 19 in one from time to time. It really works quite well.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Right or wrong I carried a Glock 19 crossdraw iwb with no holster for several years. Took a good tumble bouncing off a car and it stayed in place - had to run and it stayed in place. That said, I would not ever carry a sub-compact gun that way because there just isnt enough barrel to stabilize the gun in the waistband. Now that I've found the joys of decent clip on holsters I doubt I would ever do that again with any gun. I'm in the process of ordering a High-Noon Mr.Softy and Bare Asset for each of my guns. Inexpensive and perfect for my needs.

In my less experience days, I carried a Glock 27 with no holster for about a decade. The biggest reason was because I never found a comfortable holster or belt. The good news is that there are a lot of comfortable, quality holster and belts on the market. The biggest reason I made the switch was because I was constantly adjusting my unholstered Glock because it shifted more than I would have liked.

I don't see the "sweat pants" working out too well, with or without a holster. Tell him to get dressed before he goes out.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Tell him you want grandchildren then ask him if he likes his jimmy left intact!

Links