Found a better option

Found a better option

This is a discussion on Found a better option within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Fist #11 IWB/OWB convertable. I had posted a review of the holster. I do like it, but because I am overweight ...

Thread: Found a better option

Found a better option

I recently purchased a Fist #11 IWB/OWB convertable. I had posted a review of the holster. I do like it, but because I am overweight I do have to pull my belt quite tight to keep the weight of the gun and spare mag from pulling my pants down giving me the dreaded plumbers crack. The problem off course is that my belly is larger than my waist. In effect I don't have hips.

Last Saturday I was at my dog obiedience class and we were doing a lot of heeling work. Several times I had to hike the gun up.

I got to thinking, I had a pair of suspenders that I used to wear with an old suit. I decided to try them and see if that helped. The results were great! They are comfortable and conceal under my cover shirt quite well. I now do not have to pull my belt so tight that it gets uncomfortable.

The only down side I have found is that since they are under my cover shirt I need to remove the shirt to drop the pants to sit on the toilet. I don't see this being a problem, unless I get stuck having to use a public toilet that does not have a stall door. Even in that case just that fact that the gun would be exposed would kind of necessitate searching for a different bathroom.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    www.perrysuspenders.com

The best suspenders ever.

When I go to the bathroom I just pull my undershirt up and over the dangling suspenders and cover shirt. Everything nicely contained in the temporary ringed pocket.

Been a long time since I've seen a non-private toilet.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I second perry suspenders. Best money you could spend and really takes the load off belt!

Lead Moderator
    The other question, since you didn't mention..... Are you using a belt made for carrying a gun, or just a regular belt. That sometimes makes a huge difference.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Sloman View Post
    I second perry suspenders. Best money you could spend and really takes the load off belt!
    I'll third the Perry suspenders. Since they just hook over the belt, if I'm wearing them under a cover shirt, I just slip them off the belt, do my business, then re-attach. No need to remove the shirt.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    +1 For Perrys RuF N Tuff suspenders !

I asked for a pair for christmas. I have an odd shape, and my choices are to have my belt too tight for comfort, or constantly pull up my pants (annoying, and looks "thuggish". ) so these work great!

(Although I've had lower spine surgery , sometimes after sitting in a chair with a back for a while it can rub against my back and hurt it a little. The comfort over all is well worth it. I wear them daily under a T-shirt. )

I haven't tried wearing them on the outside with "dressier" clothes, anyone done that and have input on how they look with it?

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    The other question, since you didn't mention..... Are you using a belt made for carrying a gun, or just a regular belt. That sometimes makes a huge difference.
    I have a Cabela's Duoble duty belt. It's over a 1/4 of an inch thick. I can't really say that I have compared it to a true "gun belt" but it's thick enough that I had to open up the slots in the Fist holster and a fobus holster that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    +1 For Perrys RuF N Tuff suspenders !

I asked for a pair for christmas. I have an odd shape, and my choices are to have my belt too tight for comfort, or constantly pull up my pants (annoying, and looks "thuggish". ) so these work great!

(Although I've had lower spine surgery , sometimes after sitting in a chair with a back for a while it can rub against my back and hurt it a little. The comfort over all is well worth it. I wear them daily under a T-shirt. )

I haven't tried wearing them on the outside with "dressier" clothes, anyone done that and have input on how they look with it?
    They look just fine with dress clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I recently purchased a Fist #11 IWB/OWB convertable. I had posted a review of the holster. I do like it, but because I am overweight I do have to pull my belt quite tight to keep the weight of the gun and spare mag from pulling my pants down giving me the dreaded plumbers crack. The problem off course is that my belly is larger than my waist. In effect I don't have hips.

Last Saturday I was at my dog obiedience class and we were doing a lot of heeling work. Several times I had to hike the gun up.

I got to thinking, I had a pair of suspenders that I used to wear with an old suit. I decided to try them and see if that helped. The results were great! They are comfortable and conceal under my cover shirt quite well. I now do not have to pull my belt so tight that it gets uncomfortable.

The only down side I have found is that since they are under my cover shirt I need to remove the shirt to drop the pants to sit on the toilet. I don't see this being a problem, unless I get stuck having to use a public toilet that does not have a stall door. Even in that case just that fact that the gun would be exposed would kind of necessitate searching for a different bathroom.
    Me too. Perry's suspenders. They clip on the belt, not the pants. On and off in seconds. Makes any gun feel half it's weight and no hitching up all the time.

http://www.perrysuspenders.com/theorpersus.html

perrysuspenders_2127_20569245.jpgperrysuspenders_2127_20485543.jpg

Links