Ok, you appendix carry guru dudes...

This is a discussion on Ok, you appendix carry guru dudes... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So.........I'm carrying a Combat Commander........appendix carry ? Doesn't it bother you fellas when you sit or do you just stand all the time ? Can ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, you appendix carry guru dudes...

So.........I'm carrying a Combat Commander........appendix carry ?
    Doesn't it bother you fellas when you sit or do you just stand all the time ?

Can a Commander size be carried with some sort of comfort in that position.....1 to 2 O'clock ?

Which holster would you reccomend for it...............?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post

I dunno why, but for some reason I expect that a leather holster should cost more than a kydex one.
    Kydex holsters are constructed with differing thicknesses depending on the maker. The thicker the Kydex, the more expensive the material, and the harder it is to form. A mere 50% increase in thickness (.060 to .093) results in an over two times increase in tensile strength. Injection molded plastic (often mistaken as Kydex) is very brittle, and very inexpensive.

While I would agree that some Kydex holsters should be less expensive than leather, others are actually more expensive to produce than their leather counterparts.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    There are a lot of other good choices for AIWB holsters. I personally prefer the AKJ/Concealco ambidextrous IWB and plan to get a Kolbeson Minimal IWB as soon as Josh gets a mold for my gun. If you like clip-on holsters, the Tucker Silent Thunder is very nice. If inexpensive is desired, the Don Hume H715 (either clip or snap-loop version) works well.
    Thank you for the vote of confidence on the Garrett Silent Thunder Defensive Carry Forum post. Mine is very comfortable in appendix.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

I have a Garrett Silent Thunder IWB for my Glock 26 that I've been using for over a year and have no complaints. I also have one of Dale Fricke's IWB mag pouches and plan on buying one of his holsters in the next few months.

mr softy is my carry in appendix for my 26oz gun (g26) and for my 14 oz gun ( ruger lcr ) i use the remora no clip...both work great respectively

I use this: Shaggy, AIWB

It's really comfortable, stable and sturdy. Rich is a great guy to do buisness with, a little wait as it's one man shop. The cost is going up as more people are discovering his work.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Fist K#1
    Ready Tactical [URL="http://www.skdtac.com/SKD_Tactical_Belt_Claw_IWB_Holster_p/rdt.209.htm[/URL]
    Alabama Holster [URL="http://www.alabamaholster.com/index.php?p=2_6"[/URL]

The last two are very similar, and both high quality.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatnbullets View Post
    It is not just kydex!

The design comes from years of work and thousands of experts input. The primary focus has been to develope the very best AIWB holster on the market.

Dale Fricke's customer service is beyond anything that I have ever seen.......ever!

This is a fighting tool designed by a fighter, for a fighter.

You get what you pay for.
    I couldn't agree more. Another vote for the Archangel. It works well for me, even while sitting. Use them with my Glock 17, 26, 1911s in Government and Commander sizes. I'm in shape though, which is a big deal when trying to carry appendix. I've tried a Bladetech holster that could have a zero cant with belt loops, and it didn't even come close to competing with the Archangel. I had a MTAC Neutral Cant and it was OK, but it just wasn't what I could get from the Archangel. It tends to get real hot because of the wide surface area it covers. I have never wanted to try a Highnoon holster because I dislike the big clips they use. Leather isn't as thin and concealable as Kydex is. I like Kydex IWB here in Georgia, because it gets hot here and I sweat a decent amount.

Archangel with Dan Wesson CBOB and horizontal mag pouch

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

There's a lot of talk about appendix carry, lately. So, I've been experimenting with it, and have been looking around on the 'net for appendix holsters.

First up, there's the much touted Dale Fricke Archangel

This holster is recommended by Gabe Suarez, and it's really expensive for a kydex holster.
    If you carry a larger/heavier handgun AIWB there is NO equal when it comes to holsters. I carry a G17 and a G29 sometimes with 15+1 G20 mags AIWB. it doesnt move, it is supported and it is comfortable.

IMG_0863 (Large).jpgIMG_1032 (Large).jpg

Next up, High Noon. High Noon's Mr. Softy is a popular, inexpensive holster. The down side is that it rides real low; very good for concealment; not so good for a combat grip on your weapon.
    I completely disagree. I have had no issue fast drawing my revolver on the move and getting on target accurately with a mr softy. I have never had an issue getting a good draw or a grip on my weapons, even with the boot grips.

IMG_0664 (Large).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    If you carry a larger/heavier handgun AIWB there is NO equal when it comes to holsters. I carry a G17 and a G29 sometimes with 15+1 G20 mags AIWB. it doesnt move, it is supported and it is comfortable.

IMG_0863 (Large).jpgIMG_1032 (Large).jpg

I completely disagree. I have had no issue fast drawing my revolver on the move and getting on target accurately with a mr softy. I have never had an issue getting a good draw or a grip on my weapons, even with the boot grips.

IMG_0664 (Large).jpg
    I am only stating the popular opinion regarding the Mr. Softy, from what I've read here and other places.

But because of your experience with it, and the videos to back it up, I've already ordered one for my SP101.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I do want to reiterate though that the Archangel holster is worth EVERY penny and as some have said before me, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Another vote for the Archangel. It works well for me, even while sitting. Use them with my Glock 17, 26, 1911s in Government and Commander sizes. I'm in shape though, which is a big deal when trying to carry appendix. I've tried a Bladetech holster that could have a zero cant with belt loops, and it didn't even come close to competing with the Archangel. I had a MTAC Neutral Cant and it was OK, but it just wasn't what I could get from the Archangel. It tends to get real hot because of the wide surface area it covers. I have never wanted to try a Highnoon holster because I dislike the big clips they use. Leather isn't as thin and concealable as Kydex is. I like Kydex IWB here in Georgia, because it gets hot here and I sweat a decent amount.

Archangel with Dan Wesson CBOB and horizontal mag pouch
    Absolutely! The ArchAngel is the culmination of a lot of research, testing and developing... And Dale Fricke is one stand up guy, with awesome customer service. Same with OST...only have good things to say about them.
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Another vote for the Archangel I carry XDs for EDC, also have an Archangel for my 1911 airsoft. Both are very comfortable, have driven for 12 to 14 hours with no problems.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I carry with a blade tech uch and my LCR. It goes on when I get dressed in the morning and off at night. Even with the humidity in the summer I didn't have any problems. What I like is the ability to clean the holster (take it to the sink and wash), usually dust and lint. Also leather bothers my skin.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I need a tuckable AIWB. I recently discovered this holster by FIST. (Anyone tried this?)

FIST 22K Secret System 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links