Ok, you appendix carry guru dudes...

This is a discussion on Ok, you appendix carry guru dudes... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There's a lot of talk about appendix carry, lately. So, I've been experimenting with it, and have been looking around on the 'net for appendix ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, you appendix carry guru dudes...

There's a lot of talk about appendix carry, lately. So, I've been experimenting with it, and have been looking around on the 'net for appendix holsters.

First up, there's the much touted Dale Fricke Archangel

This holster is recommended by Gabe Suarez, and it's really expensive for a kydex holster.

Next up, High Noon. High Noon's Mr. Softy is a popular, inexpensive holster. The down side is that it rides real low; very good for concealment; not so good for a combat grip on your weapon.

To get a good combat grip, High Noon recommends their Public Secret line-up. These holsters come with a good reputation, and an average price for a leather holster.

I dunno why, but for some reason I expect that a leather holster should cost more than a kydex one.

I also ran across a Blade-Tech AIWB. It's real cheap, which causes me to question it's quality.

I'm sure that there are many other holsters, but the High Noon and Archangel get the most press.

Additionally, there's the Quick-Clip from CrossBreed, but it gets mixed reviews. It seems that it moves around quite a bit...

For the time being, I've been using a Remora No-Clip holster. It's a versatile holster, and it's easy to move it around to experiment, but I don't believe that it's good enough for a dedicated AIWB holster, at least not for my G23. The problem is that it moves around too much, so you have to really cinch up the belt. I believe that a dedicated holster, with a belt, is a much better set-up.

So, if you're a dedicated appendix carry person, what set-up do you use and why?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

For training I use the Arch Angel, for carry I use a Zack. For an extra mag I use an Arch Angel IWB mag pouch. All three are made by Dale Fricke Holsters out of Montana. The brown one is a Gideon OWB, also a Fricke. I use em because they're flat out the best stuff out there, IMHO.

One vote for the Archangel

I have an Archangel for a M&P9c. This holster is comfortable, very secure, and does not move around. The gun sits at just the right height above the belt without being top heavy and allows for a full combat grip. The gun comes out smoothly and reholsters with an audible click as it snaps into place. It isn't cheap, but IMHO it was worth it. Most experienced carriers will tell you, don't cheap out on a holster.

G27 C-Tac.jpg
    This is how I roll. For almost tow years now, I've carried my G27 AIWB with a C-Tac about 95% of the times. Oh, and it's tuckable, which is why I chose this holster, besides that IMO the kydex is less bulky than a leather holster, is easy to re-holster the pistol, I can adjust cant, retention and depth, and the price is right.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Thanks for starting this thread zacii. I purchased an OWB holster at the recommendation of a guy at the gun shop I frequent since it is very easy to draw from and reholster. I like the holster but since I tend not to wear long jackets or sweatshirts, I often have a problem with the tip of the barrel of my M&Pc poking out slightly when I bend or turn. I've had some success by simply wearing black pants that tends to hide this. Interested to see what others have to say about the best AIWB since I'm certain I need one.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5612 View Post
    I have an Archangel for a M&P9c. This holster is comfortable, very secure, and does not move around. The gun sits at just the right height above the belt without being top heavy and allows for a full combat grip. The gun comes out smoothly and reholsters with an audible click as it snaps into place. It isn't cheap, but IMHO it was worth it. Most experienced carriers will tell you, don't cheap out on a holster.
    Quick question for mark5612. I notice in the photograph of the Archangel in the link provided by zacii that the holster comes up above the magazine release button. Have you had any problem with accidentally releasing the magazine while holstering or unholstering?

No problems at all with the mag release. I also have a thumb safety and have had no problems.

Bro, I've got thousands of draws and reholsters with the Arch Angel and never released a mag.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    This holster is recommended by Gabe Suarez, and it's really expensive for a kydex holster.
    It is not just kydex!

The design comes from years of work and thousands of experts input. The primary focus has been to develope the very best AIWB holster on the market.

Dale Fricke's customer service is beyond anything that I have ever seen.......ever!

This is a fighting tool designed by a fighter, for a fighter.

You get what you pay for.

If $ for a Fricke is a problem, Gabe's One Source also handles the Blade-Tech "UCH". "One Source" does not sell junk.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Administrator
    I went the High Noon route, and have not been disappointed at all. I have several others from CompTac and other company's, and the public secret is the best I've found so far.
    "Just blame Sixto"

There are a lot of other good choices for AIWB holsters. I personally prefer the AKJ/Concealco ambidextrous IWB and plan to get a Kolbeson Minimal IWB as soon as Josh gets a mold for my gun. If you like clip-on holsters, the Tucker Silent Thunder is very nice. If inexpensive is desired, the Don Hume H715 (either clip or snap-loop version) works well.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I recently picked up a MTAC Neutral from Comp-Tac: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=114 I've been using it with and XD9SC and it's been doing pretty well. It's got a wide attachment spread, which is good for stability, but it does take up a lot of real estate. Got mine on their ebay outlet for a significant savings: http://stores.ebay.com/Comp-tac-Outlet
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Special Forces Operator.
    The writings above are not burdened by trivialities such as research, experience or facts. However, it is on the Internet, so it must be true.
    InstructorCommunity, forum for instructors.
    The Threadless Nut, my blog

The Mr Softy doesn't ride too low in my opinion. And actually in my experience the Public Secret rides too high creating quite a bit of printing. Of course everyone had a different body so applications can be different.

(Mr Softy)

Cool

photo.jpg

High Noon Public Secret........ Comfortable, straight drop, slide guard, reinforced holster mouth and all leather.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links