Appendix carry and sitting down? - Page 2

Appendix carry and sitting down?

This is a discussion on Appendix carry and sitting down? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my SR9C AIWB every day at work. I recently changed my holster to ride a little higher, for a full grip access, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I carry my SR9C AIWB every day at work. I recently changed my holster to ride a little higher, for a full grip access, and it makes it easier to sit. Before, the grip would dig in under my ribcage. Now it rides over my ribs when I bend or sit and it doesn't dig into my pelvis a bad either. I carry at about 12:30. I also suspect that a single clip might work better than two snap loops, be cause with a clip the holster can rotate a little to clear your leg. I'm kicking around some holster attachment ideas for this purpose.

I carry appendix and have done many long (8-12 hour) drives with no issue. However, I use a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit which rides pretty high.
    NRA Life Member

I never could pull off appendix carry. It always poked at me and seemed awkward. I wish I could pull it off though.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I carry AIWB from time-to-time and it is comfortable, but bending over seems to give me the biggest problem.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I carry dual XDs AIWB and have driving 12 to 14 hour days with no problem. Finding the sweet spot and having the right holster is the secret Dale Fricke "Archangel" http://www.onesourcetactical.com/arc...waistband.aspx
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I a relative newbie compared to these old timers. Trial and error until you find what works for you. Took me almost two years to finally find a suitable holster for my Glock 26 that works for me. Each person's body and clothing style is different from the next, so what works for me may not work for you. Appendix is the way to go for me. It's the most comfortable by far, but bulky holsters prevented me from carrying the 26 until i finally found the Galco Stow-N-Go But then, early on, compared to the ultra light Charter, the Glock felt like a I-beam wrapped in raw hide, or a couch cushion, depending which holster I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by gimike View Post
    I carry appendix often while driving. I prefer a hybrid style holster when I'm walking around a lot, but I haven't found them to be comfortable while sitting. If I know I'm going to be driving or just sitting a lot, I use my Silent Thunder IWB. It's one clip design allows me to easily change from behind the hip when at the shop, to appendix for driving, paperwork, lunch...etc.. The cant setting is easy to change so it's pretty comfortable either way.
    This is the exact holster I'm wearing right now. I have a Glock 26 in it and I think it's very comfortable. Sometimes after 5-6 hours in the car I notice some discomfort, but most of the time, I don't feel the holster at all. I really like AIWB. I've been using this holster for well over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I never could pull off appendix carry. It always poked at me and seemed awkward. I wish I could pull it off though.
    Looks like I'm in the same boat as you are. It always seems to push to hard into my abdomen area. I've had hernia surgery both sides so I guess that doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigrat View Post
    Looks like I'm in the same boat as you are. It always seems to push to hard into my abdomen area. I've had hernia surgery both sides so I guess that doesn't help.
    You know that actually might have something to do with it. I never gave it a thought but I've had several hernia's over the years, 2 when I was young, and one several years ago. I wonder if that has a larger effect than I had realized on what is comfortable for me when i t comes to appendix carry. Interesting though because I hadn't considered that as a possible reason for why I've had some trouble with comfort with that mode of carry.

Luke

I did the 0-5 Pistol Gunfighting class with Suarez Int. last year with the Arch Angel. With all the fighting to get off the ground/being knocked to the ground and stuff, the top of the holster was constantly catching me just under the rib cage. This left some nasty bruising. I wound up cutting the top 1 1/2 inches off the the top of the holster and sanded it smooth. This also made it more comfortable for the 6-7 hr drive back home.

I now carry with the Zack, which is more of a trigger guard that you cow hitch to your belt or belt loop. This allows your weapon to move around just enough to be comfortable in any position. Just don't want use it for training or you'll burn your happy parts, if carrying AIWB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links