Blue Kydex is Cool

Blue Kydex is Cool

This is a discussion on Blue Kydex is Cool within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since I make holsters two at a time, whenever I make a holster for a Glock 19, I usually make a Glock 17 holster of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Kydex is Cool

Blue Kydex is Cool

Since I make holsters two at a time, whenever I make a holster for a Glock 19, I usually make a Glock 17 holster of the same color. I made this Glock 19 holster for an LE guy, and the Glock 17 holster, a couple of nights ago. I thought they came out pretty cool looking, in a Batman kinda way, so I had to take some pics the next morning.

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Neat, as long as someone doesn't mistake them for "Inert"!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    Seraph,
    I haven't had many requests for blue but I've done some coyote brown up for a couple of customers. The colored Kydex turns out a nice looking rig!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Seraph,
    I haven't had many requests for blue but I've done some coyote brown up for a couple of customers. The colored Kydex turns out a nice looking rig!
    I really have to agree. I'm sure my customer was thinking "Thin Blue Line," but my impression, once it was done, and cleaned up, was "BATMAN." I laughed out loud, and said "Holy blue holsters, Batman!"

If it's going to be concealed anyway, why not?

For our anniversary, which falls on Valentine's Day, I bought my wife an M&P 9C (3rd time I've bought her a Smith & Wesson as an anniversary present). She asked me not to buy her a bunch of roses and candy for Valentine's Day (and she had no idea the M&P 9C was coming), so I came up with a unique Valentine's Day gift to sweeten the deal. I made her a modified K-25 holster and mag holster, in red. Here's a photo (her idea):

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I REALLY want to play with some kydex. Most of the great ideas are gone, but I think I'd have some fun with it. Just for me, though. I don't want to go into production with this stuff. Leather is my canvas.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I really love a nice leather holster, and I used to be a staunch leather snob (emotionally, I still can't put my 1911's into a Kydex holster), but I've grown to appreciate Kydex too, and I really like working with it. If you're as much a perfectionist as I am, you'll likely put TOO MUCH time into each holster, to make them as they SHOULD be. Nonetheless, good results are very gratifying.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Wow. Those are some really cool looking holsters. I really like the valentines gift. Way to go.
    NRA Life Member

I like the blue. Comp-Tac is making RED, I assume for range officers. The Coyote is one of my favorites. I personally think everybody should have a good kydex rig for certain situations. Good work.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I like the blue. Comp-Tac is making RED, I assume for range officers. The Coyote is one of my favorites. I personally think everybody should have a good kydex rig for certain situations. Good work.
    I do, too. The more I look at it, the more I want to make one for myself. I don't need any holsters, right now, until I get another pistol...

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Nice looking stuff!

I have a Blade tech paddle for my G23, and am looking at a Comp-tac for my Sig 228.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I like it! Can you give some detailed descriptions of them? Are they iwb only?
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    If you put the pictures in this thread on your website, you will sell a ton of these things. You really take good pictures...Oh, and you make cool stuff too!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I really love a nice leather holster, and I used to be a staunch leather snob (emotionally, I still can't put my 1911's into a Kydex holster), but I've grown to appreciate Kydex too, and I really like working with it. If you're as much a perfectionist as I am, you'll likely put TOO MUCH time into each holster, to make them as they SHOULD be. Nonetheless, good results are very gratifying.

I like the green one. I don't see them listed on your site. Any plans to make holsters for the XDm?

Oops, double post.
    Last edited by NIS350ZTT; February 21st, 2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Double post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links