Glock 23 IWB holsters

Glock 23 IWB holsters

This is a discussion on Glock 23 IWB holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently picked up a G23. I have a crossbreed super tuck for almost all of my carry weapons I love them but at $70 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 23 IWB holsters

Glock 23 IWB holsters

I recently picked up a G23. I have a crossbreed super tuck for almost all of my carry weapons I love them but at $70 a pop they are starting to take there toll. Can anyone suggest some good IWB holsters to check out for a G23. I pretty much only have experience with crossbreed for IWB and Blackhawk for OWB (what I use when hunting etc.. as they have worked well for me but I feel like it's time to start branching out. I'm thinking this will be a summer carry gun since it's one of the smallest carry pieces I own besides a detective special. I like carrying full size pistols and have no problem concealing them with a crossbreed but I decided to try the smaller G23 and need a holster I can conceal with a T-shirt. I'm a small guy 5'4 150lbs. Thanks!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

G32
    Have you thought about SHTF Gear? I did a review here . That might be a good option, and I think I saw a coupon code for his site for 5 dollars off on his facebook page. Not sure if its still going though.

What exact OWB do you have? I've been looking for an OWB holster but have no idea where to start.

Most of the quality holsters (IWB) are gonna run ya $50-$70. Comp-tac MTAC, which is comprable to crossbreed, is my choice for my G23.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Check out my review of JS Holsters here...great IWB Kydex rig, about a three week turnaround and only $55 last time I ordered from them.

I know this may be over budget but it is well worth the money.

photo.jpgP04100419.jpg

G-23 in High Noon Public Secret.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...et_w_clip.html

The High Noon Mr. Softy is another less expensive option.

Mr Softy
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I had a kholster for a G36. It was nice. I think about $20 less than a crossbreed too.

Mtac, a bit more than a Crossbreed, but MUCH nicer quality. Check out their new BLACK Mtac models. Carry ALL my Glock in an Mtac.
    If you want an all leather holster, there are TOO many to suggest. I have a Bromelland ( spelling ?), but you'll have along wait, unless you find one for sale other than frmo the maker directly.
    Bought mine on the member buy/sell forum, after giving up waiting 8 months and counting to buy one direct.

CMR
    Why not a good old Don Hume Clip On?
    Or one by FIST?
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    I recently picked up a G23. I have a crossbreed super tuck for almost all of my carry weapons I love them but at $70 a pop they are starting to take there toll. Can anyone suggest some good IWB holsters to check out for a G23. I pretty much only have experience with crossbreed for IWB and Blackhawk for OWB (what I use when hunting etc.. as they have worked well for me but I feel like it's time to start branching out. I'm thinking this will be a summer carry gun since it's one of the smallest carry pieces I own besides a detective special. I like carrying full size pistols and have no problem concealing them with a crossbreed but I decided to try the smaller G23 and need a holster I can conceal with a T-shirt. I'm a small guy 5'4 150lbs. Thanks!
    This guy got the same style of holster as Crossbreed but only $50 (include -Combat cut
    -Stamped barbed border
    -Belt slots (for OWB carry)
    -Carbon fiber kydex (when available)

Phone# 513-293-3192
    shieldedholsters@hotmail.com
    Attached Images
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Theis over at glocktalk makes a CB comparable for less.

Concealed Carry Holsters - Glock Talk Classifieds

Also got a fist #1. Its for an M&P, but they are similar enough. The holster is great. Wouldn't hesitate to order again.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Comp-Tac is my choice; order from them and you will have it in a week or less.

I like their C-Tac for IWB. I have tried the minotaur which, like the cross breed, has one leather side. I found that one, just like 2 all-leather holsters I have, doesn't allow the fine-tuning of the retention force that the C-Tac does. No break-in required, just adjust the screws on the kydex holster and it's ready to go in seconds.

I use the DeSantis Cozy Partner for my Glock 22.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

+1 on Shielded Holsters. Basically CBST clone, but cheaper and will get to you within a week or so. I bought one for my G30 and found it to be quite well made.
    Last edited by FLSlim; March 9th, 2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    If you're already doing well with your Crossbreed, why don't you just get another one for your G23? $70 is a STEAL for a good concealment holster, especially one that has already proven to do the trick for you.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links