high noon bare skin holster

This is a discussion on high noon bare skin holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was thinking about getting a High Noon holster for my Smith 642 snubbie, called the "Bare Skin" for OWB. Does anyone have this holster, and ...

Thread: high noon bare skin holster

Was thinking about getting a High Noon holster for my Smith 642 snubbie, called the "Bare Skin" for OWB. Does anyone have this holster, and if so, how do you like it. Do you think it would also fit other J frame brands, like Taurus?

I have not used the "Bare Skin" holster, but I do own the High Noon "Snapper" for a Glock 19 which is made of the same material. I don't like it! It does not hold the pistol tight to my side so concealment is very poor. It now resides in my holster drawer. I don't know if the problem is the material or the design of the particular holster, so YMMV.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I have not used the "Bare Skin" holster, but I do own the High Noon "Snapper" for a Glock 19 which is made of the same material. I don't like it! It does not hold the pistol tight to my side so concealment is very poor. It now resides in my holster drawer. I don't know if the problem is the material or the design of the particular holster, so YMMV.

I think you are mixed up a bit, lets clear this up with correct information. The Snapper is made of different material and molded to the gun ordered for. Its not the same material as the Bare Skin. You may have the Skin Deep. The design of the holster is very common in the industry and well proven. In our experience, the holster is just a platform to hold the gun when needed. It is the belts job to hold the gun/holster close to the body, its not the holsters job. Its not a fuction a holster can do. Not sure where your problem is coming from, maybe body type or a weak belt or just a bad holster/belt/body type combo. We use the Skin Deep here, a piece of paper cannot separate the holster from our body, its sitting close.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Was thinking about getting a High Noon holster for my Smith 642 snubbie, called the "Bare Skin" for OWB. Does anyone have this holster, and if so, how do you like it. Do you think it would also fit other J frame brands, like Taurus?
    Yes it would fit most S&W J frames and the Taurus 85. Try it see if you like it, if not you can return it. The material is tuff and with a good gun belt it will stick to your side close.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    I think you are mixed up a bit, lets clear this up with correct information. The Snapper is made of different material and molded to the gun ordered for. Its not the same material as the Bare Skin. You may have the Skin Deep. The design of the holster is very common in the industry and well proven. In our experience, the holster is just a platform to hold the gun when needed. It is the belts job to hold the gun/holster close to the body, its not the holsters job. Its not a fuction a holster can do. Not sure where your problem is coming from, maybe body type or a weak belt or just a bad holster/belt/body type combo. We use the Skin Deep here, a piece of paper cannot separate the holster from our body, its sitting close.

Justin
    Justin, You are right. I apologize, I have the Skin Deep. However, I do wear reinforced gun belts (I have several different brands). Other holsters of mine (Alessi CQC/S, TT Gunleather, Galco M7X), which are also "snap-on" types hold the gun tight; the Skin Deep does not. It appears to me that the loops actually rotate slightly around the belt allowing the gun butt to tip outward.

A 1 1/4 belt I could see it happening but you most likley have a 1 1/2. The loops may have to break in, they are non molded and take a self mold after break in. They are very roundish and springish when new.

Justin

Does anyone own a High Noon skin holster made out of their Skin material in their Yaqui style holster.? I was thing sbout getting one for my 1911 gun it lists in at only $25.00 + shp.? It looks like a money saver but I do not see any reviews on this holster or what it is made out of any where

Administrator
    Good Company.

Have you checked out their fantastic super-fair return policy?

Return Policy

They are great & friendly folks at High Noon. You cannot lose. Try one.

Though for a 1911 I think that you would be better served with their Skin Guard holster. It offers 100% protection for your front sight and muzzle/crown and the price is still quite low and reasonable.

If anyone is still looking at this post from 2011 I can tell you about the Bareskin from my experience.

I have two (2) one for a Walther P99 fullsize .40 S&W and one for a Walther P99 compact 9mm.
    After more than 2 years of EDC (mostly with the .40) the holster shows almost no wear, other than a very slight peeling of the finish (skin?) around the belt cutouts. This slight peeling is not visible once the holster is being worn and in no way affects it in any way.

The holster still holds the pistol well (only had to tighten the set screws once over the years) and is so thin that concealment is no problem. Granted the holster is not stiff enough for rapid re-holstering, but I do not think it was designed for that, although with practice it does become rather easy. The cant is perfect on both holsters and at a 3:30 carry position both pistols vanish under cover of a dark or patterned shirt, t-shirt, sweater, vest or jacket.

OMO but it is a no nonsense bare bones holster that appears to be just about indestructable.

bosco

Bosco, we could not have said that better ourselves. It gives you a big value for the dollars spent. If you want to shine the finish, a little lite oil on a rag and wipe (not motor oil), will look brand new.

Justin

I realize this is an old thread, but I feel I owe Justin and his co-workers at High Noon an apology. After a couple of years of not using the Skin Deep holster, I recently tried it again (not on the gun for which it was originally purchased as I no longer have that one). It is working well now, holds the gun close to my body and is very comfortable as well as easy to put on/take off. I think I quite like it!

Sponsored Links