I just gotta say!

I just gotta say!

This is a discussion on I just gotta say! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off, I just found this forum and so far I'm liking the information I'm seeing here. My post is really to give others with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just gotta say!

First off, I just found this forum and so far I'm liking the information I'm seeing here. My post is really to give others with 'spare tire syndrome' a little information I was looking for but couldn't ever find.

I have been a CCW permit holder for about a year and a half, all the while looking, trying, and buying different holsters that might be comfortable for my body type, but no such luck. I have finally found one that appears to be what I've been looking for. One of my big problems with buying many conceal holsters is not knowing how it will actually feel on my size frame. I couldn't find any links for concealed holsters for 'those with spare tires'..LOL So I bit the bullet, and bought what I think will be my last.

The Crossbreed Supertuck.

I'm 260 lbs, 5'7", and have a pretty good spare that really seems to get in the way for carrying at the waist at alomost any position. I finally got the holster in today and couldn't wait to try it. So I strapped it on and headed out. Unbelieveable! My gun of choice is the Glock 26 and I believe I actually wore this holster at about 4 o'clock. I really forgot I was wearing one. The way it forms to your body really helps for, well, not letting my fat get in the way. The only problem I really have, which I really can't get around is it tends to want to weigh my pants down a little. Now, the spacing between the clips helps tremendously and my issue isn't really the holsters fault, but more of the weight of the gun.

The only improvement I could offer to Crossbreed for those of us with spare tire syndrome concerning the Supertuck is to offer a little more of the holster left so it actually extends and covers the entire grip of the gun. Basically I need the leather to be bewteen the grip and my fat roll 100%. Shoot, you could always cut it down a little at a time to get it how you want it. My grip actually rubs me a little but I think overall I will be very happy with the product.

On second thought, maybe I should just lose some weight!

Ah yes, muffinitis. The curse of CCers far and wide.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Welcome! I know of which you speak. It's tough to get the right "fit" with many holsters, especially when it tough to get pants to fit.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried a belt made specifically for CC? In my opinion a good gun belt makes all the difference. Several good makers that advertise on this forum. One or two get consistently good reviews.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Ah yes, muffinitis. The curse of CCers far and wide.
    No pun intended.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found a holster suitable for your circumstances.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

GM
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you found a holster you like.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Being of about the same size 5'9- 270 I know the feeling. I finally got a good belt to go with my Crossbreed and it makes all the difference in the world. I went with the Wilderness Tactical 1.5" 5 stitche. BIG DIFFERENCE......
    Welcome and hope it works for you.

Welcome! I have the CB supertuck also and love it. I don't have alot of other holster experience but the CB is very comfy.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Try shopping here for holsters...
    HOLSTERS

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to the forum.

You will find a lot of good information here.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Thanks for all the 'welcomes'! Yeah, I haven't got a good belt yet. I tried the CB last night with my everyday belt which is getting old and kinda flemsy. Anyone know of a good belt that doesn't have a normal size buckle? (again because of the extra baggage up front which is irritating if im sitting for long periods of time) I'd like somoething that is smaller in the buckle area, but a sturdy enough belt. I saw some CAT brand belts somewhere that didn't have a buckle at all.. just two 'pins' that went threw a couple holes.

And "thanks" from Shreveport!

A good belt WILL make a big difference in carrying. I just replied over in the Beltman thread and that brand or A&G (site sponsor) would be fine choices. Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of great advice here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links