Beltman belts? - Page 2

Beltman belts?

This is a discussion on Beltman belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I don't have a Beltman belt, I also have an A&G and love it. If they are the same quality you will definitely love ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beltman belts?

While I don't have a Beltman belt, I also have an A&G and love it. If they are the same quality you will definitely love the Beltman. I only wish I would have bought a nice belt the first time, instead of trying to save money! Guess live and learn.

Beltman is the best! Jim lives up to his company name. I've worn my 1.25 black horshide 7-hole nearly every day now for three years and it's held up great. It's more pliable now and some edge areas faded from kydex carriers, but it's still perfectly rigid from top edge to bottom edge. Prior to Beltman, all my leather 1.25 or 1.50 gunbelts were either Galco, Uncle Mike's Nylon Hybrid, 5.11 purchased retail or online but they're all beat up from just a short time of wear. Except for occasional teaching or regular training (I wear Wilderness), my Beltman is everyday, every occasion.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

My current belt is nearing 15yrs old and when they asked what I wanted for my birthday, I immediately replied "NEW GUN BELT", so they will oblige. I will place the order tomorrow and wait impatiently until it arrives.

If it is half as good as this belt I have and as your feedback suggest, it will be worth the wait.

Is it necessary to get the stiffer added to the belt for it to perform as desired, my present belt does not have it and has done fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    Is it necessary to get the stiffer added to the belt for it to perform as desired, my present belt does not have it and has done fine.

Thanks
    Mines been fine without it at 5+ years of daily G19 carry. One thing for sure if you do include the stiffener you could probably carry a howitzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    +1 on A&G belts (site sponsor). I received mine a little over a week ago and it is very nice and quite substantial. I got mine in the 1 1/4 width, with 7 holes, as recommended by several others. Unless you're going to hang a lot of stuff off your belt, the narrower width will work with dress pants as well as casual pants. !
    I wondered how well they work in the 1 1/4.... because many pants I have won't accommodate a 1 1/2" "thick" belt.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I got my Beltman belt about a year ago. 1 1/2" bullhide with the 7 holes. Love it. Wear it every day and still looks great. Took 5 weeks to get but it was worth it.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Eagleks;

We sell alot of 1 1/4" belts to Federal Agencies, LEO's and people who have to dress in suits, slacks, ect. The 1 1/4" belt seems to do fine. It is not the platform that the 1 1/2" belt is but still stable enough for all day carry.

I would not be opposed to the thinner belt when attire warrants it.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

I have both a Beltman 1.5' cowhide, 7-holer and a 1.5 to 1.25 taper CompTac cowhide with reinforcement.

Both are excellent, I would give the CompTac an extra point due to the pre-curve.

I would not get the 7 hole option again on the Beltman as they have to do small round holes vs oval holes if you go with 5-holes. The round holes are somewhat more difficult to get the tounge into.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    My Beltman 1.5" belt has been outstanding for the past two years. worn it every day, gun or not.
    Sounds like the OP already ordered, and he will be happy!

I have a 2 year old Beltman 7 hole with stiffener. Its a beautiful belt. I also have a Cabela Double Duty that cost 1/4 what the belt man cost and serves its purpose just as well...

3 weeks ago I was wearing my beltman and when I got home and went to remove my belt and my CCW... the buckle fell off!!!!!
    If it had happened whie i was out and about it could have been bad and/or embarrassing. One of the screws that holds the buckle on was totally MIA and the other was apart! I emailed beltman and got a smart arse response about I didn't read the instructions very well that came with the belt...Which was true. I normally dont need instructions to wear a belt, but the instruction said to lock-tite the chicago screws that hold the buckle on. My bad.....
    I've worn the Cabelas belt a thousand times more often to prevent tearing up the Beltman belt. I've never had to do maitenance on it to keep it it from falling apart and as stated it cost 1/4th what the beltman cost.

The morale of the story...read the instructions and check your beltman belts.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

In 10 years will the Cabelas belt be serviceable?

I know my Beltman will. Sometimes initial cost is not the only factor in a purchase. I like the saying

"buy once cry once"

I bought one. I like it so far, although I haven't worn it too much. My old belt had a cinch-type adjustment, which was really nice. It's tough going back to a belt with holes, since it's tight and depending on the day, can be uncomfortable. That just means i have to lose some of the excess around my waist, though.

I got a quick-ship belt since I couldn't wait around several weeks. I am happy. Good service, fast shipping.

Make sure you measure correctly, though. Put on your gear and the pants you'll wear and measure that way. I used a tape measure (not the contractor's kind, but the kind your mother used when sizing things to sew).

I'm about to find out, since I"ve had numerous issues with "really good belts" . So, due to the numerous recommendations of Beltman and talking with Jim about them and discussing the issues I"ve had, he now has an order from me for one. Now, if you see me recommend them, better go buy one..... because no belt I've had so far has been worth a dime. I have a feeling, I"m going to be glad to have this belt from Jim.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I just ordered one too, now the wait begins. I'll post my review when I get to try it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links