Beltman belts?

This is a discussion on Beltman belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My family is going to buy me a new belt for my birthday. I have been looking at the Beltman belts......anyone offer feedback about the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beltman belts?

Beltman belts?

My family is going to buy me a new belt for my birthday. I have been looking at the Beltman belts......anyone offer feedback about the belts or suggestions as to which belt you like.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

After trying several supposedly sturdy belts, I went with a beltman bull hide belt. That was about 5 years ago and it's still going strong and looks brand new. The horse is a little more sturdy but the shark is gorgeous. Just make sure to follow the directions for sizing exactly. also get the 7 hole vs the 5 since it makes smaller adjustments when you need to. I'd also recommend to stick to the 1.5 inch, most pants will handle it and it's much better to distribute the weight on a wider belt.

The Beltman's belts are beautifully made of quality leather and are SUBSTANTIAL. They do what they are intended to do very well. What "NC Bullseye" says about the 1.5" width is undoubtedly true, but I prefer the looks of the 1.25" belt and don't find them lacking in any respect. Even in the narrower width, because of their thickness and stitching, The Beltman's belts have a casual appearance; they are not dressy or elegant. Order it exactly like you want it - you're gong to be enjoying it for a LONG time!
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

VIP Member
    I have an A&G belt and have the same comments about it. It is great.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

+1 on A&G belts (site sponsor). I received mine a little over a week ago and it is very nice and quite substantial. I got mine in the 1 1/4 width, with 7 holes, as recommended by several others. Unless you're going to hang a lot of stuff off your belt, the narrower width will work with dress pants as well as casual pants. I'll probably wear mine to church this AM. If this is not something that matters to you, then perhaps the 1 1/2 width would be the way to go. I looked at Beltman when I was trying to decide about a belt, but ended up with the A&G because for the same apparent quality it was a bit less expensive. Either way, you can't go wrong with a quality belt like either of these brands. Enjoy and happy b-day!

Never have I seen a negative review of Beltman belts. People who buy them seem to be exceptionally pleased. The size issue is one to think about. Because of my clothing style, I'm currently using a 1 1/4 belt (5.11) and it's OK but an extra quarter inch would be real nice to have. My next belt will almost certainly be in the larger size, yet most often I'll have to wear the narrower one.

The suggestion for 7 holes is a very good one: you'll need them if you both IWB and OWB carry.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

You will be pleased with the Beltman's products. I wanted something to support my N-frame S&W's so ordered the 1 3/4" 7 hole horsehide and it does the job. Expect the belt to be ultra stiff when new. I had to take my pants off to thread the it through the belt and holster loops initially.

You can't go wrong with a Beltman Belt. I tried several others before getting my Beltman Belt. They are the best made out there. They do what they are made for and look great. You'll never regret going with a Beltman Belt.
    The best preventative medicine is superior fire power.

VIP Member
    The Beltman belts are also offered with a tapered cut. Wide on the sides and back, narrowing in the front.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    My third Beltman belt is currently on order. I currently have one in black shark, and one in brown horsehide. Both are 1.5" and have 5 holes. When I carry, I carry OWB so the 7 vs 5 hole thing is a moot point for me. I wear the belts with jeans, dockers, and suits and they are compatible with all.

I carry a P7 (think top heavy brick) in a high ride holster, and the horsehide supports it no problem. The incoming horsehide is in black to do the same job.

FYI, Jim no longer offers sharkskin. I spoke to him at length about this when placing my order. His current "top of the line" belt is made from elephant. The sources of his elephant leather are ethical.

Since no one else has put in a link yet, Gun Belts by The Belt Man. DO follow the sizing instructions if this is your first from him. I purposefully ordered 1" larger as I prefer to use the third hole, not the second.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

If you carry a heavy pistol, I'd get the 1.5 inch belt. I carry a G30 or a full size 1911 and it works well. I have 2 bullhide and 1 horsehide and can't really tell the difference in stiffness.

The 7 hole option is great advice, As has been said, follow the measuring instructions carefully. You'll be very pleased.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Ordered mine some months ago and it is the only belt I wear. This is another company that combines an exceptional product with exceptional customer service. I know there are other makes of gun belts out there, but you I know you can't go wrong with Beltman.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I've had my beltman belt for about 3 years now and it still looks great and is as sturdy as the day it arrived. You will not be disappointed.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    After trying several supposedly sturdy belts, I went with a beltman bull hide belt. That was about 5 years ago and it's still going strong and looks brand new. The horse is a little more sturdy but the shark is gorgeous. Just make sure to follow the directions for sizing exactly. also get the 7 hole vs the 5 since it makes smaller adjustments when you need to. I'd also recommend to stick to the 1.5 inch, most pants will handle it and it's much better to distribute the weight on a wider belt.
    Mine is only about 3 years old (also the bull hide), and I'd give you the same advice. I've used mine with jeans and shorts; inside and outside the waistband carry, and never a problem!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links