Remora Testimonial

This is a discussion on Remora Testimonial within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I heard about thee holsters from this forum. I thought, "that's interesting, but without being secure with a clip, I don't know, and it wouldn't ...

Thread: Remora testimonial

Remora testimonial

I heard about thee holsters from this forum. I thought, "that's interesting, but without being secure with a clip, I don't know, and it wouldn't be easy to re-holster". Well, I discovered their new (maybe not new, but new since I last looked into them) RFT feature. The reinforced top. It has a Kydex strip in the top half of the holster to keep it open for one handed reholstering. And yes, they're very sticky.

I was skeptical at first (so cliche, I know ), but really, these things just work. I was out and about for nearly 6 hour with my usual carry, my G30. It didn't move AT ALL. I was always adjusting my Blade-Tech (nice holster as well). But, it had one clip so the cant would move back and forth and I'd constantly be changing it. But the Remora, where you put it, is where is stays. Good luck trying to adjust it once you have you belt buckled up. The RFT version really works. And they're comfortable. I was sitting (in my car, couch, two different resturants) for the probably 5 and a half hours out of the 6 hours I was out.

It may require some break in time. Depending on the size of holster and gun you have, they do actually have some retention. I noticed when I reholster, the slide may be pushed back an 1/8" or so, but as I used it more and more, it stopped happening.

I got a second one for my Hk USP, that I NEVER carry... just because. Maybe I'll carry it now?

They're not the end-all holster, but they're close. Fully adjustable in cant and how low or high it rides. Where you put it is where it stays. If you were ever thinking about buying one, but didn't because you were unsure if they really work.... just buy one. They're decently priced and, well...... they just work... just as advertised.

This may just be my main carry holster now, since I primarily carrying IWB. I have a few OWB holsters for the range, but I never carry with them.

Last edited by RKM; March 6th, 2011 at 01:38 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I too, drank the kool-aid. I got one for my PM9 and LCP. I think I'm ruined, now. The LCP just disappears!

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I like my Remora for my XD45c as well. It does have a tendency to slip down, though, I've noticed. It also helps to have a decent belt still - helps distribute the weight a bit better.

It also helps to clean it once in a while. Obviously, after a while it tends to accumulate a thin (invisible) layer of dead skin cells, shirt lint, oil, etc. Cleaning the outside with something simple restores it to almost like-new stickiness. I use something called Meguiar's all purpose cleaner diluted to the strength I use to clean car interiors and leather. I assume the same applies to "sticky" holsters like the Nemesis, but I have a brand new Nemesis, and whatever the Remora is made of is definitely "stickier" than the Nemesis. It's a good product, especially for the price.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, if it gets dirty it'll lose it's tackiness. I didn't have any problems with mine slipping down at all. Though, I have an A&G belt.

I think if my Blade-Tech was covered iwith a thin layer of the same rubbery material, but was left with the bare Kydex inside, it'd make for the 100% perfect holster, in my opinion. I really prefer Kydex, but this Remora just works so well. And it's quick and easy which is a huge plus. It's as simple as, but safer, than just stuffing a gun in your wasitband and forgetting it.

How does it work with Running and Frequent sitting / squatting?
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Well, I'll say I wasn't running at all, but sitting down and constant movement didn't phase it. It's really sticky.

I've heard reviews of people carrying lighter guns, like KelTec's or small polymer Kahrs in gyms shirts with a draw string, and they're amazed by it. I'm sure it'd handle running just fine.

Until you actually use one, or feel the material for yourself, it's hard to believe why so many people like them. I thought they were a bit gimmicky at first, but they really work.

Thumbs up good option

+1 on the Remora. I originally bought one because I was having trouble finding an IWB holster to fit my Armscor MAPP 1. Took a chance after reading a few reviews and have been happy with the purchase. It may need to be adjusted slightly a few times during the day but for the most part stays where you put it. I can also use it for the new Glock 19 that I just bought.

I have a hard time drawing without the holster coming out with the gun...anybody else have that issue?

I really need to see some reviews with people moving and drawing. You wont be standing still when you are attacked and I want to know how often the holster comes out with the weapon when you have to get off the X and draw. Otherwise the holster is a gimmick and could get you in serious trouble in a sd situation.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond78 View Post
    I have a hard time drawing without the holster coming out with the gun...anybody else have that issue?
    Are you wearing a belt?

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I got one for my Kahr P9, and while the holster doesn't move much, it does tend to slip down (and yes, I'm wearing a belt - Wilderness). I found the pattern that is stitched on the holster to not fit the gun very well, allowing the gun to slip back and forth and making it hard to get a good grip.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Are you wearing a belt?
    Not at first, but even with a belt - albeit not a gun belt - the holster still came out.

I have a standard remora for my G19 and like it. I dont have any issues with the setup moving around or the holster being displaced when I draw.

I also have the remora single mag carrier that I use to pocket carry an extra mag. I prefer it in the pocket over the waist as I just don't want the gun and the mag both being stuck iwb

For the price, I have no buyers remorse
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Just an update on carrying with the Remora for the past few weeks. Pretty much retired the LCP and put the PM9 back in service. This holster is so comfortable. I have no issues with with the holster coming out when drawing the pistol. Been carrying all day every day and it stays put. Now, I carry my Leatherman in the mag pouch and have nothing hanging on my belt (except my belly).
    Attached Images

Links